Impossible to carry yourself out of garbage elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taconight

08-31-2010

i quit a while ago, came back started up ranked. I did okay had some connection problems my first week and got a few leaves accidentally, which set me back. Still made it up to 1400 my first week. usually games, up and down etc.

last week i hit a slump that was worse than the boston redsox and literally went from 1400 to 1100 in a week. i got so frustrated i lost friends online, actually raged at a good friend and ended up just making a smurf. i took a few a days off thinking maybe i was bringing a losing attitude.

came back in, about 5 games was carrying every game no matter what i was playing and losing 12/3 with twitch, 15/1 wit gragas, 10/2 with zil, you name it, and still losing. Played with a friend later thaat night , was playing zil, we got a garbage team, my friend screaming at me , we got into a fight and we removed eachother off friends lists. He was higher elo trying to help me so we ended up with low elo on our team , enemy team all high elo. I ended up going like 0/8 my friend 1/11 who was supposedly "HIGH ELO".

i went as far as to seek advice from some of the people i knew that played well, watching livestreams, jumped in dan dinh's vent etc. tried to take a more active role in the team, placing wards, setting up ganks lanes etc.

so i went to my smurf, i am doing really well but it sucks that i invested so much time and money on 5 rune pages, all the champs owned etc, and i can't even enjoy the account anymore in ranked.

Anyways, last night got a hair up my ass to come back and mess around in a ranked just see if i could play midcarryplank and some other oddball champs and carry. my first game i went vlad, i did okay , we had 2 afker's. second game i felt warmed up and ran the plank going like 16/5 and lost.

right now it doesnt feel like solo q ranked is working. if you decide to play , and you are somewhat decent you are flipping a coin every game, and sometimes it feels like the games are predetermined b4 they even start.

here is the problem, no matter how good you are. One person doesnt win games. On the flip side, ONE PERSON SURE CAN LOSE THEM THOUGH.

im enjoying my smurf , im getting pinned against alot of lvl 30's which is challenging but in no way near as bad as the cluster **** that was solo q ranked.

something is srsly wrong with the system. just my two cents.

Krackor

08-31-2010

It's much easier to carry games with champs that can enable tower kills and teamfight wins than champs that excel at single-champ ganks. Junglers are great for the first purpose, ganking a lane, forcing a bluepill, then pushing an early tower. Of course tanks are great for the second purpose.

Unclephillip

08-31-2010

You don't just have to carry 4 players but be better than all 4 of the other team as well because their 5th person is the you of their team.

Nuclear Squirrel

08-31-2010

Akali isn't a good enough carry to win with. There is your problem right there.

Raptamei

08-31-2010

I heard if you have an insane KDA the numbers will fall off the HUD, crush the nearest enemy tower, roll their way to the nexus and destroy it.

ITT: typical Akali player that ganks and ganks and ganks and wonders why this doesn't magically kill the nexus like the kill streak nuke in MW2.

True Fire Rune

08-31-2010

People have a selfish mentality...they are the only ones to get bad players in there mind, and Im sure it affects them. None of us can watch the games, so we can't truly see whats going wrong. I read 10/2 with Zilean, and I percieve that as you playing wrong, because in a losing effort with Zilean you should have way more than 2 deaths, so obviously your playstyle is hindering your teammates and the overall game.

It's not even Zilean or any champ...If your team lost a game, and you have 1-3 deaths, you did something wrong. You didn't support your teammates in their choices, even if YOU believe them to be foolish, You probably ran early from team fights, or did not remain until the bitter end doing as much damage as you can.

Speusippus

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T View Post
lol 1600 is garbage lol
1600 is top 1%.

Wicked Demiurge

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconight View Post
here is the problem, no matter how good you are. One person doesnt win games. On the flip side, ONE PERSON SURE CAN LOSE THEM THOUGH.
This right here is completely true. I've had games where I started 7/0 with an early tower destruction and still lost (I've also in rare circumstances cost my team the game, but that is usually in practice games as a new champ).

My solo / duo rank queues are infinitely more luck based than my normal queues, no doubt to do a 400 ELO difference. While I'm sure in the long term it would normalize, as was famously said, in the long term, we are all dead.

For example, recently we had Fail Annie decide to commit laning terrorism and refuse to leave mid despite another player both having a carry, being geared for mid, politely requesting mid, and already being at mid. Not surprisingly, we lost. The other team had an Annie too who apparently didn't speak a word of English, but who went like 3/1/10 or some such due to not suffering from a personality disorder.

In conclusion, I feel like Ranked solo isn't an accurate depiction of your skill at all within the first few dozen games, and if you are a statistical aberration, may never be. This is a serious problem.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-31-2010

Just finished a ranked and let me give you an idea what happends at 1370 rating:
Bans:Garen/Amumu/Ezreal/Shaco. I am last to pick so obviously 1370 was the lowest elo for my team.

Opposing team 1st pick: Urgot
My team first pick:Anivia

Great so far.

Opposing team 2nd and 3rd pick:
Morgana+Shen.

My team's 2nd and 3rd pick:
Zilean+Prolaf.

Opposing team 4th and 5th pick.
Taric+Udyr.

My team's 4th pick:
Akali.
My pick, 5th and final:
Morde to tank.

It baffles me that people who supposedly have some knowledge of the game insist on not countering the opposing team's picks.

The rest of the game was a stun+taunt fest which could have been avoided if the brain was used.

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

The problem was your team picked Akali and Morde to tank =/ Morde is more of an offtank, no good initiation really to force the enemy team to focus you.