Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neblin007

07-01-2012

Wow, super kewl Riot!!! Thanks to the dev team for their diligent work. I mean, why not, you know? That map's been there for quite some time so why not make it playable for us rather than just using it for noob training. Just needs bot action now. It's fun to go all bezerk playing 5v5 on a narrow bridge. Too bad you can't knock champs off the bridge where it's kinda broken near the middle! Anyways, thanks again Riot.

Wishing Umbreon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
I've been really enjoying it. It's forcing me to learn a bunch of new champs.
That's what I like about it. I also try new things on the champs I use like move speed shyvana and AP nidalee.

Zinwrath

07-01-2012

heres an idea i came up with. Hear me out i know theres certain champs that people are like "oh they got X gg dodge" but...some people still enjoy the randomness of all random "not me personally but a lot of people do" heres an easy solution... Draft all random. You still get to pick your bans...then after the banning phase it randomly gives you champs based on whats not banned. You dont have to worry about those couple "op" champs getting given to someone...and everyone can still have the fun of getting random champs. Just a thought...might slow down the constant dodges and then people dont have to go blind pick or draft pick to avoid this annoyance.

BlacksheepCHB

07-01-2012

This map is much more fun than summoner's rift and twisteed treeline combined

gonn

07-01-2012

remove promote ...

R66Y

07-01-2012

Needs to be some form of regular game. I'm getting 2-3 dodged games for every one that actually starts.

BaronVonWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

About 100x more fun than Dominion.

Thanks riot

Sizmic

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
I've been really enjoying it. It's forcing me to learn a bunch of new champs.
Same here Bazner,

With SR I would always choose to play a similar group of champs this map gives me a break from SR (without feeling ignored like i do in dom) and makes me play new champs. For the map itself I like it and the new feel. I had an idea as this is an aram kind of idea why not have barrier cut of retreat so far behind a tower? I noticed the spawning pool doesn't heal you which is nice but to prevent running back and buying, which is against normal aram, having that wall pop up once you pass a point could be cool. Kinda prevent cheating as it were.

Bluhe

07-01-2012

This map is very good, and is very fun to play. The only problem is the qeue dodgers, people don't understand that is random pick, and they quit if they got something they don't want to.
Matchmaking could be a good option, I hope you take that in count

Beravin

07-01-2012

A good field, and a worth while contribution to this game. All of my friends have been playing it, and some of us managed to get a game with Ames, was a close match as well. The brush was an excellent idea, it has actually won us a few games because we use it to gank, and the fight for the brush at the start is always enjoyable. The passive experience rate feels like it is in a perfect place. The field also looks nice for the most part, but the completely blank sides are a waste of space.

With that said, I've had a few problems with this field, though it is probably because of my experience as an ARAM player. The passive gold does not feel like it is in a good place, kills and assists do not get you ahead as much as they should. This has actually turned away a number of my custom friends. To give you an idea as to how we think; "It does not feel like gold needs to be earned, and is just given to you for no reason". Gold should be a reward, and not taken for granted.

The free mana from this field also feels excessive. It has eliminated the need to take clarity, or to purchase mana regeneration items. You do not need to play conservatively because of how much there is. This is a good idea for this kind of mode, but we feel the number is higher than it should be. We all hate certain champions, like Nidalee for example, and this is an indirect buff to champions that did not need it. Starting at level three, with an abundance of gold, plus runes and masteries, should be plenty to deal with your own mana. Its a fine idea, just need to balance the numbers, thats all.

Barrier actually feels fine for us, at least for the most part, I'm not sure why people have a problem with it. I'd sooner fight a Barrier than a Flash, personally. People are just taking it because it is the new spell, and because it is only available in customs. Its a short term buff for clutch situations, the bonus does not last very long. The only problem it might have is how it scales with armour and resists. It is basically a trigger alternative to heal, and it is nice to have more choices.

Still an excellent mode. Its actually been quite frustrating, since the lobby is now filled with a good hundred games of it at every moment. You join some games and wait 20 minutes for it to start, you join others and its full so fast that a friend cant get in. It has almost killed off ARAM/ARAB as well, since they are not needed. It would be very nice to have matchmaking for this, and to deal with all the dodgers to an extent. Its "All Random" for a reason, people need to understand this.

The field is great, if a little simple. It is balanced well for the most part, just some minor or champion specific problems. But above all though, you listened to the community and gave us what we asked for, the effort made has been clear. I've bought some Riot Points, just to give you a direct thank you. Oh, and sorry for the wall of text, haha ;P