So who started this Revive thing?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
EUW forums use a different date format DD-MM-YYYY.

It's not quite a year old... sorry, my reply was misleading
We use that date format quite often in biology, depending on where you're working. It REALLY screws with people, because I forget and put it on checks. :P

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

it becomes widely used in 1900-2k dominion elo ranges

at those elos and higher, revive is an absolute must have. you'll also see garrison is a required summoner spell for most games / comps
sauron & his team and other competitive teams started the craze imo

TCWA Tigerbite

07-05-2012

I still use flash. :|
Every game.
Haven't played Summoner's Rift since November...
I must be a newb >_<

WaterD103

07-06-2012

I started seeing it very early on, and there was a division, people claiming it was op and people that not. I was convinced it was op after playing against ravenite team, but i thought at the time you had to run 3/4 instead of 5. But in EU started to get 5 revives, I posted the link to their tournaments in forums and then everybody finally moved from 1/2 revives to 5 revives everygame. I think it was obviously from the start how good it was, but it was not until EU showed that is that good, that it become accepted in NA. At least that is my vision of how things transpired.

LadysKnight

07-07-2012

The moment I used revive and got the speed boost, I was locked. Revive every game without fail. If more people would just try it at lower levels, they would understand that they can have their little ghost but also not be dead and get a free giant's belt

Slivyrr

07-07-2012

I still prefer ghost/flash just because of the cooldowns. A lot of people seem unaware as to how to use these spells.

I use flash almost exclusively as an offensive ability. If you have a gap-close, you now have two, and if you don't, now you have one. Using it as an escape is only worthwhile if you react fast enough to vault over a wall and get out of a fight, juke an enemy at full health, or escape a fight and use relics to heal up while defending the point.

Ghost provides me with the similar utility, and is amazing on ranged carries and rushing the top point before the other team can get there. It's impossible to argue that revive should replace ghost. With 4v4 at top, it's almost guaranteed that a team with ghost vs a team without it will get at least half of the point captured with three people before the enemy team arrives and counters. The mid will also arrive faster and potentially turn the fight into a 3v4 before the fourth member on the revive side gets there. Even with revive used by the opposing team, it still takes a solid 10 seconds to return back to the top point, which can easily mean that by then the point was captured, or you'd be diving a team with the numbers against you. Three foes at 1/3 hp, which are probably higher level, too, are still going to destroy anyone with full hp of a similar level.

Essentially, revive just allows people to dive enemy teams/turrets faster than before. If someone defending the point makes a self-sacrificial defensive play to countercap, the team with ghost will be capable of going b and returning to at least either keep the point captured, or countercap the point if it was neutralized.

Revive isn't better or worse than Ghost/Flash. It just comes down to who's using them. Those who pick Ghost/Flash on SR use them defensively, and it just doesn't work on Dominion.

Soul of Infirc

10-21-2013

i know nis necromancy but well it deserves a bump..for historical keepsake