You wanna know why Blizzard and every company is so cold and uncaring?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pearacus

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutskii View Post
This is more of an urban legend than reality. Darius doesn't have a much higer KDA than any other top (someone made a thread on it), nor do I find Darius players more abrasive than say "mid yi, AP" ones.

Darius is flashy and when you get a jerk darius you really notice it, but I bet you dont notices that he explodes and literaly does nothing late game regardless of feed, or when there is a riven or anyone with range top shutting him down.

By the way, Cho Gath, Irelia, and a bunch of others exist that build tanky, do a lot more damage, and actually have a late game. Not theoretical "If I hit 5 times in a team fight I do so much damage", lategames, but actual late games.

Also, Ryze.

Darius can't get away with just a triforce for damage, and he has less mobility, or cc than any of those, or a bunch of others.
The problem is that he also has an intimidation factor. anyone who is man (I'm certainly not) enough to trade with him, will almost always end up on the losing side because of his bleed and tankyness.

TheEnygma

08-03-2012

Quote:
This is more of an urban legend than reality. Darius doesn't have a much higer KDA than any other top (someone made a thread on it), nor do I find Darius players more abrasive than say "mid yi, AP" ones.

Darius is flashy and when you get a jerk darius you really notice it, but I bet you dont notices that he explodes and literaly does nothing late game regardless of feed, or when there is a riven or anyone with range top shutting him down.

By the way, Cho Gath, Irelia, and a bunch of others exist that build tanky, do a lot more damage, and actually have a late game. Not theoretical "If I hit 5 times in a team fight I do so much damage", lategames, but actual late games.

Also, Ryze.

Darius can't get away with just a triforce for damage, and he has less mobility, or cc than any of those, or a bunch of others.
Even still, he needs tweaks. How do they not see that a true damage ult which refreshes on kills wouldn't be a problem? He needs those small changes that lets people not mind him in games. Cho and Irelia I can deal with but anytime a Darius is in a game, they can't resist the urge to just ult everything

Tutskii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearacus View Post
The problem is that he also has an intimidation factor. anyone who is man (I'm certainly not) enough to trade with him, will almost always end up on the losing side because of his bleed and tankyness.
Actually, He has no escape, and trading makes him use Q which pushes the line like nobody's business.

He is one of the easiest ganks in the game and has a lot of trouble managing his minion wave if harassing.

We are not talking Lee Sin, or Jax who will dive you, place a ward, and get out before the tower kills them, we are talking a champ that at most has a flash as a summoners and who needs to always go all in and is going nowhere fast.

Skwid1g

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
A character that can build all tank and still do a bunch of damage is nowhere near balanced. Playing as Darius pretty much promotes "I'm gonna be an *** hole" behavior. I mean, how can people NOT want to press that R? And playing with one on your team breeds frustration because you know he's going to want to R everybody.
You're right. For Darius to be balanced he'd need buffs at this point. He has some of the worst high Elo win %s and terrible tournament stats as well. He's just not strong. If he builds all tank his damage is pretty negligible, and he's still not very tanky.

gosuprime

08-03-2012

valve is actually a really good company

despite them not releasing HL3, as far as PR goes they are pretty **** good

Tutskii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
Even still, he needs tweaks. How do they not see that a true damage ult which refreshes on kills wouldn't be a problem? He needs those small changes that lets people not mind him in games. Cho and Irelia I can deal with but anytime a Darius is in a game, they can't resist the urge to just ult everything
For him to spam R the fight must already be won as it only refreshes on kills and without bleed stacks it doesn't really do a lot of damage.

Sure, he can clean up if he comes at the very end of a fight, but so can Akali, Yi, and a bunch of others, arguably better, as Darius's ult takes a while and if you flash out, it fails.

You can't flash out of a kick, or a Yi Q.

I really don't get this fixation with Darius when he is all things considered, not even that strong.

Oh yeah, try running from Irelia.

pearacus

08-03-2012

Quote:
Actually, He has no escape, and trading makes him use Q which pushes the line like nobody's business.

He is one of the easiest ganks in the game and has a lot of trouble managing his minion wave if harassing.

We are not talking Lee Sin, or Jax who will dive you, place a ward, and get out before the tower kills them, we are talking a champ that at most has a flash as a summoners and who needs to always go all in and is going nowhere fast.
He doesn't need an escape for solo top. you're going to be the one trying to escape, but he just drags you back with his hook. If you coordinate a good gank, that's a different story, but he can still take a good chunk of your health while running cause of his bleed and q. Usually if a darius is going to dive you, if he knows what he is doing, he will check for exhaust, his flash up, and make sure he can tank the tower.

9Point

08-03-2012

I think its because Blizzard treats all there games like there children.

No, they don't care about there community. They care about there game. No selling it. Not hyping it. Just the game.

Its like telling a parent how to raise their child. That is how Blizzard treats there games.

Tutskii

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearacus View Post
He doesn't need an escape for solo top. you're going to be the one trying to escape, but he just drags you back with his hook. If you coordinate a good gank, that's a different story, but he can still take a good chunk of your health while running cause of his bleed and q. Usually if a darius is going to dive you, if he knows what he is doing, he will check for exhaust, his flash up, and make sure he can tank the tower.
wat.

Solo top if you don't have an escape or good warding, you stay on your side of the river because there is a jungler in the bush waiting to whisper sweet nothings in your ear, always.

And I'm in Elo hell.

I don't get why people hate darius beyond all reason.

Markanaya

08-03-2012

Thread is so true.