Climbing by Just Playing Support

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

2 Weeks Ago

I'm going to make an attempt of getting out of Bronze by just playing Support. Along with normal Supports, I will play some champs that your normally won't see as Support, such as Brand and Shaco. Sona is still my main support followed by Karma and Morgana.

I will be streaming this at http://www.twitch.tv/ministerfish

Degleon

2 Weeks Ago

I made it out of bronze with playing about 100+ games of Morgana in a row and most of it was while I was using her as a support, you can do it! Also not to mention the support role is one of the most underrated thankless roles in the game, people highly underestimate the value of a good support because they can get adcs fed or save an adc's life, and for the most part when people get stuck with the support role and they do not like it, they usually tank the whole game for everyone either on purpose or for the fact that they do not know the correct combination of aggressiveness and cautiousness.

Izbiz

2 Weeks Ago

Got to Gold with Nami only.

Support4Life

Voyles

2 Weeks Ago

Lost game 1 as Karma. Horrible team fights.

Won game 2 as Brand even though I died 7 times, my ADC didn't die once. Enemy's Riven also DC'd at level 8. I was carried.

HereticHeroes

2 Weeks Ago

Got plat as thresh/leona. It's not hard. Just play well every game.

Voyles

2 Weeks Ago

Lost game 3 as Thresh. Our team had more kills but we didn't go after objectives.

Lost game 4 as Sona. We had two AFKs. 3v5.

So, 1 and 3. Not a good start.

Voyles

2 Weeks Ago

Won game 5 as Soraka.

Lost game 6 as Lux. Lost 2 people before minions even spawned though I did get 1 kill. AFK mid Annie later in the game. Even without the AFK, I think we weren't doing well but still 2 games lost to AFK.

Xyrec

2 Weeks Ago

My most recent promotion was due to playing sona support. At higher ranks or when duo'ing you can take a more passive role because you can actually count on the adc to do something. However in bronze I'm finding that it works best if i harass the living **** out of bot lane, feed my thief blade and hopefully get the adc some kills (though will take them myself if the adc isn't going to get the kill.) Then I end up pretty much hard carrying the game unless i have an adc. Like more damage done than most or all of the carries and 2/3 as many heals as damage.

Koi Nami Only

2 Weeks Ago

Confirmed can't climb with support. Esp not Nami.

Voyles

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrec View Post
However in bronze I'm finding that it works best if i harass the living **** out of bot lane, feed my thief blade and hopefully get the adc some kills (though will take them myself if the adc isn't going to get the kill.) Then I end up pretty much hard carrying the game unless i have an adc. Like more damage done than most or all of the carries and 2/3 as many heals as damage.
My 6th game I was Karma with a Spellthief's. I got 3 kills off of a Fiora who kept tower diving me. We won. I was 6/8/26. Lot's of deaths for a support but I went aggressive enough so that I didn't have to worry about others not being able to carry. I also had the 2nd highest gold on our team with a Warwick Jungle with the top gold. The enemy team did have a DC lvl 13 Katarina. Lot's of DCs in Bronze.

12345 ... 8