Mundo Hire New Help to Announce Skins and Champions Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA KrispyKreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Have there been any LeBlanc skin sales yet?

Írillyth

06-28-2012

Even if she can never match Mundo in intellect, how about we have Ahri be our new spokesperson. I'm sure having her would be simply charming.

Klezdoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2012

I believe Sona would make a fine spokeswoman. Give her a go.

Mysnomer

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimerdinger View Post
*Snip*
I want to thank you, Riot, for realizing that while Mundo was entertaining, the frequency of posting required for the sales was not allowing for proper development of the scenario inciting the sale. This is a subtle and storyline sensitive way of switching them up, and I'm really glad they're asking for feedback. That said, I don't feel Heimerdinger has much potential, as his schtick requires making up big words and stating things in roundabout fashion. I think more concise, punchy humor is what this series needs. What really works is focusing on the mundane office life aspects. Might I suggest having other regal champions (Lord Darius, King Tryndamere, etc.) pose as rival department heads with competing sales? The Medical Ninjas have potential as in-company medical care; Hextech characters all have a connection to R&D; bandit/pirate/vandal/mafia characters can either be corporate raiders working for Mundo, or third parties holding sales of the loot they've acquired (think the Homeboy Shopping Channel sketches from In Living Color); Infiltrator Irelia and Secret Agent Miss Fortune can do a sort of corporate espionage bit (though I don't think this has much potential, maybe if they were competitors and had a rivalry, sort of a "I knew you would do that so I did this" spy game?); Statue of Karthus as one of those advertisers you see on the corner in the mascot costumes, waving signs (he would endlessly complain under his breath, but either Mundo has dirt on him, or Pentakill isn't doing so well so they all have to get part-time jobs; the latter allows for the other band members to be potential shills as well); Harbinger Kassadin could show up every-so-often predicting the end of the world, and thus selling off his worldly possessions (I think the humor would have to come from over the top declarations of the goofiest possible impending disaster); Brolaf was good (though his story material might be even more strained then Mundo's); finally, the Riot Squad can sell confiscated items, like a police auction.

Now, I haven't really filtered any of my suggestions, I just found any skins I thought would fit the structure of these stories. The most important part is to have a champion with a unique voice and a clever, punchy line for each item on sale. Things like "Graves take headhunting literally, shoot candidates in face," are gold (ignoring the fact that Headhunter Yi should have gotten the headhunting joke). If you can keep the spirit of these sort of one-liners, while also having the dialogue in-character for whoever is presenting the sale, I think you will do well.

ChaosX1

06-28-2012

Mordekaiser for spokesperson

Roxxs

06-28-2012

Viktor should be the new spokesman!

Baraqel

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klezdoom View Post
I believe Sona would make a fine spokeswoman. Give her a go.
there is probably some sort of joke i'm missing here but isn't Sona mute?

daemiion

06-28-2012

I want to see Gragas make an appearance. Or Teemo. If we want a female rep i think Katarina or Nidalee

Írillyth

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
I want to thank you, Riot,...I think you will do well.
Upvoted for awesome, still sticking with Ahri though.

GentlemanLeif

06-28-2012

i really just like these sale posts for the writing. Mundo is great and i really liked heim's perspective as well, amazing and hilarious as always. Please keep rotating the champs forced to do the sale, it's fun seeing their little manerisms and opinions of each other, helps flesh out each champ's personality.