Morgana, is she OP as some players think?

Yes 58 23.20%
No 192 76.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Morgana Controversy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Oliveira

08-31-2010

She just needs 2 slight changes:

Her problems are not her damage output, it is her shield and ulti.

Her Shield makes it impossible for casters to put out much damage against her at all in lanes, because it has a VERY low cd and scales with AP.

Her BIGGEST problem is her ulti because since you can't Cleanse the leash off, it will ALWAYS double stun you if you do not have a flash, because you sure as hell are not gonna stun her with that shield on her.

Nerf Black Shield cd by like 3 seconds, and remove the slow from her leash so people can actually escape it, because even with ghost it is impossible if you are the same move speed as her.

Unlike Nunu, she isn't standing still with her slow, she follows you.

Anyone who thinks her damage output is the issue doesn't know Morgana.

YYZed

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmz View Post
=\ So an instant 1:1 ratio beats a triple bang by Annie? No. You can also get out of the second tick. Also, nerf DFG whilst you are at it. 30% of my hp oh noes.
No need to nerf it. If they nerf it, I'll go with 0.9
I said ignore the aftershock as at best Morgana will probably only get the aftershock on one target if she isnt focused down.

Also Annie doesnt have near the amount of utility that Morgana has.

Also Annie's WR is a 1.3 Ratio (the AoE component) with another 0.6 added on by Q.
But annie's AoE is no where near as large as Morgana's as Morgana can easily position herself to land 3-5 targets with her shackles.
Meanwhile Annie will combo 2-3 people. for a 1.3 ratio vs Morgana's 1:1 Ratio on 3-5 people.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-31-2010

I think her ult does a little too much damage for a support character, but other than that, I think she's in a good spot.

YYZed

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Oliveira View Post
She just needs 2 slight changes:

Her problems are not her damage output, it is her shield and ulti.

Her Shield makes it impossible for casters to put out much damage against her at all in lanes, because it has a VERY low cd and scales with AP.

Her BIGGEST problem is her ulti because since you can't Cleanse the leash off, it will ALWAYS double stun you if you do not have a flash, because you sure as hell are not gonna stun her with that shield on her.

Nerf Black Shield cd by like 3 seconds, and remove the slow from her leash so people can actually escape it, because even with ghost it is impossible if you are the same move speed as her.

Unlike Nunu, she isn't standing still with her slow, she follows you.

Anyone who thinks her damage output is the issue doesn't know Morgana.
This Very short cd on Black shield is 17 seconds, 15.5 seconds assuming she is going 9/0/21 It's fine as it has to be timed perfectly.

peanutman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Glad to see that we can get some discussion going without a boat-load of insults and downvotes.

Vichar

08-31-2010

Riot knows all about Morgana. Ban her in ranked if you want to. Stop with the nerf Morgana threads already, please.

Sartuk

08-31-2010

Morgana's a really, really good champion. But generally speaking, mid A-Tier champs probably shouldn't be nerfed. Isn't the eventual goal for every champ to be A or at least B tier? Nerfing Morgana badly would be a step back, not a step forward.

So no, she's not OP.

Unclephillip

08-31-2010

The only changes Morg neeeds is Black Shield to 5 seconds and her ult canceling while under the effects of Zhonya.

Aquifn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutman View Post
I seriously think that the only problem with her, as far as being OP is concerned, is her passive.

Early game, she uses Tormented Soil on all of your minions and regains almost half of her HP. Also, she is able to do this without using hardly any mana.

Not saying this deserves a nerf, it's just annoying as hell to lane against her.
It actually uses a lot of her mana. She's fairly mana intensive as far as her offensive spells go. Which I believe is to counter the fact that her shield is cheap. Early game its very, very easy to run out of mana with her. It's pretty much required she gets golem in order to stay in team fights later on.

peanutman

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
Riot knows all about Morgana. Ban her in ranked if you want to. Stop with the nerf Morgana threads already, please.
You're calling this a "nerf Morgana thread"?

Way to make a VERY hasty generalization.