Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbutt Irelia

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Just played my first game on it

I have to say, AMAZING job.
The Health packs + bushes = fun


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

06-29-2012
5 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrycox42 View Post
Was this actually intended to be an ARAM map, or was that just what people hyped it up to be?

Because this is not ARAM. It's ARAB with Summoner's Rift turrets.

Between the starting gold, the global aura (With the passive experience, etc), the health pack, the Dominion items, and the ****ing bushes, this map screams ARAB.

I hate ARAB. I'll be sticking to Summoner's Rift for my ARAM >.>
The goal was to take lessons from both ARAM and ARAB and create something new and fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nickyjojo55

Member

06-29-2012

Grab a bag


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crowsntacos

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We're waiting to see what you guys think of the map first before we make that call.
I'm all for it!

Edit: I like how you guys have it to where the fountain doesn't heal you if you back. One suggestion: If the inhibitor is down we can heal and buy at the fountain. That's the way i've seen ARAM played in the past. If that's not the way you want this one done I understand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perrycox42

Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
The goal was to take lessons from both ARAM and ARAB and create something new and fun.
Well, I'll tell you now, everything you did with that map is making it ARAB with Summoner's Rift turrets.

I'll deal with it, but I know people are going to start claiming that games on that map are ARAM. Whatever will be played there will not be ARAM. It will be effectively be ARAB. Great for people who like ARAB, but not for the rest of us :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-29-2012

I still want this to have it's official main mode queue, there is no point for such a great map/mode to not be there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClamFace

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Eh, I prefer ARAB, just played a game on PG, and it's just as big a snowball fest as regular ARAM.

Could you think about upping the passive gold/EXP? It turns into a one sided stomp otherwise, which contrary to popular belief, is NOT fun for either party.

It's why I love ARAB, even though picks may be against your favour, the fact it lasts much longer and there isn't alot of snowballing makes it more fun imo.

EDIT: Maybe it's the passive that isn't the problem. Maybe it's the fact that turrets drop too easily. Perhaps look at upping the turret HP/armour? I don't know...it's just something feels like it's lacking, the games are over way too soon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-29-2012
6 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrycox42 View Post
Well, I'll tell you now, everything you did with that map is making it ARAB with Summoner's Rift turrets.

I'll deal with it, but I know people are going to start claiming that games on that map are ARAM. Whatever will be played there will not be ARAM. It will be effectively be ARAB. Great for people who like ARAB, but not for the rest of us :/
It's a mix of both. If you're an ARAM player, you're going to think it's got more in common with ARAB. Vice-versa if you're an ARAB player.

A lot of the global mechanics are similar to ARAB, but the team dynamic is much closer to ARAM.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetaSolaray

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Curious question though, are you guys considering adding SOMETHING to the people who constantly dodge because they "didn't get their champion" or "Don't like the comp" Due to no penalty people dodge for the slightest error they think isn't in their favor. Makes the "random" part...not an aram/arab


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClamFace

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSolaray View Post
Curious question though, are you guys considering adding SOMETHING to the people who constantly dodge because they "didn't get their champion" or "Don't like the comp" Due to no penalty people dodge for the slightest error they think isn't in their favor. Makes the "random" part...not an aram/arab
This, make it so when randomed, all you see is a "?" in champion select. Yeah you can't really prepare runes and masteries, but you can always set up a general runepage for just about every champ in the game, likewise with masteries.