Ask the Hand of Noxus

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Darius

06-02-2014

Darius sat within his home in Noxus, a large decorated manor with Noxian banners hung about the walls. He absently polished his ax when he heard loud and persistent rapping at his door. With a sigh he rose from his seat and rested the end of his ax over his shoulder; bent on dealing with the un-welcomed visitor. He opened the door and was rather surprised to see a summoner donned in the usual robes.

"Why are you here?" He asked with an impatient tone, unhappy to have his personal business interrupted so abruptly. Darius' fingers could be seen clutching the ax's handle anxiously as the Noxian was on the verge of using it. The summoner noticed this and gulped, speaking tentatively. The general didn't get much time to himself and disliked the summoner wasting it; so was clear with his hate-filled scowl.

"S-Sorry Darius...but you are now required to answer letters and...t-take visitors if you can." The summoner spoke in a quiet and scared voice, trembling before the Hand of Noxus in all of his glory. Darius glared down at him with a severely angered glare, raising his ax. The sun glinted off of the blade as it swung down at amazing speed.

"EEP!" The summoner made a pathetic noise as he felt the tip of the ax brush over his nose, as well cut through the top of his hood and come to a hard stop into the ground ahead of him. Darius growled in fury as he lifted the ax back up and turned away from the summoner. He began walking away with the ax resting on his shoulder but stopped abruptly after four steps. The man's head turned and he looked over his shoulder at the summoner.

"You will go back and tell them I accept. But know that anyone who visits may feel my ax if I deem it necessary. Also, close the door." Darius added on before walking back to his office, plopping himself down in his chair and continuing to polish his ax. The general thought deeply about using it on his visitors but would restrain himself...it would not bode well with many if he just started killing people who were now allowed to visit him. Settling on the idea of killing whoever insulted him put his mind at ease for the time being.

Meanwhile, a summoner who had just recently soiled his robes closed Darius' door and made his way back to the institute on trembling legs carrying the Noxian's message.

((You know the drill, send letters and visit at the risk of getting dunked.))

Nagash lich king

06-02-2014

Darius,

What is your breakfast of champions?

-Nagash

SerpantsEmbrace

06-02-2014

((Yay! we haz Daius again!))

Ask Darius

06-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash lich king View Post
Darius,

What is your breakfast of champions?

-Nagash
A letter in surprisingly elegant handwriting would arrive in return.

Nagash,

I start every one of my mornings two eggs and a single piece of toast. This never differs; as it allows me to maintain my strength and still have proper energy throughout my morning.

-Darius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpantsEmbrace View Post
((Yay! we haz Daius again!))
((Yez, you do.))

Tyrant Swain 2

06-03-2014

It was a bright, sunny day out with a few clouds in the sky as Swain walked up to Darius' home. He did not have any Raedsel with him for once, as he felt even as Darius knew they were just precautionary, he still might take their presence as a sign of mistrust. Beatrice was on his shoulder, having recently eaten and his armor was recently cleaned as he knocked up the door.

Ask Darius

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Swain 2 View Post
It was a bright, sunny day out with a few clouds in the sky as Swain walked up to Darius' home. He did not have any Raedsel with him for once, as he felt even as Darius knew they were just precautionary, he still might take their presence as a sign of mistrust. Beatrice was on his shoulder, having recently eaten and his armor was recently cleaned as he knocked up the door.
Darius looked up from his desk, frowning weakly as he heard the knocking upon his door. His head swiveled over to his ax which was resting on a elegant, red stand. Pushing the paperwork he had been working on away from the center of his desk, the general stood up and gripped his ax. The man was wearing his usual armor and moved rather quickly towards the door. 'Why did I accept this?' He thought to himself as he continued his brisk pace towards the entrance of his home.

The door would swing open to reveal the Hand of Noxus within the house with his ax resting upon his shoulder. He was wearing an irritated scowl as the door opened. His expression softened slightly as he realized it was Swain, 'At least this shouldn't be a waste of time.' This thought calmed Darius and he looked at Swain; feeling much more patient with his visitor now.

"Hello Swain." Darius said bluntly as he stepped to the side of the doorway and made a beckoning motion with his free arm; signaling the grand general he was welcomed to come inside the home. Upon entrance, Swain would find himself in the decorated entrance room of Darius' manor, Noxian banners hung about the room much like the other rooms within the house.

"What brings you here?" He inquired, wondering why Swain himself was paying a visit. Darius had expected random rabble to arrive at his doorstep, and the visit of Noxus' grand general came as a genuine surprise to him.

Tyrant Swain 2

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Dunkmaster View Post
Darius looked up from his desk, frowning weakly as he heard the knocking upon his door. His head swiveled over to his ax which was resting on a elegant, red stand. Pushing the paperwork he had been working on away from the center of his desk, the general stood up and gripped his ax. The man was wearing his usual armor and moved rather quickly towards the door. 'Why did I accept this?' He thought to himself as he continued his brisk pace towards the entrance of his home.

The door would swing open to reveal the Hand of Noxus within the house with his ax resting upon his shoulder. He was wearing an irritated scowl as the door opened. His expression softened slightly as he realized it was Swain, 'At least this shouldn't be a waste of time.' This thought calmed Darius and he looked at Swain; feeling much more patient with his visitor now.

"Hello Swain." Darius said bluntly as he stepped to the side of the doorway and made a beckoning motion with his free arm; signaling the grand general he was welcomed to come inside the home. Upon entrance, Swain would find himself in the decorated entrance room of Darius' manor, Noxian banners hung about the room much like the other rooms within the house.

