Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NawHoneyBunny

07-09-2012

ARAM is the best

GingaPuck

07-09-2012

i love this! it's like playing all random all mid except there's an actual map for it now. no more sneaksy little punks going off in the jungle.

jmido

07-09-2012

Please tell me this will remain a permanent map for custom games because as an avid ARAM player I can't see myself going back to summoners rift to play some ARAM.

Fox P McCloud

07-09-2012

I strongly suggest adding Odyn's Veil to ARAM....don't replace Banshee's veil--allow us to get either one.

MookieNJ

07-09-2012

Can you please make this game mode an option for normal games? It's so frustrating watching people dodge game after game because there is no penalty in custom games.

La Baguettte

07-09-2012

I love this map iv played it a lot although i wish you could chose whether or not the base heals or not and i wish more people would play it with draft pick. but all around this map is good Great job riot.

Finley

Senior Recruiter

07-09-2012

Aram rocks

dredzach

07-09-2012

I am so dissapointed with proving grounds. I thought you (riot) were reaching out to your aram players by finally making a map for us, but instead you actually screwed us by making a competing map that doesn't give the gameplay experience we were enjoying. This new map is ruining "real" summoners rift aram.

I've played proving grounds and it is basically like ARAB with towers. Dying has little consequence and you respawn right away and get farmed to hell with little effort. The winning team gets to sit in your bush, take your health relic, and dive your tower as soon as 5 mins in. I think proving grounds sucks. Even though my last game of PG I was 20-4, I felt like I just got a good champ (leblanc). It felt really cheesy and snowbally.

This map plays nothing like real ARAM. It is just a "slayer mode" and if that was what you were gonna make, RIOT you should have made it an arena. I am very dissapointed at how you (RIOT) screwed the players of summoners rift style aram by infecting our custom game area with this new map and decreasing the player base of the old aram games. It has just made real arams harder to fill, leaving people to compromise by playing this new map just so they can get a game in (even I compromised after waiting too long for a real aram to fill). Many real aram players dislike PG so much they do wait 30 minutes in an summoners rift aram room for it to fill, if necessary. Please make a Q for these PG people so they will go away and let us play the slow paced strategic game we played before. It is cannibalizing summoners rift style aram.

Riot, I thought you were gonna reach out to the aram playerbase, but all you did was basically take away summoners rift aram. Thanks for nothin.

Perrycox42

07-09-2012

Quote:
dredzach:
I am so dissapointed with proving grounds. I thought you (riot) were reaching out to your aram players by finally making a map for us, but instead you actually screwed us by making a competing map that doesn't give the gameplay experience we were enjoying. This new map is ruining "real" summoners rift aram.

I've played proving grounds and it is basically like ARAB with towers. Dying has little consequence and you respawn right away and get farmed to hell with little effort. The winning team gets to sit in your bush, take your health relic, and dive your tower as soon as 5 mins in. I think proving grounds sucks. Even though my last game of PG I was 20-4, I felt like I just got a good champ (leblanc). It felt really cheesy and snowbally.

This map plays nothing like real ARAM. It is just a "slayer mode" and if that was what you were gonna make, RIOT you should have made it an arena. I am very dissapointed at how you (RIOT) screwed the players of summoners rift style aram by infecting our custom game area with this new map and decreasing the player base of the old aram games. It has just made real arams harder to fill, leaving people to compromise by playing this new map just so they can get a game in (even I compromised after waiting too long for a real aram to fill). Many real aram players dislike PG so much they do wait 30 minutes in an summoners rift aram room for it to fill, if necessary. Please make a Q for these PG people so they will go away and let us play the slow paced strategic game we played before. It is cannibalizing summoners rift style aram.

Riot, I thought you were gonna reach out to the aram playerbase, but all you did was basically take away summoners rift aram. Thanks for nothin.

Sad to say people will downvote you... I try not to be so verbal against Riot themselves, because it's not really their fault that everyone thinks this is ARAM, and looks at us like we're idiots when we try to play real ARAM. But it is rather aggravating

xDisgrace

07-09-2012

i'd like to say, GJ RIOT! whoever worked on this should get paid double !!!!