[Guide] How to Destroy People By Shooting Water - A guide to Tristana.

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

09-01-2010

Bump.

Shameless self plug.

Dacovind

09-01-2010

So look at this, I was wondering where that faceraper guide went.

Leirkov

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacovind View Post
So look at this, I was wondering where that faceraper guide went.
This one is much better than my old Faceraper guide. Hopefully you think this is better because I like it a lot more, xD.

Dacovind

09-02-2010

It's a lot better written from what I remember of faceraper. Gonna keep it in mind when I'm forced to play a dps carry in ranked/normal.

EffectstheField

09-02-2010

what build would u got for TT where the games are typically decided in 20-30 mins? I find Trist to be too under powered in pvp in TT until IE+phantom+Last Whisper (for armor pen). are finshed. But by then champs that excels early such as garen already maxed while i'm prolli 12-14 still trying to farm gold and get exp.

AMonkeyCourier

09-02-2010

If you can't last hit without Doran's Sword, you shouldn't be writing guides. The opponent can't deny in this game. What good is more autoattack damage when your opponent can't deny? The sword is just a crutch while the shield actually provides armour and regen that adds up when combined with Trist's range and escape ability.

Leirkov

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
If you can't last hit without Doran's Sword, you shouldn't be writing guides. The opponent can't deny in this game. What good is more autoattack damage when your opponent can't deny? The sword is just a crutch while the shield actually provides armour and regen that adds up when combined with Trist's range and escape ability.
Doran's Blade makes it easier to last hit. Honestly, I've used Doran's Blade way too much.

HotshotGG makes note of this in a really old livestream he did - he took Doran's Shield on Xin Zhao and he missed so many last hits by the 1-4 damage he's missing from blade.

This is why I prefer it. It's just easier last hits and a little bit of damage never hurt.

If you're getting denied as Trist, you're bad. Unless it's someone like Anivia/Zilean, Doran's Shield still won't help since you can be dove and such.

Bucky Robinson

09-02-2010

i like this guide and will definitely try it out (i don't go throwing that around like its nothing, so you did a good job here. XD). the only thing i have to say is my build. which is basically more crit-centric taking full advantage of the infinity edge. i normally end games with ghostblade, boots, IE, and then phage. if it went on longer, i'd finish the frozen mallet then probably get atma's and then veil. with my build her lane presence isnt nearly as potent, but i feel her mid game is when this build is best. she just completely wrecks faces as she pops her Q, her ghostblade, and then crits 50% of the time for 600 damage on their squishies, 2-shotting them. your build is definitely much better early and late game, though. by far.

Leirkov

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle007 View Post
i like this guide and will definitely try it out (i don't go throwing that around like its nothing, so you did a good job here. XD). the only thing i have to say is my build. which is basically more crit-centric taking full advantage of the infinity edge. i normally end games with ghostblade, boots, IE, and then phage. if it went on longer, i'd finish the frozen mallet then probably get atma's and then veil. with my build her lane presence isnt nearly as potent, but i feel her mid game is when this build is best. she just completely wrecks faces as she pops her Q, her ghostblade, and then crits 50% of the time for 600 damage on their squishies, 2-shotting them. your build is definitely much better early and late game, though. by far.
It depends. I think Infinity + Green pot is enough crit. If I honestly want more? I can build a Ghostblade, it's not a bad option (I think combined with max Q at level 18 you will be at the cap with the Active?)

With your build, if you're rushing Ghostblade, it's not a bad idea, but your damage is ticklish. This is why most DPS carries just rush Infinity. It is hands down the best DPS item in the game. Brutalizer's armor pen is great and all, but penetrating armor means nothing if your damage is just flat out bad. I have had Tristana's rush 2 Zeals, then start building an Avarice Blade. By 40 minutes they had no IE. I asked them what they were doing and they had no answer. You want your damage as fast as possible, because most games end 25-35 minutes in. If you don't deal a significant amount of damage, nobody will bother looking at you.

You could potentially switch IE and Ghostblade in priority order. Your game overall would be quite strong. As long as you're focusing on damage as fast as possible with survivability, you'll be fine.

With Infinity, you crit for about 560ish if you use my build and style specifically. You can add more deepz by getting items, or evaluate the situation. That's really the basis of my build. Get the rush of Infinity and figure out what's going on from there. If people are starting to bulk up after IE, then I'll make a Bloodrazor. If I'm doing fine I'll do my normal build. If I die a lot, get a Frozen Mallet. This works as a triple benefit for survivability, kiting, and chasing.

Kung fu Crip

09-02-2010

I enjoyed ur guide very nice, neat and detailed. i made a thread today, though not nearly as good as yours. plz check it out. i main trist and ****ing love her. played so many games with her! one big problem is that when i need MR or armor, i ignore it. not all the time tho, but sometimes i get obsessed with AD mass. my thread is right above urs "tristana build very fun"

12345612 ... 13