Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Mastery] Greed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urobolus

08-31-2010

Is it worth it? 1g every 10 seconds seems too spread out to be of any help, especially when you're successfully last-hitting. I've never noticed a difference myself.

SlyGoat

08-31-2010

In a 30ish+ minute game its gold value makes it very worth it for a single mastery point, yes.

But if you're taking it over a generally better mastery - for example, 3/3 mana regeneration, movement speed or cooldown reduction, or 2/2 neutral buff timers, you're generally better off with them because their effects are obvious all game rather than just later on.

Zinsky

08-31-2010

If a game lasts 25 min you get 150 gold. Think of it that way.

NoahBody

08-31-2010

If you do the math:

1g per 10 seconds

6g per minute

45 min game = an extra 270g

Not really worth it in my opinion.

ˆºˆ

08-31-2010

1g per 10s
6g per 1m
240g per 40m

If your game goes 40 minutes, you only made an extra 240g.

Cheez Bix

08-31-2010

I've never invested mastery points into Greed because nothing has ever managed to convince me that the mastery is actually useful. The gold income is minimal and hardly significant; you'd be better of focusing your endeavours elsewhere, daughter.

Revenancer

08-31-2010

Consider it in relation to other values you can get for your one point - amazing gains such as 2 MR, 3 AP, and 1% attack speed.

By that metric a couple free wards/potions or half a longsword is a pretty good deal.

Zinsky

08-31-2010

This thread is now about math apparently.

Akedomo

08-31-2010

By itself, it's not worth it, When used with Quints and an item or two that gives you gold per 10 seconds it's worth it.

4g per 10s from quints and mastery, another 10g per 10s from two of the items, and a passive 10g per 10s. You're getting 24g per 10 seconds, or 144g per minute, doing nothing, This happens EVEN while dead. Effectively using your passive gold earned, you make
5760g in the course of a 40 minute game.

This allows you to buy items sooner, since you have more gold coming in even while farming. This is effective to use on a hero that can't farm very well. Or on a dps if you want to get your items faster.

wildfire393

08-31-2010

If you look, most mastery points are not worth 200 gold. 2 Armor? Worth about 33 gold. 1.65 mp/5? About 90g. The difference is you get these benefits upfront.