Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x4ndar View Post
I would really like to see 1v1 (and maybe 2v2) matchmaking for Proving Grounds. Plus, 1v1 ranked on it would be really popular. Everyone who complains about been dragged down by teammates would be able to see how skilled exactly he is. Of course SR 5v5 would still be the most popular cause this is a team game, but I know 1v1 would save me of potentially getting brain aneurism when I'm not in a mood for streak of games full of trolls and leavers.
I think 2v2 would work better just because there's some champions that cant really go 1v1 like putting karma up against jax for example.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Hey Dudes!

A little over two months ago, a number of developers and I participated in Riot’s first ever Thunderdome – a periodic, companywide event aimed at allowing developers to work on whatever they want. My team set out to make the Proving Grounds, our basic tutorial map, playable as full on 5v5. This is something I’ve wanted to do ever since I originally worked on the map, and with the help of some other devs (and a good bit of caffeine) we managed to get everything up and running. Everyone was pretty happy with how the effort turned out, and with the upcoming removal of Winter Summoner’s Rift we saw an opportunity to sneak the new map out by repurposing the same UI hooks.

We've been testing the Proving Grounds for a week or so on the PBE, and now I'm pleased to announce that it is also playable as a custom game on the live servers. While we’ve been playtesting it internally as All Random (and lovin’ it) for quite some time now, all the pick options will be available – Blind Pick, Draft, and All Random – because we’re excited to see what variation you enjoy the most. We’d love to hear any feedback that you may have, as both RiotNome and myself will be providing support post release. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Fellow Rioters who helped me sneak this out:
Bigbadabruin
chunkface
Drevarius
Kilmourz
RiotNome
Ponts
positron7
Riot Taco Storm
RiotTroyzilla
subninja
Veigar
Hey Brackhar , please change title to "Murderbridge available on live"

Yokel85

06-29-2012

This map is completely worthless until you start banning people for dodging custom games.

Loafers4Gophers

06-29-2012

Been waiting for this! Thanks a lot for taking the time to make this non-necessary update in a time where I'm sure you have deadlines to meet. I already profusely praised Nome for his involvement on this but I'd like to extend that to everyone else involved. The map is a ton and a half of fun to play on the PBE (AR or Blind Pick) and I can't wait to test it live!

exe3

06-29-2012

RIP Winter Summoner's Rift.

ViashinoWizard

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshax View Post
I do dislike the 20% healing reduction though. As most games are all random, and you can't control who you get, having a hero like Mundo or a healer can really suck with that healing reduction just for being on the map. I'd really like an option set where you can turn that off (and turn off the little bonus heals in the lane too).
The healing reduction is necessary though. Healing is extremely powerful in ARAM because you can't go back to the fountain to heal like you can in Summoner's Rift. That's why you always see five Heals in SR ARAM.

Unrelated: Heimerdinger is god tier.

celk17

06-29-2012

Thanks so much guys! Love the new map.

Ghaladir

06-29-2012

Proving grounds- SOOO SWEEEEET! I love it. Thanks RIOT! PFE and Proving Grounds in the same day... sooo cool.

Akai Tsuki

06-29-2012

Would it be possible to make champions not die when there is no enemy champion with an assist marker? To prevent getting killed by a tower or minions and no enemy taking credit for the kill.

DezkroLOL

06-29-2012

This is so sweet :3