Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

All random for sure is the best as the others devolve into who has the best poke/initiation team.

With random you have to play the cards you are dealt. Often times even if you don't have strong poke if you can survive without feeding to much till level 6 you can usually start to win then.

Morcaar

06-29-2012

Just played 3 games on the Proving Grounds.... It. Is. Awesome. It's definitely a mix between ARAB and ARAM, but personally I like it this way-- it has the fast-paced feel of ARAB with the acing power of ARAM

Dragon4Athene

06-29-2012

I don't want to seem ungrateful for the new map but this is neither aram nor arab. Was it really necesary to mix them? Ever heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it?" I like aram and I like arab. I don't like them mixed. So what if one type of champ is more useful than another for part of the game? That's half the fun of it being random. Also you left out what makes each game type. Aram is all about a long laning phase with really slow leveling and gold aquiring. Arab is all about the turrets and scoring system. That's is the central part to both games types and whats makes each fun. In all honesty imo the best way you could do this would just cut the parts out of the existing maps so you'd cut the mid out of SR and the bottom 1/4 of the map out of Crystal Scar. You don't even have to cut out really just put up barriers. Any thought of doing this?

Asmonok

06-29-2012

I love this. Finally a perfect map for all randoms which just happens to be my favorite game mode.

donkrx

06-29-2012

Definitely fun, great way to do ARAM type stuff.... this is what we were looking for.

Next step: add it to the official Game Mode list so that we can solo queue up and have matchmaking find games for us based on skill etc.

AsukaEva02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Hey dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely fun until I played enough games that your new IP formula made me earn EXACTLY 0 IP.

Thank you for making my time worth while. =.=

21 min game if you were wondering just how long the game was.

Lil Scampers

06-30-2012

Only two months ago you started working on what the community has wanted for two years.

Riot.txt.

donkrx

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4Athene View Post
I don't want to seem ungrateful for the new map but this is neither aram nor arab. Was it really necesary to mix them? Ever heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it?" I like aram and I like arab. I don't like them mixed. So what if one type of champ is more useful than another for part of the game? That's half the fun of it being random. Also you left out what makes each game type. Aram is all about a long laning phase with really slow leveling and gold aquiring. Arab is all about the turrets and scoring system. That's is the central part to both games types and whats makes each fun. In all honesty imo the best way you could do this would just cut the parts out of the existing maps so you'd cut the mid out of SR and the bottom 1/4 of the map out of Crystal Scar. You don't even have to cut out really just put up barriers. Any thought of doing this?
I +1 just because I think its ridiculous to downvote someone that is just expressing their opinion and not raging.

However I personally think they brought the best out of this mode and really paid attention to the things that create the specific type of gameplay you see in ARAM/AB games. The biggest problem with ARAM's is that it takes a really long period of time to get leveled up or get enough gold to buy items. That's boring.... I mean its unnecessarily slow (very slow) and it also makes poke champions even stronger as they will be able to poke from level 1 while everyone else needs to wait 3 to 5 levels before they can even make an attempt at attacking. The pace is much better in PG and you start at level 3 which fixes these problems. I also like that they imposed rules (like you can go back to buy and heal) so that people cant cheat. These things are really important to the gameplay.

Oh and you start with more gold, so there are more ways to open your build up.

Dragon4Athene

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkrx View Post
I +1 just because I think its ridiculous to downvote someone that is just expressing their opinion and not raging.

However I personally think they brought the best out of this mode and really paid attention to the things that create the specific type of gameplay you see in ARAM/AB games. The biggest problem with ARAM's is that it takes a really long period of time to get leveled up or get enough gold to buy items. That's boring.... I mean its unnecessarily slow (very slow) and it also makes poke champions even stronger as they will be able to poke from level 1 while everyone else needs to wait 3 to 5 levels before they can even make an attempt at attacking. The pace is much better in PG and you start at level 3 which fixes these problems. I also like that they imposed rules (like you can go back to buy and heal) so that people cant cheat. These things are really important to the gameplay.

Oh and you start with more gold, so there are more ways to open your build up.
Thank you for being possibly the only reasonable person in the league community. Idk I guess I just have weird likes. Because I like how slow the start of aram is and how unbalanced it can be.

Mísanthropic

06-30-2012

Is there a random queue for this? If not, then there should be one! Just click play, ??????, PROVING GROUNDS!

Also:

PROVING GROUNDS!!! <3333333333