Akali Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ARE YOU MY WAIFU

08-31-2010

I just bought Akali and as I tried her out during when she was free and I like her play style.I saw some posts saying she was a hybrid and I thought that made sense with her dual passive. So I did some matches with guinsoo's and hextech gunblade and it turned out well.I just wanted to know is this a correct item build? It gives me good spell vamp, I have went toe-to-toe with Yi and have gotten a double kill in a 2v1 situation. I also would like some runes and correct masteries but im not that high of a level so they are not important.

Sorry for wall of text and thank you in advance.

Toxic72

08-31-2010

Solid choice, i usually go lichbane instead of gunblade though (either way, she's really good).

ARE YOU MY WAIFU

08-31-2010

Couldnt I just build both? I mean my core build is what 6k gold? I could fit a lichbane in there.

Texas Snyper

08-31-2010

I have read that you can go with a hybrid build with Akali, however I always go an AP build with just enough AD to activate the spellvamp passive. I go with Doran's Blade (6 AD + 4 from masteries/runes) and then go boots1 -> sheen -> boots2 -> rylai's -> lichbane -> gunblade -> ??? -> profit

Servare Vitas

08-31-2010

straight AP build gives you the greatest burst
and thus the greatest usefulness to your team

the only time i would build anything into a hybrid build is if the other team is stacking so much MR that you cant pen through enough of it ot do significant damage...but considering void staff exists...that doesnt really happen

Ebonclaw

08-31-2010

Rylai's > Rageblade > Void/Zhonya's/Lichbane/Abyssal/Mejai/Guise, depending on enemy comp and flow of the match.

At lower Elo, a more balanced hybrid can be very nice - I originally started rushing to Trinity, and it went quite well. Trinity > Rageblade > Gunblade could be quite potent. It has more sustained damage stream than an AP build (though your passive gives you pretty huge autos with AP), but as Keen stated, it has less burst.

I find, with building in either direction, you really want a snare item ASAP, either Rylai or Phage, because if you're doing anything right at all with Akali (and it sounds like you are), people will run from you.

iTzTooEz

08-31-2010

I dont get why people think full AP is better burst. AP passive gives you a % of your AD dealt with each attack. 100 AD with a 60% passive bonus is 160dmg per atk. 150 AD with a 40% passive bonus is 210 per atk. Yes your skills with do about 20-30dmg less, (i think the AP ratio is pretty low) but you make up for it in AD.

Texas Snyper

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzTooEz View Post
I dont get why people think full AP is better burst. AP passive gives you a % of your AD dealt with each attack. 100 AD with a 60% passive bonus is 160dmg per atk. 150 AD with a 40% passive bonus is 210 per atk. Yes your skills with do about 20-30dmg less, (i think the AP ratio is pretty low) but you make up for it in AD.
when you stack AP and get lichbane, you get insane burst when you auto attack after each spell. Shadow dance to them (they're snared from rylai's), auto attack, mark, auto attack (procs lichbane AND 2nd half of mark), cresent slash, auto, shadow dance, auto. Should be at or near dead at this point. Even if they aren't dead, they're very close and you can shadow dance or mark again for the FB. Lichbane gives you 'AD' while stacking AP.

Give it a try and you'll be amazed at how much more bursty she can be. I used to play her as hybrid, but not anymore.

South

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

no hybrid sucks my ****
play pure AP and watch squishies cry
9/21/0
Doran's Blade (You need 2 flat attack quints)
Boots
Mejais
upgrade boots
rylais
lichbane
zhonya's
????
600+ AP
meaning...
Mark does ~ 400 on throw
~400 on active
lichbane ~ 600
dance ~ 600
lichbane ~600
full burst? ~3k give or take...

SilentSound

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerisireA View Post
no hybrid sucks my ****
play pure AP and watch squishies cry
9/21/0
Doran's Blade (You need 2 flat attack quints)
Boots
Mejais
upgrade boots
rylais
lichbane
zhonya's
????
600+ AP
meaning...
Mark does ~ 400 on throw
~400 on active
lichbane ~ 600
dance ~ 600
lichbane ~600
full burst? ~3k give or take...
This is also basically my build, and AP tends to do tremendously well with akali. Vamp can only get you so far, destroying your opponent before you loose health is better. Akali's main job is to get squishy dps and mages, so making quick kills off them is really easy with ap and lich bane.

It is particularly funny when they have a twitch!! He appears, attacks, you ult to him..... within the next couple of seconds... you will find a dead rat on the floor.. xD