@Riot, @FeralPony, @Morello, what truly saddens me about your company....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

11-06-2012

..Is that you probably don't even care about what I'm about to say right now:

The past ~2 years I have played this game, I have been very active on the forums from the start.
Always checking out NA discussions while mostly posting my own ideas on EU (Didn't have NA-post account back then).

In this amount of time (2 years) I have either been the author/creator or die-hard 'supporter' of various number of threads:

-Threads to improve the community drastically

-Threads to improve (ranked) matchmaking

-Threads for new game-modes or maps

-Threads suggesting (how to) rework/update very outdated and/or unpopular champions

-Threads wanting to discuss opinions/point of views of Riot

-Thread for a revolutionary champion-concept

Most of these threads were solid, constructive and god so viable ideas to just simply 'do them' as a result having thousands of even more happier players.

After all of this it is safe to say that the roughly ~100 hours I have spent thinking, writing, posting, editing, bumping, replying, 'loving' these threads, has all been in vain.
Not only can all active EU forum-members safely say all of their opinions or threads are worth no value, but even threads on NA not containing solid previous/personal statements that have been stated by specific Riot'ers, or threads not as 'demanding' for a red reply, are either completely avoided or ignored.

I take that very personal and I do not believe I would be the only who could say their faith and trust in your company got (severely) damaged by this fact. I understand I sound very dramatic, but on certain degree it does 'strike' me like this.
It leaves me wondering how much you take us seriously (especially speaking for EU now), in fact I question how seriously you take yourselves ?

Examples:

-Dominion was hyped about for rather a long time before release, it comes out: It get's zero support from the beginning. Ranked mode not available, and so on.

If you've made ranked available from the start, people would probably be even more eager to get their hands on this game mode and further develop/test it.
Some extremer form/sort of 'meta' or direction would be created by the community and would even help you balance/develop the process of balancing/changing/developing Dominion even further.
Everyone knew and would accept the fact it would be/is unbalanced. This was unavoidable.
This shouldn't be a reason to not have a ranked queu though, IMO.

Now, dominion still attracts ~3 types of players: Dedicated but very dissapointed dominion players, significantly worse/less-skilled players not really having a clue what they're doing, AFK'ers troll'ers (hihi i go afk or hihi i do random **** it's dominion anyway) type of people.

You've even stopped mentioning Dominion in champion spotlights.

-Insane amounts of money/prize-pool in tournament: Stage 'designed' in a way players could cheat by peaking at mini-map (like what !?), dissapointing measures taken when teams actually have used this to their advantage. (IMO and lot's of others opinions: DQ 'em)
Furthermore: Tons of disconnects, the need of XX amount of remakes of games allthrough season II in tournaments due to extremely bad internet connection, systemproblems and so forth.

-Announcements on EU forums. Non-existant, every post considering balance changes, patches being delayed, problems with patches, information over upcoming stuff such as champions, items and tons of other stuff has to be copy/pasted on the EU forums. Every important red post gets threated like this.

Then occasionally once a day in ~6 months you'll see reds replying on stuf back on EU, reds you've never seen before, responding to threads with amazing speed and frequency.
Day later it's basically 'trololol' And you'll never see them again.

-Feralpony reponds to (a) 'Complexity for the sake of complexity' thread (Wich I was extremely grateful for, as it was detailed and useful), though unfortunately never returns to the discussion.

Link: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=841086

-Morello responds to the same thread but on NA, a subject wich could arguably be considered very 'sensitive' concerning Morello. He misinterpreted the post, leaves a somewhat 'pointless' comment because of that and leaves for never to return.

Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2562226

This and countless other examples just feels like sometimes you just like to spit and rub stuff into our faces, wether that be intentional or not.

All the hard work designers/threads/players have put in to create and or contribute to dominion, watching it slowly die/not getting appreciated ? 'We don't care.'

EU players posting tons of good ideas, some Riot'ers (example: Riot 'Ymir') trying to respond on EU forums but get overwhelmed because they are with too few, EU having not even imaginable how bad the server problems were for a ridiculous amount of time, getting no announcements on the matters either, just sitting there 'Well I guess the servers are down.' ? 'We don't care'.

IMO stuff like this is serious(ly), wrong.

So I guess it's time for me to take a break from League again, play some other stuff. For only to return after because League is so awesome, but will be having mixed feelings of sadness and dissapointment as soon as I log in League again.

That being said, I've already said it: Even this thread will probably change nothing, not taken seriously.

