Riot, let us zoom the camera out already!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villiroth

09-01-2010

Simple, dont let it zoom all the way out. Just another roll or two of the wheel.

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

Villiroth: I think that's what the OP was hoping for... To at least be able to see your LoS.

mokaisaotomee

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAPanda View Post
What is this infamous problem? Purple team has an extreme disadvantage to the other team due to the fact that the camera does not even come close to showing the full portion of what you're lighted area is. I've been skill shot and hit by other skills and attacks from enemies I couldn't even see!
This is the part that bugs me. As a purple player laning bottom, your only choices are to either move all the way down to the southernmost edge of the grass and hope you don't get pushed back or unbind the camera, moving it manually so you're able to see the enemy below you. For those who don't normally unbind their camera this can an extremely frustrating experience.

Assuming being able to zoom out further would affect game balance, how about instead the ability to rotate the camera, or even something as simple as a click of a button which will rotate the field 180 degrees so that purple appears on bottom to the player. Either one of thee solutions would go a long way to solve the natural team imbalance that comes with Summoner's Rift.

Anivionics

09-01-2010

You'll learn over time that camera unlocked is much easier to play than with locked. I used to play locked also, and have a 30+ page thread on this same issue.

Then one day i gave unlocked camera a real shot and ive never looked back.

CanAPanda

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
This is already possible from a tech perspective, but is likely never to be allowed for reasons of game balance. The camera distance was specifically selected to show you a portion of the battlefield, and it is part of the learning curve of skills you pick up to be able to watch the battlefield with both your view and the mini map. If we let you zoom out, it would change the skill requirements for various tiers of play dramatically.
I've read and re-read this many times and I am having extreme difficulty understanding how this would in any way affect game balance. Balance as defined by dictionary.reference.com is the following 1. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
This leads me to believe that allowing 1 team to scroll out and the other not to would create an imbalance. However this is not the case, since we would be allowing both teams to zoom out. In fact the game designers created an imbalance when setting up the camera and map by crippling purple team's view of their surroundings.

Yet after reading your statement a few times I feel that you have misunderstood what exactly I am asking, I am not asking to expand the light radius generated by a champion minion, turret, or anything else. I'm simply asking for the ability to see my full light radius.

Please explain to me in detail how allowing the camera to zoom out would imbalance the game because I fail to see this.

CanAPanda

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoody View Post
You'll learn over time that camera unlocked is much easier to play than with locked. I used to play locked also, and have a 30+ page thread on this same issue.

Then one day i gave unlocked camera a real shot and ive never looked back.
I've tried an entire week with unlocked camera and I noticed many things, I get less kills, I die more often, my eyes are like "wtf mate" and my brain is like "hey go kill yourself *******"

mokaisaotomee

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAPanda View Post
I've tried an entire week with unlocked camera and I noticed many things, I get less kills, I die more often, my eyes are like "wtf mate" and my brain is like "hey go kill yourself *******"
Ditto. I lose a lot of self-awareness while unlocked; I often lose track of where I am and the enemy creeping up on me. I can understand the benefits of an unlocked camera for those who are able to make use of it , though it should still remain very much an optional choice and not punish players on one team more for not using it than the other.

Karuma

09-02-2010

I think if we could relocate the locked or space bar quick snap point to a different place on our screen it would solve things, maybe I need more southern vision so Ill snap my champion to somewhere higher on my screen.

Villiroth

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuma View Post
I think if we could relocate the locked or space bar quick snap point to a different place on our screen it would solve things, maybe I need more southern vision so Ill snap my champion to somewhere higher on my screen.
Too complicated, just let EVERYONE zoom out 1-2 more times.

Murti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

I would like to zoom out when im on top base but I don't want to at bottom base... So there should be an option...

12345612 ... 15