How do you counter Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

jungle ganks counter him. he has 0 ability to get away from bad situations other than summoner spells.

LolnItUp

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
jungle ganks counter him. he has 0 ability to get away from bad situations other than summoner spells.
His R is his way out of ganks

Engrish

07-01-2012

I agree with Capricious, most Darius's (but not all) are cocky. Darius's love to push and be in the front lines dealing damage. Thus in the early game, you turret hug and wait for your Jungler to come and kick his butt. Darius doesn't really have an escape method and if that Darius has pushed to your side then he's as good as dead.

Anyone ranged would counter Darius very well. Mainly try to deny his last-hits by harrassing him when he goes to the minion line. Pretty much, I don't fear Darius. I never fight a decent Darius 1v1. I simply lure him in (because he thinks he can chop off my head) and destroy him with my team. Darius's are easily lured in because they want to get in range of their Apprehend. Once they Apprehend you they'll unleash everything and kill you. Simply lure/kite them.

DanteTheMad

07-01-2012

ive played trundle against darrius and he isnt so bad fighting him

Ithrowrocksatchi

09-16-2012

I personally (in my opinion) think fizz is a good darius counter, and hear me out on this one.... Fizz's early game is bad but his E then Q combo will whittle down darius and then if he tries to apprehend use E to get out of the way and rinse and repeat. I've killed so many darius's using that combo and when fizz hits 6 he can ult daruis with his 1:1 scale ap to knock him airbrone and more damage. well thats my opinion

The Skesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Its called building right and playing smart. " I can't beat darius he is so op!" Then the said person has 15 cs 11 minutes into the game and is building berserk grieves and phantom dancer as items, yeah no **** they lose the lane. Most people are just bad, play with 2000+ elo ( not saying I am) and they'll tell you darius isn't a 100% win lane.

Best BeatwiferNA

09-16-2012

if i catch a darius in draft or ranked, i usually play riven. as was stated before, its all about avoiding, or negating his damage. riven can do both. goad his q and e away. or in if you feel like trading. cc destroys darius, and having any form of shield or damage reduction makes a big difference. then it comes down to build. with riven, i'll build ninja tabai, then either madreds --> wriggles for a losing lane, or double dorans for a winning lane. after that, its normal riven game. build bloodthirster, g/a, win game.

the most important part about laning against a darius, is that if you beat him, dont let him catch up. call your mia's, follow him when he tries to gank, etc. its ignorantly easy for darius to pick up kills, so you HAVE to follow, and kill him before he kills team mates.

Enfillyon

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishaNigaWould View Post
if i catch a darius in draft or ranked, i usually play riven. as was stated before, its all about avoiding, or negating his damage. riven can do both. goad his q and e away. or in if you feel like trading. cc destroys darius, and having any form of shield or damage reduction makes a big difference. then it comes down to build. with riven, i'll build ninja tabai, then either madreds --> wriggles for a losing lane, or double dorans for a winning lane. after that, its normal riven game. build bloodthirster, g/a, win game.

the most important part about laning against a darius, is that if you beat him, dont let him catch up. call your mia's, follow him when he tries to gank, etc. its ignorantly easy for darius to pick up kills, so you HAVE to follow, and kill him before he kills team mates.
This matchup seems questionable. I played this as darius and while I agree that riven will outrade you, that seems highly dependant on how passive darius is in the first couple of levels when neither have all of their abilities leveled yet.

I say darius because without rivens full combo its very easy to predict what she'll do

As the lane dragged I could see the potential for riven to just beat darius, however I got off good damage the first two levels and just kept hammering her with them until I drew fb. I didnt even need to kill her to get lane dominance, I just saw the combo coming and reacted accordingly.

Riven wasnt bad either, we were of equal skill, just that the early couple levels make a huge impact on how the winner of that lane is decided. keep in mind neither of our junglers helped us so it was pretty isolated.