How to counter Yorick top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagingDonger

09-04-2012

Chogath was mentioned. Somehow I do bad vs trynds as Yorick. I have no idea as to why!

Zaurok

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelord View Post
Chogath was mentioned. Somehow I do bad vs trynds as Yorick. I have no idea as to why!
You'd have to go full armor against tryn and chances are you will NOT kill him 1vs1 as he will run away during his ult. Tryn is a pain in lane because of his ult. He can tower dive you easily and can tank the tower if needed.

mDAVIS

09-05-2012

After reading this whole thread, I'm disappointed noone has said AD nid. AD nid dominates a yorick top. The autohit poke and ult damage is just unmanageable.

Jesot

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyfromRuin View Post
Morde nasus WW naut singed cho..he has counters but there not played top often so no one bothers.Theres more...
Nautilus? He gets zoned pretty easily by Yorick.

Nanuuk

09-05-2012

it's been said, and coming from someone who mains yorick, CHO'GATH is who you want to play against a yorick top, period.

Sure renekton or riven can do well, but they don't do as well late game as a chogath can. Uber tanky, silence, dmg, knockup, ultimate, etc.

Pick ChoGath, then continue to spam "/all I thought you were OP Yorick?" all game every time you kill him

Fliparto

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts2365 View Post
Yorick's Q does not reduce his damage output. It makes his first attack do bonus damage and with his passive, he will do 5% more damage and take 5% less. Not to mention his minions will benefit from the extra damage as well. He can easily close the gap by using is W and then Q if there's a minion nearby to get the speed boost. If not, he can still use his E to get some harass in. A few times of that combo is often enough to force the other player to recall, unless its Warwick, Trundle or Cho Gath. They are all definitely soft counters to Yorick, but there really isn't a champion I've encountered yet that is a definite hard counter.
Learn to play Yorick,
You use Q on a minion to give you that speed boost, and W to slow them down once you're in range. Anyone playing against Yorick is going to try and stay a good distance away. You need that Q speed boost to get close to them, which means you can't use it on your enemy (until its off cd). Since you just used it on a minion for the speed boost to get near your enemy, its lost dmg

Yuffy Kisaragi

09-05-2012

so... played fiora vs. yorick top with 21/0/9 masteries and move speed quints + the move speed from burst of speed and he still managed to kite me with his ghouls. I went heal ignite and still somehow lost the lane because I just could not attack him. If I could hold him down to hit him with burst of speed active, I'm sure he would have died at level 3 and then every time he came in lane after that... but he's to fast. pretty broken imo.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

09-06-2012

Trundle does not counter yorick, AT ALL!!!

His passive is totally useless. So he gets 4 hp back for 1 minion... IF he even took 1 autoattack from that same minion, he lost 35. So no matter what trundle does, he loses more than his passive makes up.

Now add to that, HOW THE HELL DOES TRUNDLE ATTACK!? That's right, he doesn't have anything to start on yorick unless he goes in totally. Unless he does, the only thing he's going to eat is W+E all day.

Sorry, just had to say that...

Chogath and Trynd are pretty good actually. They both have resource generation on death on a minion and they can keep up with yoricks minion spam. Nasus also has resource generation(Q stacks) but he can't cast as often as yorick can, and he loses valuable gold farm if he does.

Cho gets back mana and health, negating a lot of the harass, and trynd gets fury, which he can convert back into life.

Shadowraven12

10-05-2012

This dumb. the counter to yorick Lulu. He's weak against purple. Just build full purple and win.

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

So much misinformation here.

For the most part Yorick is one of the best laners in the game, if not THE best. He doesn't have any real COUNTERS, but champions like Trundle and Cho'Gath will at least break even with him by the end of laning phase. There isn't really a hard counter to him.