Akali Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keyaithewarrior

09-01-2010

Just build AP and go for survivability from items. Spell Vamp is decent for the laning phase, but come team fights, once you start getting hit, you are done. Just get Rylai's + Lichbane + Brilliance Elixir then gear survivability with Guardian Angel/Banshee's/Sunfire Cape depending on your enemy team comp.

TKana

09-01-2010

I do the same. Dorans Blade -> Boots 1 -> Rylai´s - Boots 2 -> Lichbane -> Zhonya's -> Abbysal Scepter or Guardian Angel -> replace Dorans with Sunfire cape or GA.

Around 3.6k hp, 200+ armor, 200+ magic resist. Damage is still rediculous.

Keziki

09-01-2010

Pure ap is the way to go, grab a guinsoos and that activates your AD passive, but that is the only item you should have with AD on it.

TKana

09-02-2010

Right, i'll add my basic runepage/masteries into the spreadsheet and post the results vs 0 armor/50 armor/100 armor using the same rotation you use (which is very much like mine btw). I'll break down Zhonya's down to its basic components to compensate the fact i have around 1000 more gold.

Assumining the following:

Spec:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/300...00100000000000

Runes:
Red magic penetration runes
Yellow hp/18 runes
Blue magic resist/18 rune
1 Quite damage (T3)
2 Quints flat HP.

Items:
Doran's Blade
Sorcerors Boots
Rylai's Scepter
Lichbane
Blasting Wand
Needlessly Large Rod

Combat stats:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Akali...8c6dd974660f36

Assuming the following rotation:
"r, aa(LB), q, q2, e, aa, r, aa(LB)"

AP Build:

vs 0 MR / Armor
Totan Damage 3,130
r = 395
aa(LB) = 686
q = 266
q2 = 266
e = 227
aa = 210

vs 50 MR / Armor
Total damage 2,319
r = 337
aa(LB) = 449
q = 227
q2 = 227
e = 158
aa = 137

vs 100 MR / Armor
Total damage 1,675
r = 256
aa(LB) = 305
q = 172
q2 = 172
e = 117
aa = 93

Looking at those numbers, im pretty sure you'd do more damage to the higher armored targets since your build is more focussed on penetration. Keep in mind the build posted above is a quite standard build, so if your oppenents should start stacking defense, you'd probably not get Zhonya's but Abbysal Scepter or something similar.

Ill post my calculations with your build in a sec aswell.

EDIT: made an error, forgot the mastery armor penetration stuff.

TKana

09-02-2010

Your build:

Assumining the following:

Spec:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/300...00100000000000

Runes:
Red armor penetration runes
Yellow hp/18 runes
Blue magic resist/18 rune
Quint armor penetration runes

Items:
The Brutaliser
Sorecerors Boots
Sheen
Haunting Guise
Youmuu's Ghostblade (active is used)
Guinsoo's Rageblade (full stacks)

Combat stat:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Akali...1fa7f5adbefd23

Assuming the following rotation:
"r, aa(Sh), q, q2, e, aa, r, aa(Sh)"

Hybrid:

vs 0 MR / Armor
Total Damage : 2,399
r = 325
aa(Sh) = 406
q = 210
q2 = 210
e = 234
aa = 285

vs 50 MR / Armor
Total Damage : 2,294
r = 299
aa(Sh) = 398
q = 193
q2 = 193
e = 234
aa = 279

vs 100 MR / Armor

Total Damage : 1,732
r = 221
aa(Sh) = 311
q = 143
q2 = 143
e = 180
aa = 221

TKana

09-02-2010

As expected, your build does better vs armored champions, but mostly because you have lots of penetration, where my standard build doesnt.

Should i draw the line into the 200 armor/MR, yours will outshine my standard build. Thats why AP akali takes out the carries Low hp, low defense. Easy gold.

Its also worth noting that my build has a lot higher effective health, so you should survive AoE damage and burst damage much easier.

TKana

09-02-2010

Quote:
- "q2" from my example is the follow-up attack to akali's Q, so it includes both the magic damage from the echo of the initial kama strike, plus an auto-attack (with lich/sheen proc).
Mine doesn't. Hence the fact you get the lichbane/sheen proc on the attack afterwards.

Quote:
- are you remembering to mitigate the damage from the lich/sheen procs, or are you calculating that as true damage?
They're mitigated by armor as the do physical damage. It's been accounted for.
Sheen damage = (autattack damage+80%*base damage*1-armor mitigation)*((passive magic damage%)*1-magic mitigation))

Quote:
- setting the armor and magic resist to identical values is pretty unrealistic in most cases. if you're running an ap build, it is extremely rare that you would ever attack a target with 0 armor. it's better to use a real case (such as level 18 akali versus level 18 <champion>) and run the numbers with realistic builds that someone might have that had a similar amount of gold. a level 18 ashe with no additional defense is something that you could actually come across in a game, so i used that as an example target.
I agree, which is why i made several scenario's. 0/0 is impossible indeed, and the targets you should aim for first are usually in the 40-60/40-60 catagory. Hence me making the 50/50 group. The 100/100 group was another basic example.

Quote:
- in my examples, i counted each auto-attack as a lich/sheen proc. are you doing the same?
I did not, each attack which proc Lichbane is called aa(LB) and each attack with a sheen proc is called aa(Sh). It's unrealistic to believe every auto attack generates a proc effect with it's 3 second cooldown.

Quote:
- are you remembering to add in the magic damage from the ap half of her passive to each auto-attack?
Yes, aa is calculated based on: [(damage + masteries + runes+ items)*(1.1+((AP-20)/5)]. So, yes. It is.

Medullaris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
builds without penetration make me sad :/
armor or magic pen? if armor, why?