Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Tsuki View Post
Disagree strongly. It's a rule that delays games for no real reason. There is no need to change the rules of the game once certain conditions have met.

I never liked the 'rule' on SR where you could do that. To me, it's more of a convenience rule because you are losing the match and hope for a comeback (and if you make a comeback, I consider it a cheated one because at some point in the game the rules changed in your favour).
Fun fact: In the early days of ARAM, you never were allowed to heal after the inhib was down. I always (at least tried) to run my ARAMs without allowing healing after inhibs are down. It just pointlessly extends the game. Over countless arams in the last 2 years, I could probably count on one hand the number of times a team actually turned a game around because of that rule. The rest of the time, the winning team just gets frustrated because they can't finish off the game.

tl;dr I love that they put the rule in this way. Good old classic ARAM-style rule.

Quote:
Just played a few rounds on this map and it has promise but needs several fixes. It removes a lot of the problems with playing ARAM on SR but doesn't have half the things that make ARAB much more interesting and dynamic.

*list removed to reduce clutter*
My initial impression is that you haven't actually played (at least extensively) on PG. A lot of these seem based solely off of conjecture, as they are quite different than what I've experienced as the reality of this map. Point-by-point comments:

1. Warmog's. It's not that good. Sure, the regen and HP are nice. But there just isn't enough opportunity to CS to build it up fast enough to be worth it. You would have to rush it early. And guess what you don't have if you do this: Damage.

2. Go play some as an AD carry. If you are competent with AD carries, you can easily dominate on this map. Again, this is coming from personal experience from a lot of time spent on this map on the PBE. Range is extremely powerful in ARAM.

3. See my comment above. You should never have been allowed to heal/shop at any time in the game. Is there something wrong with the games being relatively quick? All this means is that if a team is dominant, they'll actually be able to finish the game off. This is much more difficult in both ARAB and ARAMs where healing is allowed after inhibs are down. But I've also had enough close games on PG where both teams manage to take their inhibs out. These are some of the most fun games, because they are pretty intense.

4. I've not had any problems getting the items I need on carries.

5. I can kind of agree with having just one health relic. But they aren't all that bad. My biggest problem with them is that they just add to the advantage of a dominating team. Like, if you've pushed in and are winning, you basically now own all the relics. Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if they were removed entirely. But they're there, and I'll just take them in as a new aspect of the game.

6. I have mixed feelings about the brush. I understand why it is there, and it does what it is meant to do. But I somewhat prefer the brushless thing they have going on in regular ARAMs. I like your idea of maybe widening the lane out in the middle a bit, so the brush is there, but there is still more room to play outside the brush. Again, though, I'll just accept this as a part of ARAMs on PG and deal with it.

Bruisers: This conjecture is just... wrong, based on my experience with this map over the last couple weeks. Bruisers dominate ARAB because the point is to survive and hold points as long as you can. Bruisers are good at this sort of thing. But PG is not going to be a place where they simply dominate the game. A team needs one or two bruisers/tanks. But as with regular ARAMs, ranged poke is far stronger than any bruisers will be. Your points about the gold farming for carries are just inaccurate. I've never had any problems getting the items I need on carries.

IrrationalNoob

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We'd probably have to do some work to make 1v1 fun. I'm not sure the death timers as currently implemented would make that fun. We never tested it though, so I could be wrong.
Could you make modifiable death timers? Or, adjust it when its 1v1?

Zielmann

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Could you make modifiable death timers? Or, adjust it when its 1v1?
Don't really get the concern on this one. Aren't 1v1 rules generally to first kill or tower? I see no reason it couldn't be used for this.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

the relics give too much advantage to push comps

and karthus specifically is grossly op on this map... it's pretty frustrating

godmarck

06-29-2012

Dude, this is like super good news!

Nice one there, I always thought they should make this a playable map, so I could play 1v1 matches against my friends.

NICELY DONE!

Chairman Mao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Why is the music so depressing? It doesn't sound good at all

poopdood

Recruiter

06-29-2012

Buff the towers with more hp, armor, and aspd please!

So it's not a snowballing game and there's a chance to catch up

The Dream Man

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blordy View Post
Nice! Now, where is my 1000 RP?

EDIT: LOL, downvotes because I just wanted Riot to be equal with all players. EVERYONE OR NO ONe.
cry more? ..

Vorsmyth

06-29-2012

Just played my first ARAM, that was crazy fun.

Also first game with a Rioter Riot Bahamut

In essence this combo made for the best lol night ever.

Mage Diggity

06-29-2012

Wow, this map is epic, if only it was a normal playable x.x