"I don't care if I get banned for this"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Riven Bot

06-26-2012

"I don't care if I get banned for this"

I call this belittling the Tribunal system. There should be a report option that says someone does not care about the punishments for breaking the rules, regardless if the said person actually broke any rules or not. This kind of altitude is intrinsically toxic as someone who claims to not care about the punishments cannot be easily moderated.

e.g.
Player A: This is stupid I will go AFK
Player B: See you in Tribunal
Player A: go ahead and report me I don't care if I get banned for this, I got 10 accounts anyway

I believe Player A should be punished on the basis of that line alone, regardless of he actually AFK'ed or not.

Carteret

06-26-2012

Well I think "this is stupid I will go afk" is a threat and breaks the Code. Maybe a better example is

Player A: I'm gonna jungle eve.
Player B: See you in Tribunal!
Player A: Go ahead and report me then, I don't care, this is just my smurf.

I have no idea what to think about that. Playing jungle eve isn't punishable, but is there something wrong with this player's attitude? Hmm, it seems like a negative attitude, but it's really really mild, isn't it? And possibly understandable, since jungle eve players probably get harassed a lot...

Cyleal

06-26-2012

Riven bot's case, I'd say so.

In Carteret's case, no.

It kinda depends on what the situation is. I mean a better response from player A would have been "Go ahead.. it's not bannable to play a character" but either way, I think it's very dependant on the rest of the case. You can't just look at one part and say that's everything. You have to see it from every angle, sympathize with every player, and understand the situation before making a verdict.

Nicodemous

06-26-2012

But when I do something ban worthy and I say I don't care if I get banned, I really don't care... you apparently were such a huge jerk that I am willing to risk it... your move...

Mirror

06-26-2012

Having a bad opinion or a lack of faith in the system of enforcing the "law" doesn't merit being punished. It's the equivalent of shouting "f*** the police!" as a police car drives by. It's not going to help your case, but that alone shouldn't be what you're in trouble for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Riven Bot View Post
I call this belittling the Tribunal system.
I call it tyranny. Someone ending up in the Tribunal for disrespecting the Tribunal is like how people in China get sent to jail for expressing a negative view of the Chinese government.

Carteret

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
I call it tyranny. Someone ending up in the Tribunal for disrespecting the Tribunal is like how people in China get sent to jail for expressing a negative view of the Chinese government.
Wow, 99.99% of the time when someone brings up communism in the forums, it's hyperbole and I disagree with it. But this is, I think, a quite good rebuttal. There may be reasons to report someone because s/he said "go ahead and report me then," but belittling the tribunal is not one of them. Good call, imo.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I feel like anyone that says this should automatically skip a step in the ban escalation.

I.E. no warning and straight to a 1 day ban, or skip the 1 day and straight to a week long if they already got a warning.

Bad Riven Bot

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Have an opinion or a lack of faith in system of enforcing the "law" doesn't merit being punished. It's the equivalent of shouting "f*** the police!" as a police car drives by. It's not going to help your case, but that alone shouldn't be what you're in trouble for.

Yet in the US, you can be jailed for disrespecting the due process; e.g. by being rude in a court of law.

TastyBeeBurgers

06-27-2012

This and people saying they don't care about the Tribunal (I.E. being reported) are auto punish for me. I have a hard time giving a thurough review to someone who doesn't care that they're harming a community.

Plus, they're full of ****. The same people who rant on about how they don't care are the ones who jump on this forum and say the Tribunal is unfair and Pendragon's an ass.

Distillz

06-27-2012

This is crazy ='(

Seriously I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in people. The internet is such a **** crappy place though. You meet the worst.

The tribunal should not exist and definitely should not be so loose that you people get to do what you are doing. The only people that suffer are those who get punished (how many of you even remember the passing moment of someone you didn't like in game?). The rest of you just like the idea of throwing the first stone.

That is what is really sad about it to me but then its expected of a secular community. Riot is just hopeless in addressing it because they too see it as fine. I was going to start a thread to get some idea of what Riot emps thought of the tribunal but I can't even bother. There is no way this makes sense. The foolishness I see people type about banning someone. It is far worse than what most of the people they are punishing have done. I am sure you can find examples in history where this kind of mentality aided in the murder or ill treatment of people who were unappealing.

TasteyBeeBurgers your post is what got me to reply. I don't have the words to describe how bad what you wrote is but I doubt you would care anyway. Keep Rioting guys. The community has a lot of bad players who now have no reason to learn. But now they are becoming bad in another way due to the tribunal. I can't imagine what will happen but it is bound to be a very interesting thing to behold from a psychological standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Riven Bot View Post
Yet in the US, you can be jailed for disrespecting the due process; e.g. by being rude in a court of law.
you don't get jailed for saying F the police for example. At least your peers don't feel the need to report you to the cops and even if they did, would they do anything? Laws also are not governed by mob rule like the tribunal is.

How readily people report is just mind-blowing. I pretty much know why people report me in game. Usually they are sucking and don't like it being pointed out or someone doesn't like my trash-talking. Whatever else was said is just fuel for the ban fire. I get the sense of WHY people do it, but there is no **** good reason for it. Its spite and pride. For some reason I don't do that. I cannot just report because of some minor BS someone did. Recently a person decided he would stop playing and sold all his items, sat at base. We were losing. I "raged" on him telling him he is giving up and that "I never give up even tho i get banned for raging." I didn't report him. Why? Who knows. I just can't imagine why people are so trigger happy. Why can't people just play and move on? You are all so ****ed that you need to report people for every little thing because you don't think they deserve to play? I report some people definitely but my horse is not that high. Mostly as unskilled but some people go out of their way to screw a game which is really what people should be reporting for. What I am trigger happy with is clicking ignore (even for minor things that I can't bother dealing with at that time) but apparently this is a function much harder to use than report.

I seriously just don't get it. I need an alternative to this game in this genre.