[Guide] How to Destroy People By Shooting Water - A guide to Tristana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

10-23-2010

Slightly updated again, hope it looks better.

80kidz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Just want your input about rushing a bloodrazor before IE, which do you think is best and why? It's always been on my mind that both could work and BR would be better cause it's separated into cheaper parts and it's slightly cheaper. I think getting IE first is more like a hit or miss, you either get it before ~20 minutes or bust.

Also, what is your take on stacking Doran's blades?

eNamorD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80kidz View Post
Just want your input about rushing a bloodrazor before IE, which do you think is best and why? It's always been on my mind that both could work and BR would be better cause it's separated into cheaper parts and it's slightly cheaper. I think getting IE first is more like a hit or miss, you either get it before ~20 minutes or bust.

Also, what is your take on stacking Doran's blades?
I don't know what Leirkov would say, but personally I think that taking Bloodrazor before IE is fine if the other team has a lot of tanks (let's say three or more). The passive works great against tanky characters and gives you more of an edge. The fact that BR is cheaper is just another good reason to get it first.

I'd have to say that the individual BR parts aren't all that great though. Madred's Razor is great for farming, but not good for much else, and recurve bow might give you attack speed, but you're still not doing all that much damage early game. The BF sword you get for Infinity Edge just does a whole lot more for Tristana in the early game.

Still, if you're still in the farming stage, Madred's Razor is a nice item to have as you're building Bloodrazor.

As for what Leirkov thinks of Doran's Blade, this was taken from his guide in regards to what to buy on the first trip home:

Quote:
If I can't afford a Pickaxe for some reason: More Doran's Blades. Better than nothing.
I'd interpret that as "Get better items if you can afford it, but go Doran's if you can't."

Leirkov

10-24-2010

Any item other than a BF Sword item first is bad.

You will do pitiful damage. Yeah the BR is a great proc but that's saved for Koggy who can do like 10% of your HP. Trist is reliant on getting her damage as fast as possible to be effective. She's in the middle of hard carry. She's not a Trynd hard carry but she really needs those items to be good. Not saying BR is bad, but yes if there is a tanky team you will need to get it. Usually after IE.

If you want to build a BR (I've faced those dumb gimmick teams before.. sucks), just get a razor to make laning as easy as possible, then focus immediately on getting your BF and stuff for IE. IE is more important so shoot for the BF Sword then Razor.

And yes, Doran's Stacking is viable. Love it, live it, abuse it, and do it often. It'll help you win your lane if you're struggling.

Euroteres

10-26-2010

Congrats on having your guide added to the official compendium of guides. Now you never need worry that your great guide will fall into the abyss of the forums.

Leirkov

10-31-2010

aw yeah

Dunno when it happened but thank you for getting my guide in.

filoufil

Recruiter

11-02-2010

Thanks for the guide, really helpful

Parasamgate

11-05-2010

Thanks for the guide. It expanded my mind when playing Tris, cause I never thought about health runes on her, but it worked very well.

I played Tris a lot and completely agree with you about BF sword. It's simply the best first (or second) item to get, so it's very important to rush it.

The problem with your guide imo is that Tris still too much dependent of a tanker, and lack some attack speed.

I'l try some variations regarding more attack speed and check if that problem vanishes.

Leirkov

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasamgate View Post
Thanks for the guide. It expanded my mind when playing Tris, cause I never thought about health runes on her, but it worked very well.

I played Tris a lot and completely agree with you about BF sword. It's simply the best first (or second) item to get, so it's very important to rush it.

The problem with your guide imo is that Tris still too much dependent of a tanker, and lack some attack speed.

I'l try some variations regarding more attack speed and check if that problem vanishes.
Your main source of damage output is going to be when you press Q, you really don't need to go crazy with attack speed.

Caidos

11-05-2010

Just wanted to say this guide got me playing Tristana. I wasn't exactly a fan, but when I was looking for new heroes to try out this week and saw Tristana was free, I figured I'd give her a shot, and came across your guide. It's insane the amount of havoc she can bring to a fight.

I wanted to ask though, would The Black Cleaver be a possibility somewhere down the line of items to buy? Obviously it would come after IE, but I figured combing the armor penetration you're already doing, plus reducing the targets armor by up to 60, AND getting an extra 75 damage for higher crits, it seems like a good deal.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Oh, and any tips you have on soloing/fighting LeBlanc would be nice. I went up against her mid recently, and she managed be doing 1500 DPS in less than three seconds by the end of the match.