Tips on carrying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MistaBarnacles

10-17-2013

Hey guys. I'm currently in Bronze IV and I would really like to get silver by the end of the season. I've noticed that in most of the games I lose I still do well stat wise (Good K/D/A, A lot of CS) and I was wondering how I can carry better? I play mid lane Orianna and....I don't want to sound like "that guy" but most of the teams I get just rage at each other and lack in skill. I've improved so much since my provisionals in which I placed Bronze III, but I can't seem to get out. It feels like other people are holding me back. Any advice is appreaciated. Thanks.

MarhsallLee67

10-17-2013

buy wards, and don't stop buying them. vision allows for plays to be made. plays let you win games.

constantly give encouragement, whether somebody makes a good play, takes down a tower, etc. for the most part, staying positive is the key to working better as a team and winning your games.

Zerashen

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarhsallLee67 View Post
buy wards, and don't stop buying them. vision allows for plays to be made. plays let you win games.

constantly give encouragement, whether somebody makes a good play, takes down a tower, etc. for the most part, staying positive is the key to working better as a team and winning your games.
^ What he said. You'd be surprised how grateful some supports can be when they see you buying a ward or three. Vision helps prevent ganks, and makes it less likely to be caught alone.

When the team rages, try to help guide them to objectives. Ping Drake and go (if able), say things like "good job" when you guys get kills. If possible, try to help not only yourself, but the whole team get fed.

Looking at your match history, I can't say much. You have decent scores and items, I'd say (with no sarcasm, just sincere) try to die less, though you're not doing badly there either.

Telosa

10-17-2013

If you're succeeding in lane, then immediately attempt to communicate your success for your teammates. Even if you have a lead on your lane opponent, there are potentially 4 other players on the other team who are as fed or more so than you are. This means you have to get your teammates up to par as soon as possible. In some cases, that means ganking the other lanes (especially with Wukong. God I love Wukong's level 6 gank on mid or bot lane). In others, it means making plays in order for your teammates to score kills. Also, if you're a tank/support and your other teammates are having problems, then a early Aegis of the Legion will do wonders in teamfights.

Also, if you're trying to carry, then you have to occasionally be overly cautious and selfish. You should always stay where you have vision (which means buying wards whenever you can). You can't necessarily be in every team fight and you can't necessarily sacrifice yourself to make plays. You have no guarantee your teammates are going to follow up (or even survive that your teammates will survive in that teamfight long enough for you to get there) and sometimes the best choice is to split push/farm/take dragon.

Finally, this above all else - keep your teammates motivated. Even if you're doing fabulously, you potentially have up to four teammates having the worst time of their lives. Congratulate them on good plays, motivate them when they do badly and back them up when you can. Sometimes the best thing you can do is ask your teammates to switch lanes or abandon your lane to help your teammates succeed.

Good luck man. Happy carrying.

Ulipsus

10-18-2013

I can stomach a rage cause that can be blocked.

What's hard is radio silence when everything is going wrong. No one is pinging and jungle is not responding to assist calls. It's like knowing you've lost when your team is completely oblivious to their behaviour. Self-involved so to speak.

Best thing to do is keep an eye out for repeat deaths on your front initially and then suggest a switch in form or tactics. Cause opening game is most important.

When support is not warding and no one is buying a single one except yourself
There's nothing that can be done under those circumstances.

Hawk Kawa

10-18-2013

Ori is a champ that can win a teamfight with a good ult.
I just carried a ranked game where we were losing by ~12 kills, but every teamfight i got 3 or more in my ult, and walked away with triple kills every time. learn to position, be able to peel for the adc if they are doing well, and if not, try to keep yourself alive.

I RARELY play ori in soloq, because she has to rely on her team so much.
She can win a teamfight, but just doesnt seem to carry well if your team doesnt peel, or just plays wrong.

eternal0v3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaBarnacles View Post
Hey guys. I'm currently in Bronze IV and I would really like to get silver by the end of the season. I've noticed that in most of the games I lose I still do well stat wise (Good K/D/A, A lot of CS) and I was wondering how I can carry better? I play mid lane Orianna and....I don't want to sound like "that guy" but most of the teams I get just rage at each other and lack in skill. I've improved so much since my provisionals in which I placed Bronze III, but I can't seem to get out. It feels like other people are holding me back. Any advice is appreaciated. Thanks.
Even with good kda you can't win game because kda isnt point of the game.The game is about getting the nexus. So like if you get kills bot or something like both bot died or 1 died and one back. You can be getting dragon and the tower. like in mid game if you kill 3 people you should do baron or get tower.