Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouthPaw Senpai

08-15-2012

One cool idea make it a matchmaking mode aswell, easier than going through the custom lists, still enjoy it TY for the map its awesome.

Dudewhatzup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Hello, just a common summoner here wanting to contribute to the development of Proving grounds.

After playing a few dozen ARAM games (50 or so), I thought I'd add my two cents. The pool tower need to be buffed slightly, the pathetic damage it does does not deter others to dive into the pool and does not go through champion abilities like tryndamere dive. Maybe I'm spoiled in summoner's rift but I see no potential or upside to this but annoyance to those who've lost and add's a kick when I'm already down.

Thanks for reading

Tl;Dr: make pool turret OP

LoneTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

I Vote to add to matchmaking mode!! xD love this map

Blinklynx

08-16-2012

Two things:

(1) Excellent job on this map. It's awesome, fun, and shows how Riot is totally tuned in to the community.

(2) You have GOT to make a matchmaker for this. It's impossible to play ARAM on this map because people....keep....DODGING without penalty, and it's very frustrating. I must have had 10 dodges in a row today. There needs to be a penalty for these games because it's not all random if people just keep rolling the dice until they get what they want.

t3hJimmer

08-16-2012

srsly, where is the ARAM Que?

Refujesus

KingoftheEwoks

08-17-2012

In regard to the Proving Grounds and ARAM:

Positives:
1) It was a great idea and helps the ARAM community for the LoL playerbase. It is especially nice that now you don't have to play Summoner's Rift for that type of game with basic rules - no snowball items, no guardian angel, no leaving mid lane, etc.

2) I admit is a fun time to play ARAM and there have been some incredible matches that last 40+ minutes for me going back and forth.

3) It is a nice place with no to little pressure where you can try out new/unconventional things on champions based on the gameplay.

Negatives:
1) Sometimes skill levels are entirely unbalanced in terms of wins and normal/ranked ELO. This regularly leads to very lopsided matches.

2) The lack of a matchmaking system seems like an issue, but I understand that it could be difficult to implement.

3) I know there is the whole point of random, but sometimes the complete random makes the game just incredibly lopsided.

4) People can easily win games by having a team together for a match and win due to more streamlined communication from voice communication software.

Suggestions:
1) Implement somehow a matchmaking for the game mode, yet I know it would be difficult.

2) Take away the complete randomness to some degree to make matches somewhat more fun to play without totally being lopsided.
a) One option would be to set up the matchmaking to select any champion even if not owned so that true randomness could occur.
b) Set up the matchmaking to choose somewhat of a balanced team instead of all melee or all tanks - AD, AP, Support, Melee DPS, Tank
c) The above list is obviously the current Meta Game for normal games, but perhaps looking into that would help even out matches. The random generator might not have to exactly fill out that, but mixing the classification of the characters would reduce lopsidedness.

3) I know since it is a custom game mode, there is probably no incentive to make a penalty for people who dodge, but it can decrease the fun when someone constantly dodges and rejoins because he or she is not satisfied with his or her champion.

4) Perhaps for to curve dodging, you might be able to set up character selection to choose 3 random champions of different classification that might fit what the player is looking to play instead of only one champion initially. I know it is a different game, but I do know DoTA (heaven forbid I mention that game here) has something like that in one of its game modes.

Akechi Kokoro

08-17-2012

Please leave the turret count at 1. It's way too difficult to push against AD carries now.

Best Atheist NA

08-17-2012

3 things need to be fixed.

-There needs to be a way to deter people from executing themselves. It's annoying and a very poorly thought-out mechanic. I'd like to see the recall ability put back in, but maybe on a long cooldown, like 5 or 7 minutes. And when you recall, the fountain WILL actually heal you while you're standing there.

-The dodgers. A matchmaking queue would solve it for the most part.

-The crappy champs. I know its ARAM, I know its random, but who wants to play Nasus or Rammus all the time? I don't. I don't ever dodge, but certain champs are at a disadvantage on this map. I'd like to see a "re-roll" button where you can change your champ *ONCE* per champ select.

xzortion

08-18-2012

So when does Soraka and Karma ever get a new skin. I love playing the classic supports but the fact they dont have any great skins is why im losing my intrest in playing them. Please make a skin for most of the classic champs. Before new champion comes out. Please dont make any more skins for Teemo, Ryze, Annie or any other champion that has lots of skins.