[Ask Jayce/Open RP] ]Jayce Techmaturgics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceTheDefender

09-21-2014

((Here it is. I finally got around to finnishing it. As a not to all who read or will follow this, I am basing some of his character and some past history on this comic. ))

Piltover. City of Tomorrow. Despite all of its technological advancements and soaring vision of the future, it was still a city full of hundreds of thousands of people. They filled the streets and traveled every which way. One part of the city barely saw any of these people, and they hardly gave a second look for that part of their city. The Industrial District of Piltover saw one oddly-dressed man that night as he walked down the side street.

Jayce's life had turned upsde down the day he had been commissioned by the Government to study that Crystal. When he had created his Hammer and done what the whole government was too scared to do: stand up to Zaun. It brought a small smile to his face as he thought of the days he spent designing his Hammer and testing it.

With that self same hammer slung over his shoulder, he headed towards a rundown building nestled between an old construction site and a large dozen story building. An office, he thought. He had just gotten back from visiting family and EVERYONE wanted a picture with him in full gear. Truthbe told, his mother loved seeing him in his grampa's old uniform. When he had marched to Zaun, he had found his grandfather's old Screaming Yipsnakes flight suit. After some heavy hextech modifications, he had worn it to Zaun as a symbol of his city. He wore it now and as his traditional uniform because he rather had come to like the overly large coat. It fit him well, like gramps always said it would.

He shouldered the broken door open and stepped inside, flickering lights above the door reading JAYCE TECHMATUGICS. There was one main room, and to side rooms with a bathroom built off his bedroom. He walked up to a rack leaning against the wall, carefully leaning his Mercury Hammer against it. He removed his coat, revealing a layer of hextech to assist him in using the Hammer beneath the top layer. Hanging it on another rack, he moved to his worktable, taking up most of one of the walls.

On it was a small machine that had been damaged long ago, the same one that had brought him the crystal originally and that he had dragged around as his lab assisstant while he studied the crystal. He sat down and got to work, finnishing his latest project to restore the Bot, but reprogram it. No more trying to run back the Governme-

BBZZZZTT BZZZZZZZTT

Doorbell. Jayce groaned and checked the time, about 6 pm. He stood and grumbled as he trudged his way to the door. If it was another "down on his luck pitiful yordle", he'd hammer them to Bilgewater where they belonged. He opened the door, loooking at the young yordle girl at his doorstep. Not a hobo or a squater, or a fan because she hasn't started squeeling. "Thank you for choosing Jayce Techmaturgics, how can I help you today?" He repeated tiredly, aware of his wrinkled shirt, dirty slacks, and one shoe missing. At least his hair was still good. Normally the rumbled clothes would bother him, but he was just too tired at the moment.

The young girl beamed happily, messing with her slightly stained overalls. "h- Hi mister Jayce! My papa is a p- publisher for one of papers for southern Piltover. Umm..could..." She pulled out a crumpled letter and held it up for him. "C- can you um...answer questions...people have about..you? A lot of people have been sending letters and questions for you and I...was hoping..."

Jayce smiled and knelt down to her level. "Whats your name?" "p..peggy." "Well Peggy, tell your father I'd be happy to answer questions he sends my way. But-" He held up a finger to stop her happy outburst, coming out as "MMmm?" "He has to advertise my shop as well. Here," He grabbed an old flyer off the floor that he had made years ago to pass out advertising his store. Had all the info needed. "Give this to him." "oh I will!" She ran down the street, haf skipping half sprinting. Jayce chuckled tiredly before moving back inside.

He walked past the workbench, patting the dead robot sypathetically. "Don't worry little guy, I'll get you fixed...just not now." He walked into his room, kicking off the remaining shoe and flipping the light button off before collapsing on his bed. Maybe these letters will be good for buisness? was his final thought as he drifted off.

//************************************************** *****************//

And there we are. As a note, this is both an ask thread and a open rp. Those looking for custom-made hextech equipment can purchase them here. Or have him make something for them. (I may even make a drawing of such if its within my abilities)

Normal rp rules: be nice, be cordial, be respectful.

Grievous77

09-21-2014

((So league universe or new lore universe? Also good job man!))

Dear Jayce,

What is your breakfast? Also, do you like to study strange creatures? Extraordinary ones at that?

- Scar

BattlexMistress

09-21-2014

A letter would arrive for Jayce, the front of the letter had a chakram symbol and behind the symbol was the letter S. Upon opening it, it would read:

Dear Jayce,

What would you do without your hair gel?

