Disappointment with LoL Community

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wo0o0o0ble

08-31-2010

Just been browsing through the forums as I usually do when I'm bored and saw, "The Unofficial Ban All Brazilians Thread!" with 200 bump ups.

Really?

I'm Australian and have no association to Brazil what so ever. However the hit of the thread was generalising the 'Brazilians' are all bad, cheaters, ect.

This combined with all the other noob bashing, poor sportsman ship and general discourteousness that goes on in game has just got me really down tonight, to the point where I decided to watch a movie instead of play LoL(never happened before).

If your bad at the game your in low ELO for a reason, try and make your team mates better, not put them down.

Different countries at diversity to a game and give you friends all over the world. This makes for a much more enriching experience of game-play and life in general I might add.

And for those out there that hate losing. Get used to it, it's part of the game. Unless your one of the best expect to lose ~50% of the time, that's how ELO works.

Anyway rant over. (And to the communities credit there was people contesting the post.)

The point of this thread was to try and see how many in the LoL community feel the same way.

Mabye I'm getting my hopes up because this is the internet but please prove me wrong LoL players.

So far I'm much happier with the community response, I'll check back in the morning.

Much happier now, the threat descended into Christian bashing at some point but was brought back up again. And I hear the Ban Country x threads have been removed. Thanks most of LoL community.

Joe Condor

08-31-2010

I only glanced at that thread, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly just poking fun at what a lot of them do.

Nothing too offensive

Liquidone

08-31-2010

I for one support the idea of a Latin American server. But not because I think they're bad, just in a team based game where communication is vital to winning, a language barrier is a very bad thing.

EveryTimeV

08-31-2010

All this thread tells me is that 200 People of this community have a sense of humour.

Cheez Bix

08-31-2010

I bet you must think that you're so clever and trolltastic when you encourage discussions such as these.

lunigh

08-31-2010

What your saying is true, but there are issues when you run into a team of 2, when your a 3 man premade, and can't communicate, most decent "BR's" will try to communicate in English, But I do feel the post does make some decent points. I think speaking the English language should be motivated by Riot, it will help the community all together.

^ myinput.

Whitemage82

08-31-2010

I don't like the thread even in jest.

It's one thing to be proud of your country. (America, **** yeah!)

But it's another to bring down the nation of someone else even in jest. I am sure there are good Brazilian gamers, somewhere. Why bother making a post about them at all? You are more credible calling ALL feeders out and there are people in AMERICA with horrible ping too.

Serpentongue

08-31-2010

You know, I'm pretty sure that thread is a joke.

DarkInsightMax

08-31-2010

Even if 99% of Brazilians are really as bad as they said, banning them because of their nationality is unfair to that 1%.

The problem is with the afkers, leavers, and every other sort of bad players, not their nationality.

MetalHev

08-31-2010

Well yeah, it was a pretty sh*tty thread.
LoL community in general fails, that's why you see "OMG NERF POPPY OP" threads.

12345 ... 7