[Guide] How to Destroy People By Shooting Water - A guide to Tristana.

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

09-03-2010

Great guide bro. Spot on.

PineapplePine

09-03-2010

I did not read the guide but +1 for the name. I suppose I don't provide constructive feedback. But having a good guide name attract people to read. So good job on that!!!

MitchPT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2010

do u prefer seals of clarity (+0.08 mana regen per lvl 1.44 at 18) or seals of replenishment (+0.32 mana regen)?

kingkabong

09-03-2010

Good stuff, thanks! I'm loving Tristana!

Leirkov

09-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Great guide bro. Spot on.
Thanks a ton man, love your Nasus guide, really got me going with him, he's a very fun champion to play. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePine View Post
I did not read the guide but +1 for the name. I suppose I don't provide constructive feedback. But having a good guide name attract people to read. So good job on that!!!
Just cause I have Firefighter Tristana, I had to throw it in the title xD. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPT View Post
do u prefer seals of clarity (+0.08 mana regen per lvl 1.44 at 18) or seals of replenishment (+0.32 mana regen)?
Mana regen per level outdoes flat m/5 at level 5, so definitely pick up per level. I'll have to make that more clear, thanks for bringing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkabong View Post
Good stuff, thanks! I'm loving Tristana!
Thanks! Glad you were interested. :]

Leirkov

09-04-2010

/shamelessbump

Volkner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-04-2010

Awesome guide, thanks for the bit on Doran's Blade vs. Shield.

Anyway, I have a bit that may or may not be worth adding to this. So the other day, I ult'ed an ulting Karthus as Tristana ("Oh, you *****" is what he said afterward). It canceled his ult, iirc. I recommend adding that to the Tips/Tricks section, along with a list of heroes it may be worth saving a Trist ult for. (I imagine Karthus if he's in range, usually not likely, along with Kat, Nunu, and Fiddle, I guess).

Have you ever used Trist's ult on an ulting Nunu? I heard a friend say he displaced Nunu as Janna once, but that didn't stop Nunu from channeling - he just completed the channel in a different location.

AMonkeyCourier

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
Doran's Blade makes it easier to last hit. Honestly, I've used Doran's Blade way too much.

HotshotGG makes note of this in a really old livestream he did - he took Doran's Shield on Xin Zhao and he missed so many last hits by the 1-4 damage he's missing from blade.

This is why I prefer it. It's just easier last hits and a little bit of damage never hurt.

If you're getting denied as Trist, you're bad. Unless it's someone like Anivia/Zilean, Doran's Shield still won't help since you can be dove and such.
HotshotGG just needs to practise, then. Appealing to authority is not a valid argument.

My use of the word "deny" is synonumous with the DotA definition. The ONLY reason for taking attack damage during the laning phase in DotA is to out-last hit the enemies since, if they have higher base damage, they will get every single last hti and deny if they don't mess up. The same applies here but, with no denying, it is simply pointless to take attack damage as your laning item full-stop.

All you need is to have a bit of last-hitting discipline. I see it among DotA and HoN players buy LoL players seem to jump at every chance to be allowed to be lazy even it the opportunity cost is as high as taking sword over shield.

Leirkov

09-04-2010

@Volker: Good idea, thanks! It works on just about every channel, IIRC. I've saved my team multiple times from Katarina/Nunu, I didn't think of Karthus, I'll add that in.

@Monkey: You do realize Hotshot is one of the best players in LoL? He's VERY good at last hitting. I wouldn't doubt it if most high ELO players would agree - Blade = easier time to last hit. Think of how much higher your CS would be if you have so many ways to last hit. Explosive Shot's last hit passive, more damage to last hit faster = clear creeps faster to press the opponent. (Though this is sometimes bad, specifically when they have a stealther or jungler, which is ALWAYS common in high ELO play.)

I never played HoN or LoL, but I'd rather hit my opponent with 53 attacks rather than 49, while having to watch last hits in the 50s rather than wait for them to be in the 40s. It's my preference. I used to be an avid Shield user, and it works on specific champions that love AD (most mid characters as a whole...) so they can't hurt you but it's not gonna stop them from hurting you, so do more damage than they can. You're Tristana, you do DoT damage. You don't have skillshots where hiding behind the minions negates your 100 damage potential. Or an AoE cone effect where again, standing behind minions negates the damage you can deal.

AMonkeyCourier

09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
@Monkey: You do realize Hotshot is one of the best players in LoL? He's VERY good at last hitting. I wouldn't doubt it if most high ELO players would agree - Blade = easier time to last hit. Think of how much higher your CS would be if you have so many ways to last hit. Explosive Shot's last hit passive, more damage to last hit faster = clear creeps faster to press the opponent. (Though this is sometimes bad, specifically when they have a stealther or jungler, which is ALWAYS common in high ELO play.)

I never played HoN or LoL, but I'd rather hit my opponent with 53 attacks rather than 49, while having to watch last hits in the 50s rather than wait for them to be in the 40s. It's my preference. I used to be an avid Shield user, and it works on specific champions that love AD (most mid characters as a whole...) so they can't hurt you but it's not gonna stop them from hurting you, so do more damage than they can. You're Tristana, you do DoT damage. You don't have skillshots where hiding behind the minions negates your 100 damage potential. Or an AoE cone effect where again, standing behind minions negates the damage you can deal.
I am fully capable of getting every single last hit in lane, bar maybe one or two throughout the entire laning phase, if I'm not being denied. This comes from practise. In your previous argument, you had failed to actually address my argument. I'd like you to do it here. Bar a lack of discipline, what is stopping you from getting every last hit as long as you hit for higher than the creeps?

1234567 ... 13