-Battle Mistress-

JayceTheDefender

09-22-2014

Jayce rolled out of bed the next morning, groggily throwing together a bit of coffee. As it brewed, he noticced several letters by the mail slot. groaning, he went over and picked them up. Huh. Who- then he remembered the girl from the other day and smiled. Taking a seat at his workbench he began reading the letters.

Breakfast? Oh ****, the coffee. He ran to his small kitchen to find the pot about to over flow. Shuting the coffee maker off, he quickly set the pot aside. He poured himself a cup then grabbed a box of his mother's cookies before returning to the letters. He found a few clean pieces of scratch paper and began writing his response.His writing was refined and clean.

Quote:
Scar-

The ideal breakfast is a large glass of grape juice, 2 slices of toast, a few pieces of apple and orange and a small bowl of oatmeal.
My actual breakfast is whatever I don't end up burning and anything else I can grab.

I haven't had much of a chance to study abnormal beings. My major and skill lies in Hextech.

Jayce
Defender of Tomorrow
Owner of Jayce Techmaturgics
He turned to the next letter, surprised that a fellow Champion had written him. He studied it intently, then frowned. He had a flashback to his college days, when he had been so pour that a buddy had convinced him to try a little motor oil to slick his hair back.
He quickly wrote out a response:

Quote:
Battle Mistress,

If I had no hair gel, I would wear a hat. Not a top hat like Caitlyn's. Perhaps a fedora if the occasion permitted and it fit the moment.

Jayce
Defender of Tomorrow

BattlexMistress

09-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceTheDefender View Post
He turned to the next letter, surprised that a fellow Champion had written him. He studied it intently, then frowned. He had a flashback to his college days, when he had been so pour that a buddy had convinced him to try a little motor oil to slick his hair back.
He quickly wrote out a response:
Same type of letter appeared in his mail depot. Same symbol on the front of the letter.

Quote:
Dear Jayce,

What are your thoughts on Shurima?

-Battle Mistress-

JayceTheDefender

09-23-2014

Jayce sat at his workbench, putting together the power supply built into the little robot from the government. He'd taken to calling it LOB. Little Ol' Bot. Didnt have a real sciency feel to it, but he- BZZZT Jayce jumped in surprise, his soldering tool shaking a moment.

Sighing, he set his things aside and moved to the door. Noticing the letter on the floor, he picked up the letter and smiled at the sender. "Sivir again? huh.." He went back to his table and read through the letter...

"My thoughts on shurima..." He pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.

Quote:
Dear Battle Mistress,

I have to be honest when I say I have never been to the Grand Desert of Shurima, though I have seen many pictures of it. Its golden sand is stunning and the landscapes I am told are wonders to behold.

To my own mind, I don't believe I would enjoy it. The sand would wreck havoc on my equipment. I'd be scrubbing sand out of places I didn't know existed. And I built my things myself. It feels like a place I could appreciate at a distance, but not a place I would enjoy living.

How do you feel about Shurima? To my knowledge it is the land of your birth but as a mercenary I am sure you have seen the worst and greatest of all the City-States.

Jayce
Defender of Tomorrow

BattlexMistress

09-23-2014

Quote:
Jayce sat at his workbench, putting together the power supply built into the little robot from the government. He'd taken to calling it LOB. Little Ol' Bot. Didnt have a real sciency feel to it, but he- BZZZT Jayce jumped in surprise, his soldering tool shaking a moment.

Sighing, he set his things aside and moved to the door. Noticing the letter on the floor, he picked up the letter and smiled at the sender. "Sivir again? huh.." He went back to his table and read through the letter...

"My thoughts on shurima..." He pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.
Instead of sending a letter, Sivir would visit Jayce herself so they could talk more easily. It would also save in necessary materials for shipping. Sivir aarived after two days of traveling. Looking around to Piltover, it felt very strange compared to the sands of Shurima. It highly showed as she was much tanner than most people here. Her clothes were also from another city-state, labeling her an outcast. But because of her status people gossiped.

As she made her way to Jayce Techmaturgics she knocked on the door three solid firm times. She awaited for Jayce to come and greet her, as she brought a small gift from Shurima with her. Looking about the vastness of all the technological of things here, she was not really up to date on things in the big city of Piltover.

