Akali runes question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnspunReality

08-31-2010

Ok, I read that amazing Akali guide on leaguecraft and I've sorta built her in the direction of the recommended runes. I'm currently boned for IP so Ive been messing around with some different ones to fill gaps. So far I have

Marks - 9x Mpen
Quints - 2x Strength, 1x Fort(HP)

Now here is my problem. I don't have AP runes or flat HP for the other slots. So I decided to give her my tank book, Armor yellow, mr blue. And in my games I played her in I found it worked nice.

The question. Would changing the runes make that big a difference for her? Would the AP in blues make that much of a damage difference? HP in yellows help out more then armor? I go 9/21/0 with her.

Extraxi

08-31-2010

I have my runes set that I activate her AP passive at game start, allowing me to build the survivability that she needs while still dealing crazy damage in the earlygame.

aiNpeace

08-31-2010

My Akali rune book

9x magic pen marks
9x dodge seals
9x AP/18 glyphs
1xQuint strenth
2xQuint magic pen

xpsychedelico

08-31-2010

Some survivability is always nice, considering Akali's Shroud is easily countered by oracles and AOE spells.

I personally run:
Mpen Marks
Dodge Seals
Magic resist Glyphs
1x Quint Strength
2x Quint Fortitude

I also like jungling with her with this runepage and run around ganking successfully. So yeah, it really isn't a problem if you don't get AP runes. For masteries I run 21/0/9, so your Akali is already pretty strong with 21 defense masteries + defense runes. You might just want to switch to 21/0/9.

Shot

08-31-2010

I go:
8x Magic Pen Marks and 1x Attack Dmg per level
9x Dodge Seals
8xCooldown Glyphs and 1x Attack Damage per level (You can also get M.Resist per level or AP per level)
3x Strength quints

For masteries I go: 21/9/0

-For Offense you can put the points in basically whatever you want but you MUST MAX Brute Force to give you another 3 attack damage.
-For Defense evasion and nimbleness.

I end up starting with an amplyfying tone because ill have both passives activated at level 1 ( or 2 cause you might need to level even though it says 10 added damage)