Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morgana is the best character in the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

08-31-2010

Quote:
Unclephillip:
Nasus and Janna come to mind.

Janna on a Galio + Amumu + Fiddlesticks + Morgana team.

OKAY GUYS INITIATE ON THEM AND HIT R

Cawcawcawcawca- WOOOOOOSH "WHAT THE **** JANNA?!"

Zeryth

08-31-2010

I agree with OP. Nothing wrong with Morg. Why the sudden QQ? Morg was here since the start of whatever and suddenly she's OP?! Oh my...

Irishjigg

08-31-2010

Quote:
Unclephillip:
Oh i forgot to add. I never said Morg was OP, the original poster did. I said my only gripe with her was the duration on Black Shield. Get your facts straight.

The only things OP about Morgana is Black Shields duration and being able to Zhonya during her ult.

This is from you. First page, 3rd post.

My facts are straight. (Still not raging, though you may want to take a break and stop trying to have the last word)

People are saying the point of it is to block CC not absorb damage. If thats the case I don't see a problem with making it 5 seconds.

I would agree with you that 5 seconds is no big deal. This is not something that would change how she is played however.

Unclephillip

08-31-2010

Quote:
Samelis:
The only things OP about Morgana is Black Shields duration and being able to Zhonya during her ult.

This is from you. First page, 3rd post.

My facts are straight. (Still not raging, though you may want to take a break and stop trying to have the last word)

People are saying the point of it is to block CC not absorb damage. If thats the case I don't see a problem with making it 5 seconds.

I would agree with you that 5 seconds is no big deal. This is not something that would change how she is played however.

Yeah I had a problem with the Ult-ZHonya thing but that was more about Zhonya than Morg.

Black Shield going to 5 seconds would be a fine change. 3 seconds would be an overnerf.

The Hub

08-31-2010

Quote:
Unclephillip:

Nasus doesn't really fit with a poke team, he doesn't hurt it, but he doesn't especially synergize.

And Janna on an AOE team made me cackle. Her ult would be used, MAYBE once during laning phase?

piratesas

08-31-2010

Quote:
DMG1:
I think we should have champs that can 1hko anything in the game, at the cost of their own life.

Like a Yoshimitsu Seppuku where you kill both the opponent and yourself.

I'm gonna go ahead and +1 this solely for mentioning the bad mofo that is Yoshimitsu.

Burger Betty

08-31-2010

Quote:
Zeryth:
I agree with OP. Nothing wrong with Morg. Why the sudden QQ? Morg was here since the start of whatever and suddenly she's OP?! Oh my...

You should probably stop pretending she hasn't been modified since the start, because she has, big time. She's been buffed and her skill damage mechanics are changed. Instead of delivering DoT with Dark Binding, it does all its damage up front. Her AP ratios have been increased all around, especially on her ulti. There was a time when Morgana was average and functioned mostly as a utility/support character. Now she's a support, utility, nuker and tank, depending on how you build her. Her naturally high HP and armor gain is complimented easily with Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter, making her, even as a nuker, difficult to take down especially with Black Shield and the ease of Dark Binding pursuers plus the spell vamp from her passive.

Dimensionist

08-31-2010

Quote:
Scumsberg:
You should probably stop pretending she hasn't been modified since the start, because she has, big time. She's been buffed and her skill damage mechanics are changed. Instead of delivering DoT with Dark Binding, it does all its damage up front. Her AP ratios have been increased all around, especially on her ulti. There was a time when Morgana was average and functioned mostly as a utility/support character. Now she's a support, utility, nuker and tank, depending on how you build her. Her naturally high HP and armor gain is complimented easily with Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter, making her, even as a nuker, difficult to take down especially with Black Shield and the ease of Dark Binding pursuers plus the spell vamp from her passive.

Actually morgana was op at the start, since then she has had her damage/stun duration/ and ratios lowered overall. She was overnerfed at one point when she was considered balanced and nobody complained. Her shield absorbed 500 base at max level, blocked ignite and DOTs, her shield today is a fraction of what it used to be. She's been rebuffed to be viable and balanced again.

The only real changes were shield nerfs, slight cd reduction at the cost of damage and ratios, lowered snare duration, lowered ratios and frontloaded damage on her snare. Also cleanse no longer removes her ult this wasn't even a problem because back then flash was FOTM and cleanse wasn't the must have summoner spell.

She's only a shadow of her former self.

Conexion

08-31-2010

Quote:
Unclephillip:

My thoughts exactly. Soraka ain't too bad either.

Conexion

08-31-2010

Quote:
SlyGoat:
Janna on a Galio + Amumu + Fiddlesticks + Morgana team.

OKAY GUYS INITIATE ON THEM AND HIT R

Cawcawcawcawca- WOOOOOOSH "WHAT THE **** JANNA?!"

Haha, although a semi-decent Janna will get behind the opposing team, shield, then use her to push the other team into your group, as well as heal your group.