You wanna know why Blizzard and every company is so cold and uncaring?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good thing I wear chainmail boxers.

Morello es #1 tank. Hue.
I remember Ghostcrawler saying something similar.

Then he disappeared and never talked to the people on the forums again.

I'd hate to see that happen to you. Molerlo pls.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
We're gonna do Darius changes, we're just working on them. Make him less infurating and more team-friendly.

So you get an IOU - no sense it doing it fast but 1/2-way.
What you guys really need to do is to NEVER again put the following all in ONE champ:

-DoT passive with AD scaling that also gives stacking Mov. Speed
-Spammable AoE that does more dmg the safer away you are
-An On-hit slow with an auto-attack dmg enhancer that gets reduced CD depending on Passive stacks
-An AoE pull with passive Armor Penetration that goes up to 25%
-A REFRESHABLE True Damage Ult with AD scaling...

Man, just summarizing Darius made me think of what a huge let down this champion is.... So broken, broken in MANY ways....

Salganos

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Atken View Post
WoW, SC2's, and D3's customer support is miles, miles above LoL's, even when Blizzard merged with Activision. Their forums are only bad, because their player base is way way way, waaay bigger then LoL's.

I've never had a problem with Blizzards customer support division. Every friend whose gone through a bad time with their account, had it solved in a couple of days, even when the damage to it was huge. Every time I had a dispute, they went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me.

Riot, on the other hand, is a good company, but they also are freemium. You just have to take what they do with a grain of salt. They have to go out of their way to find features players would pay for, to keep their company going.

At the very least, they don't sell power. Look at a game like S4L, World of Tanks, or Dungeon Fighter Online. All of them sell huge amounts of power, to the point where you just can't win against someone who is fully geared. S4L is the worse though; they sell time limited items won by 'slot machine'. Its basically gambling, and its the number one reason why that game is terrible as hell. DFO is a little better, because there's a marketplace. But still.

LoL is good relatively to other freemium games. Theyre just terrible compared to games you pay a sub. service for, because their service is going to be better...because if they don't cater to you, you can cancel your sub. and that's a lot of (otherwise garenteed) money lost.
When WoW first came out I bought and played it. Randomly, Blizzards patches would result in some people getting what I call "perma-lag", where the instant any other player occurred in a certain range of the player the servers would cease giving feedback to the affected player. (Note that I could still send input and, say, unequip all my gear and see the effects upon relogging.) Network configuration had no effect on this problem.

Blizzard's "customer service" did not give a fraction of a **** and ignored the affected players, including myself, resulting the loss of several prepayed months. Months that, I should add, I was FORCED to buy in order to even use the one that came with the game box.

Blizzard only cares about supporting sources of money. Riot, being a F2P company, has to support everyone because that's how they get money from people. I think I like Riot better.

Astronautical

08-03-2012

@morello.
I like this thread.
I also like your responses

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutskii View Post
Darius is actually pretty balanced.

Are you gonna give in to forum QQ and neuter a champ that is so easily countered/kited and has no late game?

Makes me a bit sad.
Clearly, that's exactly what I said

Changes, not nerfs. Not buffs, both. Please stop carrying things to a ridiculous extreme and then assigning intent. THAT is hard to use!

Saigo Getsuga

08-03-2012

The cold and uncaring Blizzard corporation.

one sec later....

OMG ITS WOW; AWESOME!!!

Like Lenny said about duff beer.

Primanocte

08-03-2012

Quote:

Changes, not nerfs. Not buffs, both. Please stop carrying things to a ridiculous extreme and then assigning intent. THAT is hard to use!
He's everywhere this afternoon. Changes are good, right now he's not fun even if he's on your team.

SoloDragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

So - Better Nerf Irelia?

Diminished

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi View Post
what you guys really need to do is to never again put the following all in one champ:

-dot passive with ad scaling that also gives stacking mov. Speed
-spammable aoe that does more dmg the safer away you are
-an on-hit slow with an auto-attack dmg enhancer that gets reduced cd depending on passive stacks
-an aoe pull with passive armor penetration that goes up to 25%
-a refreshable true damage ult with ad scaling...

Man, just summarizing darius made me think of what a huge let down this champion is.... So broken, broken in many ways....
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

sleepyj101

08-03-2012

Quote:

As long as the power lvl is near the same and he stays at his straight forward, cleave face playstyle I don't care. I'm actually kinda curious as to how you're gonna fix the fun/frustrating ratio.