JayceTheDefender

09-23-2014

Jayce was scrounging around in the back of his shop, digging through various old wrecks from one of the scrap yards outside the city. He had had an idea come to him in a dream: admittedly a bit of a nightmare of Viktor returning to piltoverfor...he couldn't remember what the lunatic had come for a second time, but he had beaten Jayce with some form of poison. So he had been up since early morning looking for a solution. He thought he might've found one and had written a rough sketch of an armored suit on a multiple papers scattered around the shop.

When he heard the knocks, his head seemed to pop up from the junk pile before crawling out. He was actually properly dressed for what he was doing, loose dirty pants and a paint and oil-stained shirt. He came to the door and opened it. "Thank you for choosing Jayce Techmatur-" He finally realised who was at his door and jerked up from his slouch. "Oh! Sivir! I- I didn't expect- please, please, come in!"

He stepped aside then grimaced out of her sight. Oh, the place is a mess... Along the edge of the main room were bits of old papers, a few wrecked machines and bots.along one wall were pictures and notes. Mort prominant was his Certificate of Graduation from one of Piltover's finest Techmaturgical schools. Next to it was a photo of his family, a little Jayce on a large, barrel-chested man's shoulders. The man wore the same suit that Jayce wore on the Fields and when serving as the Defender of Piltover.

"Er..sorry for the mess..."

BattlexMistress

09-23-2014

Quote:
Jayce was scrounging around in the back of his shop, digging through various old wrecks from one of the scrap yards outside the city. He had had an idea come to him in a dream: admittedly a bit of a nightmare of Viktor returning to piltoverfor...he couldn't remember what the lunatic had come for a second time, but he had beaten Jayce with some form of poison. So he had been up since early morning looking for a solution. He thought he might've found one and had written a rough sketch of an armored suit on a multiple papers scattered around the shop.

When he heard the knocks, his head seemed to pop up from the junk pile before crawling out. He was actually properly dressed for what he was doing, loose dirty pants and a paint and oil-stained shirt. He came to the door and opened it. "Thank you for choosing Jayce Techmatur-" He finally realised who was at his door and jerked up from his slouch. "Oh! Sivir! I- I didn't expect- please, please, come in!"

He stepped aside then grimaced out of her sight. Oh, the place is a mess... Along the edge of the main room were bits of old papers, a few wrecked machines and bots.along one wall were pictures and notes. Mort prominant was his Certificate of Graduation from one of Piltover's finest Techmaturgical schools. Next to it was a photo of his family, a little Jayce on a large, barrel-chested man's shoulders. The man wore the same suit that Jayce wore on the Fields and when serving as the Defender of Piltover.

"Er..sorry for the mess..."
"Hmmm? Oh, no need to apologize. It's just... unusual compared to the softness... of the sands." She said looking about before handing him a gift that was wrapped in a paper bag. "Here, I know you would never want to leave Piltover for a vacation and all, so I brought a little Shurima with me for you." She said as she gave him what felt like a jar that had a bit of weight to it when she tossed it to him. When he looked in the paper bag he would find a sand filled, tightly sealed jar.

"On my way here, I noticed everyone more so fully clothed. I'll take a guess that it gets cold up here from occasion?" She looked to the poster of the man that wore Jayces outfit. "Who is that man wearing your outfit?" She seemed intrigued to learn more as she was out of her city-state. It was clear she rarely got out. When Jayce would look at her, he'd noticed she had no speak of sand on her. She turned to looked Jayce in the eyes, her viridian eyes looking for answers. Her eyes had the appeal of a a forest in a desert.

JayceTheDefender

09-23-2014

Jayce pulled the jar of sand out of the bad and look it over, shaking it a bit before setting it on a clear part of the counter. He looked up and recognized what he had heard about with Sivir. Her eyes were exotic in Piltover, and he knew several old roommates that could get lost in them. Maybe he could've gotten lost in them too once. But now...

He smiled and turned to look behind him at the photo. "Oh that!" He pulled the photo from the wall with a big grin. "This is my Grandpa. The suit-" he nodded to the one clear corner of his place, his hammer and suit on a rack and hung up. Both were kept cleaned and the area was organized around them. "- was his Screaming Yipsnakes uniform. They're Piltover's Elite Pilots." His pride was evident in his grandfather. "He said I'd grow into his uniform. Guess he was right." From this angle, Sivir would be able to see some of the machinery within the suit itself, solving the possible puzzle of the fact that he seemed more buff on the Fields.

Remembering her question on clothing, he changed the conversation. "The weather is pretty balanced, doesn't change too much, but its usually on the colder side." He looked to her a bit concerned. "Do you think you'll need warmer clothes?"