Which is more fun Garen/Olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Le

08-31-2010

Im coming up to 3,150 ip and im probably gona buy olaf or garen....which one is more fun to play?(usually lane with nunu)

Inshead

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Le View Post
Im coming up to 3,150 ip and im probably gona buy olaf or garen....which one is more fun to play?(usually lane with nunu)
These are the 2 champs I have played most lately. I would have to say I have more fun with Olaf, however, the way I play him sets him up for late game so its frustrating getting to that point.

Garen is fun the entire time, just annoying that people think he is OP or takes no skill.

Alrocsmash

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inshead View Post
Garen is fun the entire time, just annoying that people think he is OP or takes no skill.
He is op and does not take much skill. Ive played prob 25 games with him. His early game leads to awesome items late game. He can gank, farm, tank, ult kids and have sunfire dps.

OP: Not gonna lie, a really fed Olaf end game is like, some of the MOST fun Ive ever had in this game. With starks, ghostblade, infin edge you can literally curb stomp some toons before they realize you're even there.

DanteDarkly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

I'd like to argue both of your points. Garen is a bit OP but he defiantly requires skill to play. Just can't run head long into fights thinking you can take everything under the sun.

However Garen does stay in the front lines longer then any other character, which is very important in early game. I don't know how many times I cleaned up a kill with low hp and looked like I recalled. Then just pop and health potion and watch as another double kill comes walking back.

HyperWeaponRance

08-31-2010

Garen isnt OP and dont let anyone tell you that, however that being said his early game is ******ed strong, judgement can almost do 1/2 of someones hp at level 1, but unless you stack a few Sunfire capes and score some early kills against players your damage completely falls off late game, whereas Olaf has it harder early game, altho you can jungle to help this, but late game you become an unstoppable monster, your passive, the lifesteal from your W, your ults CC immunity and damage reduction it simply amazing, and you can still deal decent damage to tanks with your true damage move regardless of their armor.

Funny enough Garen counters Olaf pretty hard though, as soon as he gets low and hits that unstoppable lifesteal/attackspeed HP, Garen can quickly put an end to it with his ult

Dante Redwing

08-31-2010

hehe funny i played a game yesterday, I was Garen and i had an enemy Olaf who wanted to kill me all the time, bad thing for him was that i had a Warmogs(spelling, iono the name but the armor that stacks HP like a monster), anyways at the end i had over 4500 HP and Olaf only tickled me and then when he died he would be *****ing about how i was a noob that couldn't kill him(even though i just had). the fact is that if you allow Garen to get money and kills early on you will have a really hard time to kill him later on. Don't get me wrong im not saying Olaf sucks, but Garen only needs to take a few hits and dish some of his damage then ULTIMATE and you can probably kill them with half their HP still on(at least that's how it went for me and that Olaf). All in all I would suggest u get Garen first, play him, then save and get Olaf as both are wreckingballs. Olaf is just too funny at soloing turrets while u try to hit him and he just ignores you, then when its broke he goes and 3 hits you to the ground. Sorry for my long ass post.

Ninja Le

08-31-2010

.... So which should i go with? (kinda leaning towards Garen)

Dante Redwing

08-31-2010

Garen, he's a Tank/DPS with a freaking long ass silence that u can spam and make them only hit u with normal attacks, plus he doesn't need mana, his Cooldowns are really fast and if you invest in some CD reduction runes ur ultimate will be up really fast making you the ultimate KSer of the team. Don't get me wrong, Olaf is super strong too, but any HP/defense built Garen will pwn him 1v1 hands down, just hit Olaf untill his ult goes off, then proceed to pop yours, and since most Olaf's get soo much HP by the time they hit half HP u can surely kill them with ur ult since it scales with the HP they are missing. Only 2 people can break garen's ultimate, Shen(omg saver of many lives) and Kayle(meh she sucks anyway) other than that you can rest asured that Garen's ult although situational WILL kill ur enemy.

ViktorBarney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Playing Olaf won't make you look like a tool. He's more fun to play anyway.

Aero Paladin

08-31-2010

I'd think Garen is better he easy and fun.
Well thats what i think so if u choose to go with Garen
you'll do really well.