Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disappointment with LoL Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pseudofate

08-31-2010

Quote:
Wo0o0o0ble:

If your bad at the game your in low ELO for a reason

Not always the case. Plenty of decent players are stuck in ELO hell due to team incompetence and other reasons.

I take a screenshot of each match result because I am cataloging item buys for each champion (an ongoing project). But if I was to break my losses down, it would look something like this.

35% Loss due to Leaver 4v5 games
30% Loss due to Feed
20% Loss due to lack of team composition/coordination/ability (Myself Included)
10% Loss due to failure on my part (unintentional feeds (ganks), failure to fufill my role)
5% Loss due to an actual good game that we just didn't win.

But back on topic, this is a pretty low brow community. Jerks definetley outnumber civil people 2:1 if not 3:1 Honestly anyone from any country can be a jerk.

Hypersauce

08-31-2010

I wholeheartedly disagree that different languages are a barrier to having a coordinated team. I live in the US, but play late at night or early in the morning a lot, and get queued up with people from all over the world. One time I had people from Lithuania on my team. Even if you don't speak their language, if you are an intelligent person you can usually get the gist of what they are saying through context.

More importantly, pings on the map can usually communicate something more efficiently than typing. I have made friends from all over the world in my many years of online gaming, it's one of the aspects of online games I enjoy the most.

Liquidone

08-31-2010

Quote:
Pseudofate:

Honestly anyone from any country can be a jerk.

Not America! BECAUSE WE'RE ALWAYS RIGHT!!!! **** YEAH!

fisher

08-31-2010

edit: i'm an idiot

Liquidone

08-31-2010

Quote:
arenti:
facepalm.jpg

uhh? What are you face palming about? The fact that I said "Latin American?" Latin American is another term for South American.

fisher

08-31-2010

Quote:
Liquidone:
uhh? What are you face palming about? The fact that I said "Latin American?" Latin American is another term for South American.

facepalm.jpg

i just woke up, sorry, my trolling is getting ahead of my brain

post removed

Geekweezul

08-31-2010

Quote:
Wo0o0o0ble:
).

If your bad at the game your in low ELO for a reason, try and make your team mates better, not put them down.

So far I'm much happier with the community response, I'll check back in the morning.

I'm just sayin'...you can't help someone when they don't understand the words you're typing to them. No matter how caps-locked they are.

Also, I am against banning anyone...but it is annoying not being able to communicate with your team.

Nenesse

08-31-2010

And I'm starting to get the feeling that the misogyny (i.e. get back in the kitchen) is sincere too.

Kroa

08-31-2010

you guys are missing the point.
let me clarify that thread, because you guys are too defensive and take **** too seriously.
Easily 60-70% of BR players on this game dont speak english.
70% of those non english BR players(80%of those are realllllyyy young). have no idea what they are doing.( i estimate about 3 on 5)(this is due to the game being english and they dont understand english , so they dont know what skills do what, and they cannot communicate to the other english speaking teammates.)
Within a BR team. (5man BR) BR can and will do fine. there are MANY BR in MANYY games.(alot are noobs...why? XD) and alot of BR are amongst the strongest ppl in alot of MMOs.
That being said, it WOULD be recommended to have a separate server for BR use. This isnt like an MMO where u can adapt. communication is vital as in any sport. the way i see it, hes not saying they are horrible. they just cannot compete due to language barriers. its like putting a person who only speaks russian at a mandatory english speaking job :S...

I could be wrong,but i highly doubt it. Personally i havent seen the thread, but the general consensus is that.

tl;dr: BR arent bad players. they play well together, but when in an english community, the language barrier stops them from playing as efficiently as they can within the english community(this includes BR tooltips etc).BR needs a new server to be able to compete together. No offense given. Communication is vital in a sport and being able to speak the language is important. This does not mean we should ban BR from playing, but provide a BR server would be helpful indeed.

tl:dr2: Stop being lazy, if u dont wanna read then gtfo this thread..wow whats the point at looking through every page if you arent gunna read...XD..u can read english right? XD

Aniline

08-31-2010

It would be nice if Riot did ban for trolling like they said in the stickied post. Unless they crack down on trolling posts and actually start banning people, the LoL community will not change and the forums will just be full of trolling and not worth reading.

The only way to clean up the community is to actually clean it up.

And yes, that "Ban all Brazilians" thread is trolling.

Edit: And I should note that I have several Brazilian friends who are better players and can speak/write better English than a majority of the American LoL community.