Though, obviously there still is rather a small chance all of this being taken into-account and I might get some discussion/answers I have been eagerly waiting for. This kind of concerns the 'Complexity for the sake of complexity' matter when designing new champions aswel. Anyhow, I've come up with a champion design and this is some of the feedback I've gotten:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyle View Post
I read the entire OP ( I know shocker right?) and I've got to say, that's one of the best idea's I've heard of on these forums yet (not sure if that's a compliment).

And it looks like a champion that might take some form of skill to play( shocker again) which would be awesome.

I vote that this guy/gal should be put on to riots radar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShailsTDSPT View Post
I want riot to do this champion and do the sneak peak, reveal and spotlight just like this. I read through it all and loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardinhas View Post
neat! Here's a bump for you, maybe RIOT will take a looksy into it!
That in combination with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoge View Post
POsting this **** wont work on EU forums, since riot isnt here unless they can ban someone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign619 View Post
Sorry bro, noone gives a **** about the opinions of euw. At least no one that can actually do anything. Good read tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
It won't even be considered. Why? Riot doesn't consider champion suggestions. Has always been the way, since beta.
Such stuff like that just puts me down and got me started writing this thread, especially since deep down I'm aware that what they say is probably true.
If some 'elitist' Riot'er avoids, ignores or disagrees with a subject on first impression, the future of the discussion of that subject is lost, getting off-topic or non-existant.

More or less minimizing the effect tons of creative and good ideas of the community can have on the game, all of the good and creative work being in vain. It's utterly pointless.

Now I feel my champion design is kind of revolutionary, new, interesting, 'never done before in MOBA history' and I think this could be really awesome, it very well be able to fit into League but ofcourse would require devolpment and discussion, though it will probably never be taken seriously.

In the meantime we've got stuff like Darius: Still 'works' and is fun to play but honestly, mechanic/design-wise being able to be designed by a 12 year old.. and:

Originally Posted by Phakez
Quote:
Every time I read a post from a Riot employee I feel like they have an in depth knowledge of champion design. A week later I get Sejuani, who is a rehashed, boring champion that brings nothing new to the game.
Or, a very small summary of the opinion of a summoner who has played the upcoming champion Zed on PBE:

Quote:
He is a remix champion........Yes, nearly every single one of his moves felt 100% like someone else's (minus his ultimate) ...............What changed this was how excited I was to play Zed. And the subsequent disappointment felt when I played him...In the end Zed is just another kha'zix to a rengar, except Zed feels like he's been torn apart and ripped from, by multiple old champions.

I'm disappointed.
and sad.
and that's all.'
Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2757309

That being said, I did not want to use this thread to advertise for my 'champion-design' nessecarily, what I would like specifically like to have aswered, other than the issues I've already mentioned, is:

'How big is the chance any idea from the forums, wether this be an item or a champion idea ever to make it being actually developed at Riot, if it makes sense, is interesting and fun ?'

Or is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
It won't even be considered. Why? Riot doesn't consider champion suggestions. Has always been the way, since beta.
all true ?
If so I'll be sure the multiple hours I've spent on the 'champion-design' thread recently are in vain and that I'll be sure it will be the last thread I make as a creative contribution, as I just get tired of it.

I'm not sure where it's heading and I'd have to disagree if you tell me Riot takes good care of it's community, unfortunately.
I think just 'me' and League basically have 'grown apart' as I've 'progressed' as a gamer, as I don't see myself being as active on League as I used to be if there's not going to be any announcement/discussion available to seriously discuss the 'wildest dreams' I have for LoL.

That last part sounds as if I'm a mastermind when it comes to making a game 'better', I do not intend to sound like this. I believe I have a few very cool ideas wich could be done quickly but make the game more enjoyable for others aswel, so I speak on behalf of myself and all of you other NA 'young-creatives' but who never have gotten any serious attention.

Sorry for making this an annoying long rant of negative feedback, but I couldn't help but push this out of my mind, as after a while I always feel the need to try and attempt to make a change and get a discussion going. (As I tried with the 'Complexity' thread).
Also please don't get me wrong, Riot is still awesome and has made some EXTREMELY awesome and quality stuff, entire League itself or as example the Harrowing patch, absolutely great.
But then again I have mixed feelings/worrying I'm getting really bored and have to get this off my chest.

If you (somewhat) agree or recoqnize anything I'm trying to say I'd appreciate it if you support this.

