Valderius' Totally Awesome Duo Lanes That Work! (and why they do)

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takasugimasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

i was going to upvote until i read caitlyn nidalee

FearTheSkorpion

06-28-2012

Wow that was a fast Red post O.o

crzymdscntst

06-28-2012

Shaco + Leblanc was one of my favorites of personal lane synergy that I've played, since the hops and boxes allow for one to have sufficient awareness without wards, much less with them. The hop on both of them allows for an out-of-nowhere assassination.

Not to mention the clones. Oh the clones.

The overall level of CC and damage really allows quick and accurate target removal. While pokes take their toll, the ability to zone is easy enough with caution and know-how. Both champs also typically can escape certain... unfortunate cases.

It'd be nice to see your take on the idea. Also the combos given are quite nice all around, even if I think the Urgot/Shaco one is gimmicky as heck.

sXc Umbra

06-28-2012

So i'm not the only one who wants to push for blitz naut

Shuggles

Senior Recruiter

06-28-2012

Those...those aren't even fair! Well played, OP. Well played indeed.

eggsaladactyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

If I could suggest one more combo that works incredibly well.

Darius and Fiddlesticks, and here's why.

You can easily start golems while taking barely any damage based on whether Fiddle takes W or E first. My usualy duo partner takes E most of the time and I might end up losing half a bar. I start Q and run flat AD runes. The amount of damage you can pull off with Darius Q and Fiddle E at level 1 is absurd. We've killed people many times from my Q at the edge, his E bouncing and hitting the enemy twice, and ignite.

Most of the time we hang back until level 3 if the enemy team is being cautious, knowing our damage output. After 3 though, if I land a grab or Fiddle lands a fear, they are dead. Darius E, W, Fiddle E, Darius Q, Fiddle Q, W, and it is almost guaranteed they will die. Once you hit level 6, it is simply too much CC for the enemy team to handle and you can cut down a single target with Darius ult extremely quickly after full combo with Fiddle. Fiddle's ult can be used deceptively and I often will bait the enemies in to thinking they can take me out, only to have Fiddle ult in after they have full stacks of my passive and I finish with ult.

It's an incredibly devastating combo if you can play highly aggressive with your lane partner. We rarely lose our lane with this combo.

Edit: Glad to see some people like my combo idea.

Here is another that I play with the same guy who does Fiddlesticks in the last combo.

Pantheon and Brand, and here's why.

Both of these champions are notoriously difficult to lane against. They can apply a lot of pressure with easy harass. Pantheon has his Q and his shield to counter harass or take a tower shot while still Q'ing the enemy. My buddy who play Brand is extremely good with him, which helps, but his W is incredible amounts of poke. If I either land my W or he lands his W/E+Q then we can chain stun them and 9/10 through our harass, a full combo will guarantee a kill.

Another great thing about this combo is that Brand can clear minions easily enough that he could hold the tower 2v1 while Pantheon can easily assist in counter-counter jungling or ganking mid.

If set up well, running back in to lane, Pantheon ult a bit behind the enemy champions you are laning against, hopefully landing slightly in one and timing it properly so they start to bail as Brand gets there. Brand ult thrown in there while you both stun an opponent and with the rest of your kit, it's easy clean up.

Extremely fun combo again if you like HIGHLY aggressive kill lanes.

Viktorious Alekt

06-28-2012

I do Ori/Xin Zhao with my friend sometimes.

Teh holiday beef

06-28-2012

bumping this

Kidro

06-28-2012

what about that blitz shaco?

1)box up brush
2)hook em in
3)???
4)Profit

UrAllDiSeASeD

06-28-2012

There is so much fun you can have kill laning bot, even if you just trade off waves for CC. So many you could add to this list.

Some of the other champions like Sion, Garen, J4, Wukong and even Renekton comes to mind. As long as you make sure to have burst/CC these lanes can easily **** on the Meta bot lane Ranged AD/Support.

12345612 ... 46