An Introduction and Setting Expectations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaoticmagic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Well I would like to point out a few things that I would like to see changed in TT.
First: Please put a draft mode. Dom has it, but doesn't have ranked which makes no sense.
Second: While I'm at it, I would LOVE 3v3 solo q. I'd quit 5v5 forever.
Third: I'm sure you have heard this before, but the TT jungle is hardcore compared to SR. Also, those mini golems huuuurt >.<(white buff 2 lol). I have a few suggestions for the jungle. Don't randomize the jungle and also I have an idea...maybe you could add 1 blue buff into the map. Would make things interesting. My idea for where it could be placed is right above dragon, but the only entrance should be in the grass above it. This will require another area that needs to be warded instead of having only dragon/red wards.
Fourth: The towers are very easy to take down. Maybe they should be strengthened early game, but weakened later game to prevent turtles.
These are just a few of my ideas. I hope you will take them into consideration and improve the game.
Thx Kaoticmagic

Edit: ooh and one other thing...the spawn pool turret range is a bit close to the tower making it easy for people to run back heal up and charge back in (also the minion pathing is weird and they like to walk into the spawn pool)...idk how you will fix that but i think it's a minor problem that needs some tweaking

Soft Tortoise

Recruiter

07-24-2012

I am very happy to hear some updates might actually happen on the twisted treeline

GandalfTheSmall

07-25-2012

fix the fact that anyone with an invincible ult can solo win

DeathWishez

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVnm View Post
Please fix TT. Just played a game that lasted an hour and seven minutes. We smashed the enemy Darius, Annie, and Temmo early game and were well ahead (over ten kills). My team got both the inside towers and inhibs down but then the enemy just turtled and pulled in all minions to their fontain (farming in process). We were unable to get nexus turret down because of the lack of minions and the Teemo mine field suronding it (Teemo built some ap with all of the his gold so that the mines did lots of damage). We eventually got picked off in a bad ingage and got aced. they proceded to rush our nexus (both turrets and inhibs up) and were able to kill our nexus while we were still waiting for respawn (about one minute repawn timer at that point). The game should have been over at the very most 30 minutes, but because of the layout of map Teemo and Darius were able to farm while in their fountain. Please help Nome; you have influence with the rest of the reds and belive it or not people DO play TT.
Agreed. Also Blitzcrank can just pull you in the fountain while your trying to hit that turret I believe it's a little to close.

tazmania99

07-31-2012

sounds great!!your awesome nome i will hardly wait to see the new improvments in maps.=)

Tazi SC

08-01-2012

Are you able to change the wins, so that Twisted Tree Line, and Dominion share wins with Summoners Rift? (ie When you mouse your cursor over someone it shows your TOTAL amount of wins).

Caleb Wolfbrand

08-11-2012

Honestly the only thing I really want changed is the reach of the fountain laser, and perhaps it's power, too.

VenezuelanSwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Lol

WhiteDevilJ

08-11-2012

Twisted Tree line is the best, i just hate how goofy comboes of teams ruin it. most 3 v 3ers take blind pick so you run into ridculous combinations that are unbeatable much of the time, i suppose thats part and parcel of twisted treeline 3 v 3s though. keep up the great work.

Pork Beast

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Hey guys!

Though we've already become acquainted, consider this our formal introduction. I am the new designer on Twisted Treeline, Dominion, and Proving Grounds. This means that I am a liaison between the community and the live design team, and will provide support on gameplay-related matters, including balance, itemization, mechanics, and bug fixes. This does not include non-gameplay concerns such as matchmaking, queue times, or competitions, though I will escalate and champion them across departments when possible.

I wish to work not just for the community, but with the community, and this means that the effectiveness of our relationship is implicit upon a mutual understanding. I will be happy to provide design input, but in return, expect that debates will be logical and objective. For clarity, I ask that thread titles be reflective of their subject matter; there is no need to draw my attention with "RiotNome", as I will read and respond to all relevant subjects. If you have multiple issues to discuss, start a separate thread for each issue to keep discussions relevant, separate, and on-topic. I will try to address topics across all English-speaking realms, though if there is something deserves an immediate response, you may contact me on Twitter (@RiotNome). Finally, if you have personal or non-topical questions, you may ask them here.

I look forward to improving Twisted Treeline together!

Hiii, I play TT a lot and I think it's at times more fun than SR. In response to people complaining that they are winning, take the other teams inhibs, then lose because the other team turtles and farms. Remember that TT is a hair different from SR because the fountain is so close and you can farm from it. This actually makes taking the inhibs from the other team (in many cases) a poor decision if you can't actually end the game right then and there because they can safely farm and lead creeps into the fountain, forcing you to facetank the final turret to get it down. Even if you're winning TT, being aced late game can spell a loss. I think it's why TT is so fun, gameplay is way more volatile, you can really come back from dire circumstances and I think it's more exciting than SR which is a bit more predictable. Please don't change this too much if you rework the map.

One thing I'd really like to see though is a little bit easier and more predictable jungle. This would allow a way bigger champion pool to be effective because some of the weak laners that usually jungle in SR would be definitely viable, amumu for instance. Low lvl players w/ few runes have no chance of jungling any champs in 3s which I think kind of deters them from doing it later on once they might even be able to with certain champs (lee, xin, gp, mundo). Anyways my point is, making jungle easier will result in 2 solo lanes and a jungle, which will encourage lots and lots of fun ganking, jungle fights, and more great action with a larger pool of champs to select from which I hope will make TT even more popular!

Thanks for reading!