Riot, what the hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Not to mention that some "asian dude" who posted a thread about being offended by people using the "n-word" was downvoted to oblivion and given the response "shut up and farm more rice" <--- which was upvoted like hell.

This forum is srsly messed these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostles View Post
Why do people get so mad over this kind of stuff. It's the internet. If you dont want to deal with jerks, racists, etc then cancel your internet subscription.
Its not that I get mad, its that it saddens me to see that people actually think its even ACCEPTABLE to EVER be racist like that. And chances are.... if people can be jerkwads on the internet, it means they're jerkwads in real life or are capable of being jerkwads in real life. Its hard to explain really... but think of it this way... if you "swear that you're just racist on internet," chances are you have some racist tendencies embedded in your personality... and frankly i hate ******s... thats all.

Picklesnshakes

08-31-2010

They straight up deleted the Ban Brazilians thread. It had +250 upvotes and made at least one valid point that South American players should have their own server due to language barriers. Noone like to play with teammates who aren't able to communicate and work together; this goes both ways.

But instead it is deleted, not even closed (as it should have been after page 25). I'm curious to see where Riot stands on this issue, and disappointed to see their reaction so far.

Sid

08-31-2010

jajajaja

Zielmann

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostles View Post
Why do people get so mad over this kind of stuff. It's the internet. If you dont want to deal with jerks, racists, etc then cancel your internet subscription.
While yes, the existence of the threads is bothersome in itself, they -should- be getting closed almost instantly...

The bothersome part is how much support they get. And the fact that Riot hasn't closed them themselves. I'm sure they are busy, but the threads have been around long enough at this point that I'm sure one of them has seen them and could close/delete them pretty quick.

And people arguing that we should 'just ignore it' is a bit bothersome as well...

CV01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

There is a huge difference between claiming White Superiority and simply not wanting to play with a certain group of people. Brazil is not a race. Mexico is not a race. They are cultures, and every culture is different. You would have to be a huge *******/race apologist to claim that not wanting to play with Brazilians makes you a racist. And insinuating that white people wanting a seperate server for BR's is analogous to being in the KKK makes you the racist, *******.

Venom Stoneice

08-31-2010

Just to be clear, the reason these people want Brazilians banned from American servers is not because they are racist and don't want to deal with people of another race. The problem is that communication is important in this game, and it is infinitely more difficult to communicate with someone who can't speak the same language as you.

They aren't suggesting they just get banned from LoL flat out, rather that Riot make a South-American server for them to play on.

DemonicTrashcan

08-31-2010

Because it is completely Riot's fault for attracting racist players.

Untrue, Riot has made a fun and popularized game, with the player-base increasing more every day, there are bound to be racists.

And are people really complaining about LoL? This game is largely localized in North America, in comparison to DotA for instance the amount of racism is much higher.

Some of the "racist" ideals of players have their legitimate roots. I for one have played multiple games where players were of a different ethnicity/country and I could not communicate. I try to tell them to gank or offer advice on what items they're making, (since they're doing it wrong,) however none of my messages get across the language barrier. LoL like any MOBA is a heavily team-based game, and if the team can't communicate then it's potential is severely crippled. Although I have no personal problem with any of these players, shouldn't they be playing in servers based in their own country/area?

And in the end- should you really even care? Racism has been around practically since human civilization began. Do you honestly truly care what some random people think about you and your race? If you brutally destroy a player in a game and makes fun of your race, isn't it just that bad player trying to make up for his/her own insecurities in a pathetic and insolent way?

If some random player, who could easily be a jobless 40 year old living in his mom's basement, calls you a ****er, should you go cry about it? Or should you realize that you're clearly a person living up to a higher standard and care not about some random's person's worthless opinion. The main reason racism is still such a big deal is because people care too much- it's not a big deal.

I just read a thread moments ago by some Asian kid who saw people calling others ****ers and was "offended." I was like seriously dude?! You're not even black, and if you were, why should you care? If racism really offends you that much, why flood Riot's email inboxes with useless complaints to ban players who will simply make new accounts, why not just lock yourself in a cave and never come out? Because all societies contain racist people and racist remarks will continue to be made for a long time, so either laugh it off and accept it, or just suck it up and stop complaining.

tl;dr No one cares, stop complaining.

Lord Oliveira

08-31-2010

Americans don;t know wtf racist means because you've had the far left tell you anything that shows a difference between someone of one culture or another is racist.

Go read a dictionary scrub. If you can't make distinctions between different things because it is "racist" then the left wing looney-toon Marxists control your thoughts like a zombie.