If you/Riot (lol) is interested in my 'champion-idea', link: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=903775

NA: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2751510

TLDR: There is none, if you have mixed feelings concerning Riot sometimes, I suggest you read this entire post, otherwise feel free to ignore.

Over 'N out,

Perifear aka Bestbilbo

EDIT: Expected to be downvoted into oblivion here on NA as I had expected there would be 'hatred' against me simply because I'm from EU originally. This thread on EU had ~80+ upvotes.
EDIT 2: Would be nice if we could keep a discussion going, I've gotten some real useful answers. I agree I sound very dramatic and somewhat stupid, completely downvoted is the end of discussion while I came here for answers. Would be awesome if you could tell me I'm dumb while not nessecarily downvoting, so I can keep in contact longer with you guys without having to remake any thread and having to repeat the entire process as people will be even more annoyed by me.

Falleth

11-06-2012

They cannot monitor 90848908093408634096098436 threads, nor apply changes from other 4534050834580945, regardless if they are good or not.

Quote:
all true ?
If so I'll be sure the multiple hours I've spent on the 'champion-design' thread recently are in vain and that I'll be sure it will be the last thread I make as a creative contribution, as I just get tired of it.
True. Because legal issues.

Quote:
Or, a very small summary of the opinion of a summoner who has played the upcoming champion Zed on PBE:

Quote:
He is a remix champion........Yes, nearly every single one of his moves felt 100% like someone else's (minus his ultimate) ...............What changed this was how excited I was to play Zed. And the subsequent disappointment felt when I played him...In the end Zed is just another kha'zix to a rengar, except Zed feels like he's been torn apart and ripped from, by multiple old champions.

I'm disappointed.
and sad.
and that's all.'
Or you could play him yourself, because guy isn't anywhere near correct IN MY OPINION.

And so you should make yours by playing, not by being stupid and reading what others post.

Zetasphere

11-06-2012

Tl; dr

Riot doesn't pay attention to every little thing all the time and they ignored my ideas and now I'm upset and sad.

TheFinalAeon

11-06-2012

Peace out, Bro. You'll be missed.

Although, you should probably actually read the sticky at the top of the Champion Design forums. They tell you point-blank that the forum is there specifically for people to vent creativity, not to suggest champs to Riot.

BestBilbo

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetasphere View Post
Tl; dr

Riot doesn't pay attention to every little thing all the time and they ignored my ideas and now I'm upset and sad.
I speak on behalf of every good suggestion/thread I've seen in the past 2 years I've been active on EU and NA forums, yet 9/10 are either closed for discussion or don't get any attention at all.

xephh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

zed definitely not re-hashed.

syndra or zyra either

BestBilbo

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post

Although, you should probably actually read the sticky at the top of the Champion Design forums. They tell you point-blank that the forum is there specifically for people to vent creativity, not to suggest champs to Riot.
'Specifically' would mean there still is a small chance they'd be like: Hey, yes, we're gonna do that. Yet in reality there's no clue this has ever been remotely close to something like this.

BestBilbo

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post

Thanks.

Fireman COMIN

11-06-2012

I can name for a fact right now Suprise Party Fiddle and Battle Bunny Riven were both fan creations that became hit sensation threads and now exist in the game. Started as conceptual ideas by fans and made reality by Riot. If you have a good enough idea and get enough support it can happen.

BeastBox

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
In this amount of time (2 years) I have either been the author/creator or die-hard 'supporter' of various number of threads ... Most of these threads were solid, constructive and god so viable ideas to just simply 'do them' as a result having thousands of even more happier players. ... After all of this it is safe to say that the roughly ~100 hours I have spent thinking, writing, posting, editing, bumping, replying, 'loving' these threads, has all been in vain. Not only can all active EU forum-members safely say all of their opinions or threads are worth no value, but even threads on NA not containing solid previous/personal statements that have been stated by specific Riot'ers, or threads not as 'demanding' for a red reply, are either completely avoided or ignored. ... I take that very personal and I do not believe I would be the only who could say their faith and trust in your company got (severely) damaged by this fact.
Holy BALLS do you sound entitled. They don't reply to most threads, and they still reply more than most companies do to their communities. Maybe they just didn't like your ideas, or they had other ideas of their own that they're working on? That wouldn't make them elitist, that makes them professional game designers (something most people on this board are not, which is WHY they don't necessarily listen to us).

Just because there's a 20 page thread about a "good" idea doesn't mean it's actually objectively good, just popular among people who don't necessarily know any better. Put that passion into something you have actual control over.