"What brings you here?" He inquired, wondering why Swain himself was paying a visit. Darius had expected random rabble to arrive at his doorstep, and the visit of Noxus' grand general came as a genuine surprise to him.
"Thank you Darius." Swain said as Darius invited him inside. He looked around a bit, Darius' Patriotism certainly showed, and it made Swain realize he should probably have one or two banners flying around his home as well... It wasn't that Swain wasn't somewhat Patriotic in his own way, he just never thought about it. He turned to Darius as Darius questioned him.

"I came to check in on you, I'm curious as to what you may have been doing the past few weeks." Swain waved his hand a bit. "And we can throw out formalities, we might not be equals in rank but my ascension into the seat of the Grand General would have been a hell of a lot more difficult had you not chosen to assist me."

Ask Darius

06-03-2014

Quote:
"Thank you Darius." Swain said as Darius invited him inside. He looked around a bit, Darius' Patriotism certainly showed, and it made Swain realize he should probably have one or two banners flying around his home as well... It wasn't that Swain wasn't somewhat Patriotic in his own way, he just never thought about it. He turned to Darius as Darius questioned him.

"I came to check in on you, I'm curious as to what you may have been doing the past few weeks." Swain waved his hand a bit. "And we can throw out formalities, we might not be equals in rank but my ascension into the seat of the Grand General would have been a hell of a lot more difficult had you not chosen to assist me."
Darius nodded in response to Swain's thank you and closed the door, looking at Swain with an expression of pure neutrality. This however changed when he saw the grand general observing the banners and looked around at them himself, a weak smile forming as he was proud of his patriotism. He continued to look at Swain with this weak smile as he addressed formalities. Darius of course respected the man and would not turn down the dropping of said formalities.

"Of course. I've been writing letters and training in my free time...if one could call that free time." He said with a solemn tone in his voice, still seething over the fact he had to answer letters and take visitors. The man loosened his grip on his ax, letting it rest fully on his shoulder...there was no use for it currently. "Yes, it could have been. I believe that working together we can bring Noxus to glory much faster then as enemies." He said simply, finding it very true.

"What have you been doing these past few weeks?" He asked with a plain tone now. The Noxian looked much more relaxed as he spoke with Swain...it was a relief to not have some cowering moron at his door coming to speak with him as he expected.

Tyrant Swain 2

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Dunkmaster View Post
Darius nodded in response to Swain's thank you and closed the door, looking at Swain with an expression of pure neutrality. This however changed when he saw the grand general observing the banners and looked around at them himself, a weak smile forming as he was proud of his patriotism. He continued to look at Swain with this weak smile as he addressed formalities. Darius of course respected the man and would not turn down the dropping of said formalities.

"Of course. I've been writing letters and training in my free time...if one could call that free time." He said with a solemn tone in his voice, still seething over the fact he had to answer letters and take visitors. The man loosened his grip on his ax, letting it rest fully on his shoulder...there was no use for it currently. "Yes, it could have been. I believe that working together we can bring Noxus to glory much faster then as enemies." He said simply, finding it very true.

"What have you been doing these past few weeks?" He asked with a plain tone now. The Noxian looked much more relaxed as he spoke with Swain...it was a relief to not have some cowering moron at his door coming to speak with him as he expected.
"Well a few days ago I had to retire several clerks and secretaries that couldn't even handle paperwork, it's lightened the amount of paperwork I've been getting and allowed me to focus on more important things, like observing and managing a few military operations as well as come up with new exercises to better test new recruits, which is another thing I came to ask you about."

Swain thought for a moment. "I've also been getting redundant questions, though I had a pleasant visit from the Maven of Strings-" Swain spoke her name with some regard, not having to hide his appreciation for her music though sure as hell not fanboying annoyingly over it. "-but of course there are the annoying pests that visit every now and again. I know it must be annoying for you, but everyone has to deal with them. Also, could we sit down somewhere?"

Ask Darius

06-03-2014

Quote:
"Well a few days ago I had to retire several clerks and secretaries that couldn't even handle paperwork, it's lightened the amount of paperwork I've been getting and allowed me to focus on more important things, like observing and managing a few military operations as well as come up with new exercises to better test new recruits, which is another thing I came to ask you about."

Swain thought for a moment. "I've also been getting redundant questions, though I had a pleasant visit from the Maven of Strings-" Swain spoke her name with some regard, not having to hide his appreciation for her music though sure as hell not fanboying annoyingly over it. "-but of course there are the annoying pests that visit every now and again. I know it must be annoying for you, but everyone has to deal with them. Also, could we sit down somewhere?"
Darius looked at Swain with interest as he spoke of new ideas for exercising the new recruits. "I'm sure I could manage that when the time comes." He said with a faint smile returning. He turned and started walking down across the floor of his entrance room and towards his living room. Along the way it would be noticeable that Darius had plaques that held the titles of many battles fought; trophies there to remind him of his past in the military.

"Dealing with them will be a test of my patience without a doubt...you're the first to actually visit though." He said while making another beckoning motion as he walked into the living room. Inside would be two comfortable wooden chairs on opposite sides of a small coffee table, as well as a brightly burning fireplace that radiated a comforting warmth. Beside it rest another stand for Darius' ax, which he propped the weapon against. Of course Noxian banners were all around the room, decorating the otherwise plain walls and showing the man's patriotism much like the last room.

"I can only hope I will receive pleasant visits, although it's most likely they will be wastes of my time." Darius spoke as he sat down in one of the chairs; motioning Swain towards the other one. He stared across at the grand general and thought quietly for a few moments. He sat back fully in his chair, his armor making a small noise as it scratched against the chair's wooden surface.

"Now that I think about it, perhaps I should hire a secretary..." He said as he stared off for a moment, thinking about the paperwork he was attending to when Swain had arrived. There would be much less time to do it now that he was required to take letters and visitors.

1234511 ... 18