Disappointment with LoL Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiPi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0o0o0ble View Post
Just been browsing through the forums as I usually do when I'm bored and saw, "The Unofficial Ban All Brazilians Thread!" with 200 bump ups.

Really?

I'm Australian and have no association to Brazil what so ever. However the hit of the thread was generalising the 'Brazilians' are all bad, cheaters, ect.

This combined with all the other noob bashing, poor sportsman ship and general discourteousness that goes on in game has just got me really down tonight, to the point where I decided to watch a movie instead of play LoL(never happened before).

If your bad at the game your in low ELO for a reason, try and make your team mates better, not put them down.

Different countries at diversity to a game and give you friends all over the world. This makes for a much more enriching experience of game-play and life in general I might add.

And for those out there that hate losing. Get used to it, it's part of the game. Unless your one of the best expect to lose ~50% of the time, that's how ELO works.

Anyway rant over. (And to the communities credit there was people contesting the post.)

The point of this thread was to try and see how many in the LoL community feel the same way.

Mabye I'm getting my hopes up because this is the internet but please prove me wrong LoL players.



*******
So far I'm much happier with the community response, I'll check back in the morning.
I <3 your post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mkaiser

Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0o0o0ble View Post
Just been browsing through the forums as I usually do when I'm bored and saw, "The Unofficial Ban All Brazilians Thread!" with 200 bump ups.

Really?

I'm Australian and have no association to Brazil what so ever. However the hit of the thread was generalising the 'Brazilians' are all bad, cheaters, ect.

This combined with all the other noob bashing, poor sportsman ship and general discourteousness that goes on in game has just got me really down tonight, to the point where I decided to watch a movie instead of play LoL(never happened before).

If your bad at the game your in low ELO for a reason, try and make your team mates better, not put them down.

Different countries at diversity to a game and give you friends all over the world. This makes for a much more enriching experience of game-play and life in general I might add.

And for those out there that hate losing. Get used to it, it's part of the game. Unless your one of the best expect to lose ~50% of the time, that's how ELO works.

Anyway rant over. (And to the communities credit there was people contesting the post.)

The point of this thread was to try and see how many in the LoL community feel the same way.

Mabye I'm getting my hopes up because this is the internet but please prove me wrong LoL players.



*******
So far I'm much happier with the community response, I'll check back in the morning.
Totally Agreed

We finally got those "BAN COUNTRY" Threads shut down, it really disappointed me a lot to have seen such threads with so much Positive Votes,

but Finally, they have all been removed,

Please open your minds every one, meeting new ppl, meeting new players from all over the world, that is true success,

Sharing and Learning will give you a huge push in Life, And I personally Can Say that, I am a very young person, but I have shared my time in 4 different countries, own with their adequate time to understand how wonderful creatures we humans are, 2 sides of the same blade, how cruel we are as well~

Its a game, but it also influences your life, take the most out of it instead of QQ and rejecting


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason Only

Senior Member

08-31-2010

I'm still not satisfied with Riot's response. Some sort of official position about this would be nice, and would bring some closure to this nonsense. But at least those moronic threads do not exist anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mkaiser

Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssalSpector View Post
This just made you look like a pile of human garbage

Btw do you have a small Pnis? get it cause your half asian
wow, just wow, I won't ask for your ban nor deletion but dang.. WoW

就因為他是日本人 你覺得你有資格 批評他? 說他是 拉機?
那你老二 又有多大? 你覺得你老二大 重要嗎?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mkaiser

Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Filha da Puta View Post
I'm still not satisfied with Riot's response. Some sort of official position about this would be nice, and would bring some closure to this nonsense. But at least those moronic threads do not exist anymore.
First of all, with that account name, uhh...

2nd, Riot has already shut down all Ban country Threads,

3rd Riot does not need to announce any official position,

4th Riot is a growing Company, if all things goes well, hey, BLZRD has lots of server all around the globe,

if all thing goes well, Riot will have lots of server around the globe

Good things await those who have patience


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artonox

Senior Member

08-31-2010

i hate those "ban people from x" threads.
They hold no real argument whatsoever, and instead uses ANOTHER argument to try and get their OWN across.

i.e. "these x people are bad at communicating, and communicating is a key element, so ban them"
pathetic, if you ask me D:

I dont mind if it is a joke thread (i mean, on an international level, we always poke fun of each other, lets be honest), but the overall look is that they are really seriously putting them down.

I have no problems with whatever person is playing in my game, only problems with bad players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason Only

Senior Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaiser View Post
First of all, with that account name, uhh...

2nd, Riot has already shut down all Ban country Threads,

3rd Riot does not need to announce any official position,

4th Riot is a growing Company, if all things goes well, hey, BLZRD has lots of server all around the globe,

if all thing goes well, Riot will have lots of server around the globe

Good things await those who have patience
1 - My account name pertains to myself alone.

2 - Yes, as I acknowledged in my post. It is a good thing.

3 - Riot doesn't have to hire a Community Manager either, but it does. Having clear policies and keeping true to them is a good business practice. Keeping silent about something serious as xenophobia/prejudice is not a good business practice. If you scavenge the forums you'll find more posts like this that were allowed to go on for days without moderation or any position. This happens every so often.

4 - Yes, I do hope that comes to pass. Patience is good on certain issues. This is not one of them, in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenbear

Senior Member

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You have lost all credibility right there. Sorry, but being a racist and being upset at racist people is ridiculous.

Also, Atheists have done there fair share at getting many Christians fired. Especially from schools. So don't throw that in my face. I'm actually going to be a teacher and I know that I can't even mention the bible without fear of getting fired.

Christians have been burned, buried alive, crushed with rocks, hung upside-down and set on fire, crucified, fed to the tigers, cut in half, drawn and quartered, hanged, etc.

Yeah, people have done unimaginable things in the name of Christianity (Crusades) but they were wrong. They did it for power, not Christ. They were stupid. They weren't true Christians.

Anyways, I'm done. You're ridiculous and hypocritical.
wtf is this ****....please make another thread you guys are derailing way offtopic here.