Jayce how you gonna be?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onisnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-07-2012

You know he's going come, you know you will face so the question is how will you do it?

It seems like he can be bot or top having a good escape and minion clearing for bottom. if you go top it looks like that the field will be good for rushing in at them early the poke. What do you guys think?

Glorious Bird

07-07-2012

He needs to swap between modes to do well. Depends on his CDs between swaps. If instant he is good. If he refreshes a smaller CD he auto loses. DOTA's Troll does the same think and needs an on hit stun to keep up. Nuff sed.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

i think he sucks for solo lane

ive played him alot over the passed few days on the pbe just to see if he's worth anything
he's sluggish when combo'ing and basically because you have to transform your weapon every time you want to do something your actions are always coming one cooldown later.
Kinda like playing with permanent lag ( altho this might be do to the pbe having around 220 ping for me )

say your in hamma stance and wanna shoot at range at the enemy , in order to do this you'd have to spend 3 cooldowns just to soot a skill shot ( R.E.Q combo)
all the other champs out side of nid will just press q or wat ever

he has only one skill hat scales of AP with a very good ratio i might ad how ever he also has skills that scale with AD but end up doing magic damage , as the game progresses and people's magic resist rize per lvl and from runes ( mr/lvl blues etc ) & somethimes items this damage starts to drop off a bid if you dont invest in some magic pen
Ive build him hybrid with pen boots , triforce, gunblade , atma's and a haunting Guise to counter this and it actualy worked quite well, better than the standard bruiser build when it commes to damage output and substaine true liveleech/spell vamp while still maintaining his ability to burst with his combo's

he's alot of fun but **** he sure has draw backs

in dom i think he would be able to do top allot better than bot because he has ranged poke and is able to lay down some capital punishement in melee with his massive hamma smash and has a almost spammable personal speed buff and a grp speed buff

All in all i personally find Jayce better in dom than he is in sr simply because he pretty much starts with 6 skills at lvl 3 in dom making him very lethal in the lvl 3 team fight for windmill because he can do ..everything..
prep for alot of nubbing with his knockback ( you know like those alistar moments )

Cauldrath

07-07-2012

Personally, I see him better bot lane with his hybrid damage, tons of AoE and decent escapes. His AP scaling really isn't good at all, but he has a ton of AD scaling, so I think it's best to run a Manamune, Frozen Heart, Odyn's Veil build similar to Malz.

I didn't think he felt clunky at all, either. If you are in hammer stance and want to shoot, just RQE and it comes out as fast as any other skillshot. He has a lot of abilities with no cast time that can be used while moving: cannon W, E and hammer W, plus R, so you can smoothly spam a lot of abilities. I like starting in hammer stance and then doing QW, run past, ERQEW. That combo does crazy damage while feeling really cool. Sprinkle some autos in there for even more damage, but his cooldowns cycle so fast you don't really need to - just make sure you get at least one per stance change.

Argodis

07-07-2012

Played him on the PBE. I was 1v2ing no problem. He felt like a mini poppy. Shooting a Q through his laser line thing does an absurd amount of damage early on in Dominion.

Phourc

07-07-2012

A bruiser with strong, aoe poke? I can't see him being bad, tbh.

Goronok

07-07-2012

With the terrible lore, the cheesy lame superman rip-off art... I just hope they'll take him back to the drawing board or replace him with a better champ before he goes live.

Volandum

07-07-2012

Too late.

MMKH

07-07-2012

I've seen him on both teams today and he does quite a bit of burst damage and has good utility with his slow and knockback. The speed shrine wall with that long range and aoe skillshot nuke is strong too.

larkhill

07-07-2012

think of him as a fancy version of orianna. he seems like a perfect bot, and he can probably do it, but he's better top. he'll never be the 1 man show that true carries turn into but he can support a team enough to turn the tables in a close match.

much like orianna, u need to have some skill to pull it off. most people, especially early on, simply wont know what to do, or build. i suspect a lot of people will try to build him pure dps and much like orianna, will fail.

a lot of his skill will also be in knowing which stance to build for and use. early on, people will fail at this too.

eventually, like all high skill-cap champs, someone will learn how to do well with him, everyone will copy them and they will eventually do well. it will just take some time

or he'll get "quality of life" buffs and have his skillcap reduced. whichever comes first...