[Guide] How to Destroy People By Shooting Water - A guide to Tristana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingman182

01-09-2011

What I've been playing around with now that LW is gone, I'll get a PD then a LW. The PD really kicks ass combined with the IE, then the LW is the frosting on the cake. LW is now very situational for me though.

If they have a massively tanky team (which I've been seeing more and more) then I'll go IE then Madreds, LW, then PD. I've been playing around with going a blood instead of PD, since it almost seems like too much attackspeed, but again, the crit (52%) means I'm critting every other attack, which is awesome.

One thing, I was trying an alternate start that got me facerolled everytime and I finally agree with leirkov. Starting with a vamp is a HORRIBLE idea, unless your pub stomping. I've gotten it to work for me the way I want to maybe 2 out of every 10 games, and otherwise I just end up getting a dorans anyway, making it moot.

I've noticed that it almost seems like trist loses some of her effectiveness against a team thats 4+ tanks. Sure, madreds is good, but MR seems to shut it down.

EDIT: Plus, with vamps, you have to auto to recover health, pushing the lane and making it impossible to smash your combo on them (RJ, explosive, Ignite, ult) and many times, that combo wrecks who ever you hit it with, if you g et them down to about 3/4-1/2 life.

AutomobileX

01-15-2011

I find Boots Infinitys Edge and Phantom Dancer really does the trick, the attack speed and the crit chance from PD helps us do insane amounts of crit damage. Of course after this I always get a bloodthirster for higher base damage and then some defensive items.

ETamir

02-10-2011

i started playing trish 3days ago. and really hooked up... nice lane presence and solid lategame. do u always perfer LW? but my build is IE + brutalizer(youmummy)+ Bloodthirstier... and i feel it help more than LW...

IronSight

02-12-2011

Nice guide, I'll stop jumping into teams of 5s :P COMMON SENSE MOAR PLZ

Leirkov

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrategyFail View Post
I find Boots Infinitys Edge and Phantom Dancer really does the trick, the attack speed and the crit chance from PD helps us do insane amounts of crit damage. Of course after this I always get a bloodthirster for higher base damage and then some defensive items.
IE + LW is still a lethal pairing. Trist is best to utilize this combo because she already has an AS boost (along with MF). Someone like Ashe will need the Zeal to keep up with the DPS they already possess.

Mistea

07-12-2011

nice guide.
videos or replays?

Lorifel

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
IE + LW is still a lethal pairing.
It surely is. But from what I've got in my calculations it is not the best in terms of DPS until people get 120-200 armour, so LW is more of a lategame choice.
After building IE I would recommend PD (if you want the increased mobility) or SotD (if you are smart enough not to forget to activate it after using your Q - the 30 ArmPen means tons of damage) as your second DPS item.

Let's look at the actual DPS for a 18 lvl Trist with Doran's Blade, Zerker's and IE.
Level 5 Q is activated (90% AS).
Target: 70 armour and 50 MR

Let's see how much additional DPS5/gold we get from different items:

SotD (with active) - 422
Last Whisper - 288
Phantom Dancer - 277
SotD (inactive) - 244

Semi-tanky target: 120 armour and 100 MR

SotD (with active) - 288
Last Whisper - 272
Phantom Dancer - 214
SotD (inactive) - 186

Same calculations, but this time Trist has her Q on cooldown:
1-st target: 70 armour and 50 MR

SotD (with active) - 347
Phantom Dancer - 226
SotD (inactive) - 219
Last Whisper - 191

Semi-tanky target: 120 armour and 100 MR

SotD (with active) - 241
Last Whisper - 180
Phantom Dancer - 175
SotD (inactive) - 167

And before making your decision don't forget that with Phantom Dancer you get a movespeed bonus as well.

Faskit

4 Weeks Ago

ok so i just started playing and your guide has given me a few interesting weapon/item ideas.... i've been bumping MD a little to help mass clear with W,E, Auto and getting fairly good at it.. but nowhere in any build do i see Nomad's..... is it really that useless or am i missing something?