Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Valderius' Totally Awesome Duo Lanes That Work! (and why they do)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Kim

12-29-2012

Vayne and Poppy post-6. Dear god Vayne and Poppy post-6. Poppy goes all in giving zero ****s, and Vayne follows up with her ult. Guaranteed double kill in bot lane.

Alamandaros

12-29-2012

Soraka/Ryze is another good AP combo bot. Unlike other AP carries, Ryze gets better with farm rather than levels. Soraka provides Ryze with infinite mana and lets him farm [his tear] all day long.

FaerKhan

12-29-2012

I've played Leona Jarvan with a friend of mine, and it works exceedingly well1

Monkey D Tam

12-29-2012

What do people have to say about Jayce and Leona synergy?

Spacedevil

12-30-2012

Xin Zhao and Lee Sin.

Either one can initiate on the other carry, but ideally Xin charges, Lee Sin W, point blank Q, follow up if they flash away, E so Xin can catch up. Two displacement ults, both with built in sustain. It's pretty strong.

Succinct Lizard

01-12-2013

/

Dragor480

01-24-2013

Revive, feel the glory of the bot lanes once more gd

Gooey Panties

02-02-2013

Oh la la

Isfirrius

02-25-2013

Ok, time to say mine:

AD Malzahar + Nautilus: for the ones who not know, his voidlings scale with 1.0 of his AD. Almost anyone that remain locked in the 6s Nautilus CC will melt from AAs of Malz and 2 voidlings even without any of his spells.

AP Rammus + Fiddlesticks: Rammus ratios, the opponent ADC hesitating to AA him, FD passive and the conjunction of DoTs + CCs make this lane a nightmare.

LeBlanc + Janna: This works more than one way: hybrid sustained burst beggining with Nashor's, AoE on-hiter juker with Runaan's + Frozen Mallet or straight assassination with IE + Sword of the Divine, but will 'only' work if you mastered LeBlanc inside out, know the match-ups and to shutdown the supports and go roaming earlier before the teamfights phase.

Runaan's Thresh + Blitzcrank: Ok, Blitztar 3.5, but with the Runaan's an AD Thresh can stack up souls a lot more and earlier that even counter-jungling becames an option.

Diana + Leona: I summon you, IronStylus! XD

Mordekaiser + Yorick: The oldie but not mentioned goldie "Ghost of your Ghost".

Nasus + Karma/Soraka: Karma support falls off late game? Don't worry; let her take the kills for few AP items and you still have a 600 damage punch on the turrets by the egyptian dog. Also Soraka, despite tranforming this in the passivest lane I know in LoL, helps to survive the ranged harass of the enemy ADC. Put Quinn or Urgot top for great justice.

Syndra + Heimerdinger: Bug allowing 3 turrets + turret repositioning. But this one is the cheesiest of all :/

AD Kennen + Leona: Build a Runaan's and stun them foreva.

Zed + Karma: I've heard the word "repositioning"? No, maybe it's just "nukes".

Fiora + Lulu: I felt with this unintentionally and went 0-1-31, and we stomped a Graves + Taric hard. Needs to be investigated.

Xerath + Leona: Caitlyn and Nidalee out-ranging you? Let me show you something... No way to escape his full ulti, and penetrating that passive with almost real damage. But be sure to build early mana and CDR.

Ziggs + Singed: You used to throw them in gas + adhesive? Now throw them in gas + adhesive + mines + charge and zone them endlessly. Thresh, despite lacking the gas, has 2 skills for the cause intended.

Ryze + Nami: Ryze snares and Nami lands all her load with no dodging. Repeat.

There must be research for more, and obviously not all are intended for the bot lane. I don't know if it were the players' skill, but the often cited Jarvan IV + Leona was shut down so hard by me as Miss Fortune and Soraka that the first time I went base I was able to buy an Infinity Edge...

Goldie threadie needie bumpie :P

ValderiusRex

02-27-2013

Season 3 is here and it's time to revive the old project! Keep your eyes peeled over the next few days for old favorites and new contenders, all updated for recent items, champions, and strategies.