Ad carry having problems against nunu or malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS160010b410b359cb05642

09-11-2012

Hi,

I am having trouble as AD carry if enemy team has nunu or malphite as support. As I am playing in low elos(1200-1300), my support doesnt usually protect me from Nunu-s snowballs or Malphite-s slow. And if they spam it all the time agressively, then I am having trouble keeping up with CS. What should I do if I lane with Blitz or something like that?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Nunu often need to walk pass minions to iceball you, aka you should have time to auto attack him once and use a skill, that will quickly either force him to play passive for health to come back up, or consume minions, which in result will push the lane to the turret and those problem won't exist

Malphite support drain mana even faster than nunu...you probably just need 2 health potion and he will become a useless rock...
(best solution: get a support with some sustain, the healing cost way less than the poking rock most of the time)

Lord Puppy Fury

09-11-2012

Nunu's snowballs hurt but don't have crazy range. If you just keep shifting out of his range and poking him back he won't be able to do much. And when I say shift, I don't mean back up and zone yourself out. Rotate around the minions. Soraka is one of the best supports to counter Nunu since her silence has much longer range. If Nunu steps up to harass, she can silence him and leave him way over extended.

And with Malphite, when he hits 6, expect him to want to use his ult so back it up and play safe.

IS160010b410b359cb05642

09-15-2012

Thanks that helped.

The other thing I am having difficulty is teamwork with my support. I am usually just as good as the enemy AD in my elo. Usually in 13 minutes I am ahead 10 cs or behind 10cs. But it comes down to the teamwork with my support. If my support is agressive and spams I usually win the lane. If my support is passive and positions himself behind me then I usually tend to loose the lane.

How should I play with passive support or when my support doesnt do as much poking as the enemy support? Where should I position? Should I let them push to the turrat? I can trade ok with enemy AD, but if enemy support starts to poke me also, then I am in trouble. Especially if I(ezreal) lane with Janna (no heal). Have played some games where Janna has been my support and lost the lane. Is Janna bad support for ezreal?

Lord Puppy Fury

09-15-2012

While Sona and Ezreal is the best combo and possibly one of the best bot lanes, Ezreal goes well with just about anyone. But, you need to be able to adapt your play style to the type of lane you're in.

Ez loves a kill lane and so goes nicely with any of the aggressive supports. Soraka and Ezreal is a strong lane, but the Ezreal player needs to be able to effectively 1v2 the lane. With Soraka's infinite mana, Ezreal should be spamming W and Q when he can land it on the enemy team. All the while, he needs to be farming hard since he probably won't get those early kills in this lane.

Janna is an extremely strong but difficult support. What she lacks in heal she should make up for in popping shields to absorb incoming damage. Because the shield also gives an AD boost, the ADC should take advantage of that to trade some extra damage. Janna and Ezreal is sort of the same lane as Soraka except this time Ez can't be as skill spammy, but Janna should be planting some whirlwinds too to keep up the harass.

Because you can never guarantee the skill level of your support, you do need to learn how to hold the lane on your own. Yes, you can do it. Ezreal in particular is one of the best for doing it in my opinion. I've actually taken him solo top 1v2 a couple of times and won the lane. By becoming independent, you won't be beholden to the skill level of your support. Plus, you'll make your lane stronger over all since you won't have a problem if the support has to go back for wards or break off to help mid or the jungler.

You also need to assess your lane versus their lane. If they have a kill lane and you have a farm lane, you need to play defensively. If they have a hyper-carry like Kog or Vayne you want to be smart about trading with them since, while weak early, they can wreck your whole team if allowed to get fed. Bot lane is the easiest lane to play but the hardest lane to play well since there's so much math and snap judgments involved in that lane. Learning to better size up advantages vs disadvantages really helps.

IS160010b410b359cb05642

09-16-2012

Thank you Lord Puppy Fury. Very useful tips. Now i know what to keep in mind when playing.
Are there any good posts that give detailed points what to do when laning with cerain champs? Something as detailed and concrete as the posts above!
They all been really helpful. Thank you so much finding time to help me.