Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slavik1

06-30-2012

I really like the new map, I was thinking about two things. What is the average game time? Games often end before 20 minute mark so maybe minimum surrender time should lowered as well?

How does Riot and community approach suicide? It can be tactically good decision e.g. all of your team mates are very low so to not be nuked leaving nobody to defend tower, one of you just charges into enemies to get back with full health quickly; one enemy is alive and you have 5hp so you suicide to him to prevent his partners from getting assist gold. However many AM/AB players would consider that as cheating while your mates will often say it's just an intentional feeding.

It is different from Dominion where suicide-alike gameplays are corresponded with defending / attacking a point and there were no unofficial Dominion before, with its unofficial rules.

crzymdscntst

06-30-2012

Health Packs seem impractically placed, it'd difficult to even tell that they are health pack spawn points.

Bushes on only 1 side opposite of health packs also seems impractical.

Bushes = obvious target
Whichever team is tankier has health pack control

I'm also not sure if movespeed is applying correctly, even at 400-500, felt like I was moving slow. In fact, this seemed to be make dodging harder than it is on SR ARAM. Even with the lane size. Same thing with ARAB, small lane size, still can dodge, because you can move. Big lane on this, but you can't move.

First game 16 minutes with 1 afk. Death, even suicide is more punishing, Unit collision even more punishing.

I died 5 times, allies died 10+ times each, minus the afk who left after 1 death, they were Morgana, who feels slower to begin with. I was the person with the longest lifetime and still wasn't out-leveling anyone, even with the leaver and more exp to go around for my team, that's another factor to be looked at. The level advantage, since if one team gets a few kills ahead, you can't make a comeback if they've got a level each to go with it.

Suicide is something to only do when there are less enemies, otherwise, avoid it at all costs is the general rule of thumb. Since you have to die to shop, it's impractical to do anything but die when they can't overpush you.

Clerigon

06-30-2012

let be honest, you made this new game mode for casual players, a lot of aram players wanted a map without side lanes and jungle, and you guy just rework the whole PG map with auras, hp packs, items, etc...

xMsyk

06-30-2012

There seems to be a lot of negative criticism about the new Murderbridge.

If I can change that, I've spent a good segment of yesterday's evening playing private matches on the new map (yes in All Random) with 9 friends, all of us on Skype. This was the most fun I've had with LoL in a long time. It was incredibly enjoyable to play random champions that we don't necessarily known as well as our "mains" and bickering after each other for our fails. The amounts of laughs and good times that we had was incredible.

I don't think that there's necessarily anything wrong with Murderbridge, outside of maybe Barrier being a bit OP (I wouldn't mind seeing it on the regular game modes if it ever gets properly balanced, it's a cool choice for some champs). While I'm unsure if it should be an official game mode (for sure it will never be ranked, but as a regular game, it would be hard to balance people around an ELO rating because of the random nature of the champion selection), I immensely enjoy playing this game mode, and will be hosting many more of those both for my friends and general public.

I really enjoy the fact that it has the fast pace respawn timers/heath packs of ARAB/Dominion while still having the tactical element and slow builds of ARAM/SR. I think it's very properly tuned to have the better elements of both, despite the hate of they naysayers(sp?)

Great job from Brackhar & Co. (sorry for not naming you all, but you still all get all my <3). Keep up the great work!

-Alexandre "Msyk" R.

Foolish Goat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Very fun map! Thanks for everyone involved in the creation.

Now I look forward to its addition into matchmaking

RexMaskimus

06-30-2012

AT LAST! GG Riot

This is the Hour

06-30-2012

Does "all random" include just the free champs and champs you own, or is every single champ in the mix?

xMsyk

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by outthawazoo View Post
Does "all random" include just the free champs and champs you own, or is every single champ in the mix?
It includes every champion you have access to, which means both the free ones on rotation and the ones you have unlocked.

Also, please go accept the summoner code, reading your grey text is a pain to the eyes.

AlertMinotar

06-30-2012

Why is this map only avaliable in custom games but not on regular pvp? it sucks not getting ip after playing like 5 games...

DarkAct

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

You dont allow bloodthirster on this map, and other SR items and yet you allow banshee veils?