Gamrs.net Tournament is disgustingly unorganized

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Francis

06-29-2012

http://www.gamrs.net/forum/showthrea...AMENT-SCHEDULE

Gamrs.net Admin posted this 12 AM on the day of the tournament entailing the entire tournament information that we needed before. The tournament information states that we can decide whether or not the matches are played Friday and Saturday, while before, the tournament organizers only put out the fact that matches are starting Friday.

We had a player sleep-deprived, leaving work early to play and they're saying we don't need to play today. The website is disorganized and the admins don't respond. It's been 2hours since this post has started and we have not played a single match that should have started an hour ago.

Excuse me Gamrs.net, Wtf?

Official:

NyanYuki (1:41): What is happening
***add my via skype so we can talk about it before my actual manager ****s bricks on this mess.
***FrancisN9
vVenomVv (1:43): what's your team name
NyanYuki (1:43): Team Infamous
*** (1:45): Hello??
vVenomVv (1:46): yes one moment
NyanYuki (1:53): Hello, there's no one moment here
***we already waited
***1 hour and 53 minutes
***for this tournament
*** (1:57): Hello??
vVenomVv (2:00): there are teams finishing their games. im sorry for the long wait.
NyanYuki (2:00): No sorry, call me on skype
***figure this **** out with me so I can have my story straight
***What's your skype so we can talk
vVenomVv (2:01): your supposed tyo be playing "the monocle show"
NyanYuki (2:01): no more ignoring people who you're supposed to cater to
***Call me and I can figure out the **** that just happened?
***You're an organization act like one and take up my call.

Kyuubey

06-29-2012

You're gonna need to go to GD if you want proper outrage over this.
By the way, get me some popcorn before you post it?

IzzyCasillasJr

06-29-2012

I would like to apologize for today we had about 5 staff members available today, they were all busy with 164 teams. We made a flexible schedule so all teams could participate today or tomorrow, the brackets will be fixed for tomorrow and all teams without a full roster will be deleted. We apologize for everything that happened today, we are low on staff and handling every team takes a long time. Today was not mandatory and was a test run, tomorrow will go alot smoother.

Freakooo

06-29-2012

The sign ups for the tournament are closed right?

IzzyCasillasJr

06-29-2012

yes the tournament had 3 weeks it was full, i just deleted all teams without full rosters and duplicate teams there are now 72 teams, the schedule has also been updated and the tournament will continue as planned,

http://www.gamrs.net/forum/showthrea...&p=186#post186

Yesterday was again a bad day for the tournament we have learned from our mistake and it won't happen again.

Barshank

06-30-2012

Gamrs.net employees:

enemy team was a no- show, so one of you admins decided instead of giving us the win cause they NS, you placed us up against a completely random team that wasn't even in our bracket that happened to be 2200elo players...How is this fair?

IzzyCasillasJr

06-30-2012

what was your team name? what we did yesterday was ask all teams if they wanted to play yesterday, if your team said yes we added you to a seperate bracket that we created on our computers. Yesterdays matches were all randomized.

IzzyCasillasJr

06-30-2012

Brackets are fixed, teams without a full roster have been deleted, check-in is in 20 min. If our team is still participating in the tournament make sure your online in 20 min.

Francis

06-30-2012

Team name was team Infamous and I was messaged "what is your team name" several times. That was gist of the conversation with admins. Why would you, as an admin, Izzy, post the entire tournament schedule the day of the tournament?

IzzyCasillasJr

06-30-2012

I posted it the day before, and the schedule that i reposted today hasn't been changed all i did was delete the friday schedule from it. We are contacting all teams and its hard to remember everyone's team. If you would like to participate still add IzzyCasillasJr and i will find you a match if not go ahead and tell me and i will delete your team.