Why do melee chars go glass cannon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weenis Too

06-29-2012

Why are so many melee characters going glass cannon? Its confusing 8( I see a lot of glass cannon lee sins, skarners, crit planks.

Then they just die from the poking they cant even make it to the team fight 8( i mean crit plank obviously has potential once in a BLUEEEEEEEEE moon, but most gps need some meat for their team -.- i dont like 4v5 8(

JRiMi

06-29-2012

I have built Riven glass cannon. BT PD BT PD IE type stuff. It is a bad idea as u point out. I went like 22-10 BUT we lost BC my job was to sort of tank and damage I was being melted in team fights. So its popular BC ppl like getting kills but it doesn't work IMO.

Rykaal

06-29-2012

only time you should build glass cannon is for ranged AD. I build it with Varus occasionally, not the best build I ever used. but sure is fun.

HighFiveAtomBomb

06-29-2012

you built a PD on riven? get out. glass cannon riven is Boots, BT, BT, IE, Maw, (last AD item here)

Purpleiswin

06-29-2012

You do tons of damage fast. Even though you die faster. It sooorrta works on some melee champs like trynd because he has that extra 5 seconds to live, where building glass cannon will get you that extra kill where as a tanky trynd miiiiight not. It's a lot more fun watching you 3-shot someone rather than 20-shot someone safely.

MURDER BONER

Recruiter

06-30-2012

Sometimes you can even build a melee safely Glass Cannon-y because the rest of your team is able to tank or properly CC. Of course, some people build all offensive items regardless in hopes of just spiking down the other team.

JRiMi

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFiveAtomBomb View Post
you built a PD on riven? get out. glass cannon riven is Boots, BT, BT, IE, Maw, (last AD item here)
Yeeaaah it was kinda like a wannabe master Yi lol. It was funny BC ppl didn't know what to do but I was pretty noob to melees and solo top at the time. Now I barely PD on anyone lol.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Ya'll crazy!!! 3 PD 2 BTs Boots of Swiftness Riven!!! In and out like a BOSS!!

(Totally kidding. I have seen it, though. She didn't finish her third PD until 1:08 in the game, though.)

Though, nothing is funnier than seeing Riven ult and a big old Sword Swingalingin' along.