Twisted Treeline Ranked Solo/Duo Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

06-29-2012

So the fear of a lacking community is going to prevent you from opening up the game. Thus starving said game from new customers who see it as just another game in it's respective category. Nice plan Riot.

ps this is not a hate comment just saying that this argument is flawed. Why make lol so basic in points of ways to play. lets hope that dota 2 listens to the community

Zinwrath

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I've answered this question a few times already, but population concerns and queue times.

i'm sorry, i keep seeing this population concerns and que times ****...and it is ****. Draft picked dominion games went from almost instant 3 months after launch to now...8-15 minute wait. And its not just "a lot of people who played dominion went to summoners rift" no...i have 11 friends, most i know irl and some i met playing dominion who came back to play the game simply FOR dominion. They have all quit, all eleven of em, i can even give you account names if you think i'm spouting bull and you can see when they quit all around the same time. I've asked a few of em irl why, they all say the same thing...dominion feels like a joke cuz people who join it screw around and say "its just a practice mode for trying out new champs" and that it has no competitive field like they thought it would. What not having ranked dominion does is throw away potential customers thats all. WHen dominion was out i'd occasionally go back to summoners rift...didnt see a drop in que times there. Most people i know who were still playing summoners rift at that time hated dominion and thats why. In short i dont buy this excuse for not having ranked dominion and i'd like a better scapegoat or fantasy reasoning i can buy.

Demonfranky

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvi View Post
Why is there STILL no solo/duo ranked queues for Twisted Treeline?

This is beyond me, seeing as Riot has been extremely lazy to not implement a new map (wat is magma chambrs lolidunno)
Nor game modes.

For christ's sake, you could at the VERY VERY VERY BARE Minimum copy paste the 1v1 tutorial map and make it queue-able. Be it for 1v1's or 5's (similar to ARAM)

I'm astounded by how dumb this is.

I demand a red to answer!
I wish people could take the time and consideration to look up Riot's current projects and notice how hard they are at releasing new maps and etc. It is not really motivating to finish these projects if you have ingrateful ***holes who go on a rant about how they aren't do enough...

Th3 Herbalist

06-29-2012

My question is, last Sunday when the servers went down.. Just before it, there was a solo queue 3s option. Was this intentional?

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Words of caution yet again in case you haven't read them elsewhere; If you DO get around to enabling a Ranked Solo/Duo queue for Dom/TT, please disable Normal Draft. It will be unhealthy for the community to be separated amongst too many different queues, sticking to 2 game-types for all non-SR game-modes will be for the best.

Reprisal

Recruiter

06-30-2012

The reason that there are population issues with dominion and summoners rift is bc there is NO ranked. Giving people no reason to practice normal games before doing ranked games.

ZehNetoBR

09-19-2012

So, what can people do if they want something more from TT? Play Ranked teams? Or nothing at all?

Arbiter Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Duo queue wouldnt make sense in TT as its 3v3 but I guess it would reduce queue times and I would liked to see any type of ranked in TT other then premade, unless a premade queue where you can invite ppl from other team is introduced (a idea worth looking at). I myself play SR 19/20 of the 20 times I play but if a new ranked was introduced to TT I would definitely start playing more TT probably 1/2 or 1/3 times.

AjesN7

12-26-2012

i'd love to play ranked TT... i feel more confortable playing TT than SR, its faster and simple to queue with teammates

Nerdsinc

12-26-2012

Well, I think solo and duo queue would be awesome. Sometimes I really feel like banning Darius but my friends aren't online to play with me... ;c

You should just try to put it in beta and see how it goes. I'd personally play Solo and Duo alot and so would many of my friends.