New to Ahri. Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

I'm actually stunned at what I'm seeing here. So many people are stressing damage runes for Ahri.
Look, I'm not a super high elo, but with 20 games I have a 78% win ratio in ranked with Ahri.

I run Armor per level Yellows.
Magic Resist per level Blues.
2 Flat Magic Quints
1 2% Spellvamp (You'd be insanely suprised on how much sustain this gives you.)
MPen Reds

As for my build it depends:
I will build a Chalice against high burst champs (Leblanc, Kass, anyone who is winning against me, the MR is needed to stay in lane and the mana regen helps so much.)

If I'm dominating my lane, I will grab a Needlessly large rod as fast as possible.

If I'm not really winning or losing my lane, I'll usually go straight for a Rhylai's Scepter. It really helps once the team fights start and kiting Ahri does best once equipped. Her W Procs full 35% slow. So you hit with your W, Easy E hit, then Q, and they still aren't even close.

Regardless, my core build is Deathcap and Rhylai's, I will usually get a Chalice and finish an Athena's Unholy Grail unless they really have no danger when it comes to magic damage. If I don't get this, I'll buy a Rod of Ages to give me the sustain I'm lacking on mana and survivability.

Most games won't last very long past this if you played Ahri right, unless you're keeping the other team from winning. Its at this point everything becomes situational with Ahri. If you keep getting killed by AD, buy Zonhuyas, AP buy a MR rod(forget name), if the whole team is focusing you and damage is spread, RoA is always a good choice. If you feel like its going to be a long game, don't be afraid to get two. The effect stacks.

One thing I rarely ever get is a Hextech Revolver. I have the Quint for the sustain, and frankly her passive will heal you plenty once you get used to using it on a Cannon wave to heal. This item has become far too expensive for the return you get.

Frankly, you need blue. If you have a team worth its salt, you should be pinging blue and asking if you can have it every chance you have. There are very few champions that will win a spam war with Ahri.

Also, whoever said Ahri is not a carry is retarded. I've still yet to get my Penta(Its coming soon I can feel it.), but I've had 5 Quadras and get triples probably once or twice a week. Ahri can do insane AOE damage if positioned right. You have an Ult that is made for positioning.

When it comes to your ult, practice is what you need. Use it for positioning in team fights, when you're laning use it to jump in and hit with your e, combo, then run over them at their tower, save the last dash to GTFO.

WildLeon

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Which just means u dont know how to combo correctly or understand ahri's mechanics in general. U send the taunt then the q immediately after and ur problem is solved. And since ur only talking about if they are close u are forgetting the useful of the q as a high damage poke and as a almost guaranteed damage if someone is running. And let us not forget it has the best healing capabilities for her passive and its usefulness in farming. So um stfu
Fizz says Hi.
Kassadin says Hi.
Leblanc says Hi.
Talon Says Hi.
Katarina says Hi.
Vlad says Hi.

Those 6 champs of the top of my head have a high probability of dodging your Q effectively. Btw, almost any champ standing in melee range and then taunted+Q'd will have the effect of the taunt run out by the time the orb returns unless your taunt is lvl 2. Dodging a foxfire is a hell of a lot tougher for those said champions.

ezPK XS PWR

06-28-2012

Get good at using your Q and it will hit pretty darn often...
Fox-fire if you don't feel you're very good at the skill shots yet.

Tennistreak

06-28-2012

Don't pick Flash. You can flash thrice with her ult :-P

ITzNybble

06-28-2012

I would say, if you haven't learned already. Learn to smartcast. It makes Ahri, without it, you will look dumb. Also don't be suprised if you have more assists than anything else.

Vizzlepeez

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildLeon View Post
Fizz says Hi.
Kassadin says Hi.
Leblanc says Hi.
Talon Says Hi.
Katarina says Hi.
Vlad says Hi.

Those 6 champs of the top of my head have a high probability of dodging your Q effectively. Btw, almost any champ standing in melee range and then taunted+Q'd will have the effect of the taunt run out by the time the orb returns unless your taunt is lvl 2. Dodging a foxfire is a hell of a lot tougher for those said champions.

the sad thing is ur just nitpicking through my argument now because you really want to win for some reason, honestly if u wanna max foxfire first so be it, all im telling you Q is more useful.

Black Krow

06-28-2012

I've been swapping around between armor, hp/lvl, and mana/lvl seals and can't really tell which one is more effective.

I've also been having a lot of trouble with Gragas and Leblanc. Gragas is ok for a while, but ends up smacking me around. And Leblanc is just insane, able to flash in and then flash out and bring me to half health.

I've also found out why Kassadin is usally banned -_-

WildLeon

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Krow View Post
I've been swapping around between armor, hp/lvl, and mana/lvl seals and can't really tell which one is more effective.

I've also been having a lot of trouble with Gragas and Leblanc. Gragas is ok for a while, but ends up smacking me around. And Leblanc is just insane, able to flash in and then flash out and bring me to half health.

I've also found out why Kassadin is usally banned -_-
Put some early points in W. when u see leblanc use her Q she will probably follow up with W to try and get the silence. If u can get a W in for foxfire she wont get free damage then Q to where she initially jumped from.

Kassadin requires incredible reflexes to manage a W before his Q hits. But early points in W will mean he cant stay around long enough to get more damage in. And if you can manage your Qs well he wont get in close because you have a minions wave and he doesnt.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Why are you both fighting over Q or W first? Both work fine, and you should choose according to play style.

Q is a safer way to harras, does true damage, and can be used for farming.

W does more overall damage, has a much higher chance to hit, and can be shot off while silenced.

Kassadin does not scare me with Ahri. Unless he's really good, generally I'll be able to R forward the second he jumps in and silences and he will miss his W. After the silence wears, I have 4s to rape face and 6s to use my ulty when he jumps back away in 4s.

LebLanc on the other hand.... That ***** scares me. I have yet to win an early game, and I usually will give 2+ kills to her before mid game. Once mid game comes in and I have a team behind me I'm fine. But yeowza.

PerditionsOmen

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildLeon View Post
Which means absolutely nothing if they are so close to you that they can dodge the return hit.
Which means nothing if you can actually land

Oh and

Q = farm lane

W= kill lane