Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusVen View Post
Oh boy, I cannot wait until I'm level 30 so I can actually try Proving Grounds! /sarcasm

Seriously, it is fun, but sometimes I don't have that many friends available and no one will play it unless it's "All 30s ARAM."

So I add my request to the hoard: Add a queue!
Just make your own game, and specify all levels or 20+ etc

I do this when my low level friends are playing, and depending on time of day, it gets full just as fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomemLegenda View Post
If I would buy Sejuani and discover I'm a disaster with her (like I am with Tryndamere), I would regret it very much. Not only because I would have her available to me on random, but additionally I would in fact have more chances of getting her
That's the beauty of ARAM. You never know what your gonna get, and the same applies to all other 9 summoners. Sometimes there's an OP champ on the enemy team but they're mega fail, cos it's their first time.

I wasn't happy about getting Trynd 3 times yesterday... but on my 3rd game I wen positive !! w00t.

so just stick with it, and get better at the champ.

Playing ARAM well is to be able to play all champs at decent level.

That should be everyone's goal here. To master every champ in the game.

& GLHF

IGingerBreadMan

07-17-2012

When is this map coming out of PBE?

Unique Traveler

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Hey Dudes!

A little over two months ago, a number of developers and I participated in Riot’s first ever Thunderdome – a periodic, companywide event aimed at allowing developers to work on whatever they want. My team set out to make the Proving Grounds, our basic tutorial map, playable as full on 5v5. This is something I’ve wanted to do ever since I originally worked on the map, and with the help of some other devs (and a good bit of caffeine) we managed to get everything up and running. Everyone was pretty happy with how the effort turned out, and with the upcoming removal of Winter Summoner’s Rift we saw an opportunity to sneak the new map out by repurposing the same UI hooks.

We've been testing the Proving Grounds for a week or so on the PBE, and now I'm pleased to announce that it is also playable as a custom game on the live servers. While we’ve been playtesting it internally as All Random (and lovin’ it) for quite some time now, all the pick options will be available – Blind Pick, Draft, and All Random – because we’re excited to see what variation you enjoy the most. We’d love to hear any feedback that you may have, as both RiotNome and myself will be providing support post release. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Fellow Rioters who helped me sneak this out:
Bigbadabruin
chunkface
Drevarius
Kilmourz
RiotNome
Ponts
positron7
Riot Taco Storm
RiotTroyzilla
subninja
Veigar

Although its great to play on, it's completely disappointing that Lvl 30 players are so arrogant enough to think anyone not level 30 is the worst player on the planet. In truth, there are some good low levels, per say a level 19 with over 100 wins? id take that over a level 30 with 45 wins. People should allow others to have a chance, maybe a few of you *cough* arrogant *cough* pros could teach the lower levels something. When i get a champ, ill ask my team if anyone knows how to play them and ask for tips. If someone is better with the champ than you are, why not let them have it? Of course, this is just an opinion/concern i raise, and by all means, you don't have to acknowledge it. But the nubs of today "MAY" become the pros of tomorrow.

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen Gaoren View Post
Although its great to play on, it's completely disappointing that Lvl 30 players are so arrogant enough to think anyone not level 30 is the worst player on the planet. In truth, there are some good low levels, per say a level 19 with over 100 wins? id take that over a level 30 with 45 wins. People should allow others to have a chance, maybe a few of you *cough* arrogant *cough* pros could teach the lower levels something. When i get a champ, ill ask my team if anyone knows how to play them and ask for tips. If someone is better with the champ than you are, why not let them have it? Of course, this is just an opinion/concern i raise, and by all means, you don't have to acknowledge it. But the nubs of today "MAY" become the pros of tomorrow.
I don't disagree with what your saying. but I'm a level 30 with over 2000 wins, been playing for 2.5 years. So... I have low expectations of anyone with <200 wins.

I can't filter out low level of wins but I can filter out games that don't specify lvl 30 by using "ARAM 30" in the filter box. And I'm happy with that.

If you have the time, just grind your way up to 30, it's not hard. If you want buy some XP boosts. (I have 2 accounts on level 30).

lvl 30 is like being 30 years old IRL. life begins at 30. When you're 10 years old u want a shiny new bike for your b'day coming up in 2 weeks, and 2 weeks is forever.

When you're 30, 2 weeks is a blink of an eye.

Camel Scary

07-17-2012

i love this map but it doesnt give much IP as it is a custom

Wingnut McMoomoo

07-18-2012

please put this in matchmaker <3

DanieliLima

Recruiter

07-18-2012

omg YES !!!

Desocupado

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen Gaoren View Post
I believe a non 30's game must be explicit in the game name, not the other way around.
Level 30 is the norm, anything before that is beginner.

By the way, when will We see a forum section and an official game for for proving grounds?

SpaceFrog

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
I believe a non 30's game must be explicit in the game name, not the other way around.
Level 30 is the norm, anything before that is beginner.

By the way, when will We see a forum section and an official game for for proving grounds?
yeah I would love to read up on some strategies for ARAM proving grounds

VICKLIUS

07-18-2012

plz move it into pvp, an bots, in custom i only play a little while cause of ip time.