So who started this Revive thing?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Princess Freaddy

06-29-2012

I play alot of Dominion games, and I'm pretty sure not many people used Revive as their summoner spell few months ago. So who started this revive thing? There is not one game where I don't see people pick revive anymore.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Sauron would say his team popularized it. A few people, myself included, latched onto it when Dominion first came out. Strangely, at my ELO I still hardly see it used at all.

Psi21

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Freaddy View Post
I play alot of Dominion games, and I'm pretty sure not many people used Revive as their summoner spell few months ago. So who started this revive thing? There is not one game where I don't see people pick revive anymore.
It just makes more sense...

Are you going to flash over a wall to live only to port back heal up and waste 10 to 12 seconds doing that... only to flash maybe 4 to five times in the entire game?

Or are you going to revive, get the HP boost, speed boost, be full hp and be able to revive possible 3 times in the game?

When I see flash over revive on a summoner in dominion ... I know they are just a player from Summoners Rift looking for a change...

Sauron

06-29-2012

Point Defense started it for NA when NESL started streaming the tournies we were spamming it in. Can't say where it began on EU's servers, though.

aToasterStrudel

06-30-2012

I don't know I tried it out in beta and liked it so I have basically used it ever since. The thing is stupid strong and really is a problem though for dominion.

I mean how many SS let you play like an idiot on purpose just so you can revive, then comeback and smoke them.

Xavderion

06-30-2012

The answer is always Pooters.

MyDeadGrandma

06-30-2012

It became the natural choice when
1: Having clutch globals/windmill fights/bot lane gank insurance was invaluable.
2. Flash can't get you over many walls, they put a softcap on movement speed early on dom release, meaning ghost isn't worth jack once you take the speed boosts on teh map into account.

Quote:
I mean how many SS let you play like an idiot on purpose just so you can revive, then comeback and smoke them.
Still waiting on the day flash is removed from SR/turned into an item/given a combat activation penalty.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

i did ,for my self
because i can think for my self and don't copie high elo streams

Ms Annie Hastur

06-30-2012

It's good to avoid aces if you have it at the time, too. I tend to, if I dont immediately use it and my ghost back to topto help clear up the left overs with extra hp within 3 seconds of my death, save it for whenever I need it/we need d fast and everyone is either dead or too far away.

MMKH

06-30-2012

Before it became the meta and before the speed boost got nerfed, I used to run it on AP/CDR Zilean in solo queue and called him "messiah Zilean". Always revive never die.