@ Nome

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Is Nunu the ONLY champion with a minion-only spell? (Consume)

I looked through the other champions and I'm having trouble finding any other champs with a minion only spells.

The closest thing I can find is something like Volibear's Majestic Roar which has a differential effect.

This seems out of line to have only 1 champion with a minion only spell. No other jungler in SR has a minion-only spell, so why should Nunu?

That said, why can't Nunu's Consume have the same differential effect on minions versus champions?

It would give you a little more survive-ability when a Darius Apprehends you. *cough* Apprehend range 550 / Ice Blast also 550 *cough*.

Having a minion-only spell seems like such a waste, especially on a map like Dominion.

Edit: Thanks to Zeiro for pointing out that Evelyn's passive also only applies to minions. Seems kinda silly since I hear she's only good in Dom and minion dmg is just silly in Dom.

Phourc

06-26-2012

Um... I believe it is, but does it matter?

Nunu is a weird holdover from early LoL design days, but he still has a LOT of power in his kit - keep in mind he can only consume minions but it does 'tons of damage' and heals him with a 1.0 AP ratio - Soraka would kill for that kind of heal xP

You also have an aspd increase for your allies and an aspd decrease for your enemies - so a decent bit of his power is in support effects as well...

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Um... I believe it is, but does it matter?

Nunu is a weird holdover from early LoL design days, but he still has a LOT of power in his kit - keep in mind he can only consume minions but it does 'tons of damage' and heals him with a 1.0 AP ratio - Soraka would kill for that kind of heal xP

You also have an aspd increase for your allies and an aspd decrease for your enemies - so a decent bit of his power is in support effects as well...
I understand all that.

In ranked organized play Sauron has him in the middle of Tier 3, so a small buff won't hurt anything.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152948

"Cheesecake - These champions have minimal counters and overrun almost the entire roster.
Tier 1 - Either break the game or completely shut out certain roles. Firstpick material.
Tier 2 - On the strong side and are safe picks to "main."
Tier 3 - Balanced and won't get banned or randomly denied in draft.
Tier 4 - Will require exceptional skill or teamwork to do well.
Tier 5 - Should start in bot lane, but could swap later. Basically the no-placement tier of top lane."

That is for organized teams that help each other and don't run in circles and derp.

In solo queue he needs a little help.

Furthermore, as the ONLY champion with a minion only spell he is an aberration that should be brought in line with all other champions.

Not to mention 4 buttons - 1 button = 3 buttons.

I like buttons to mash.

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
- keep in mind he can only consume minions but it does 'tons of damage' and heals him with a 1.0 AP ratio - Soraka would kill for that kind of heal xP
P.S. - His range on consume is insanely small (125). So even if there is a minion near, you usually can't eat it and keep fighting. You have to run to the minion while getting beat on = not worth it.

The only exception is Heims turret or shaco / LeBlanc doppelganger and the CD is pretty high until max rank.

inFe eD

06-26-2012

Nunu is fine, borderline OP even; Consume makes him autowin a lot of bot lane matchups.

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Nunu is fine, borderline OP even; Consume makes him autowin a lot of bot lane matchups.
Are you kidding? He's not very good bottom.

Yes, he has consume for sustain, but he doesn't have AoE or range. He's not that good bottom.

I'd take personally Maokai, Ziggs or any of the top rated bottoms over Nunu any day.

Look at Sauron's list... Nunu is in the same position for top and bottom. Middle Tier 3.

57 champions are better bottom than Nunu lolz.

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Also everyone is ignoring that Nunu is the ONLY champion with a minion only spell.

That's just silly.

You want him to jungle SR? Fine, but all the other junglers do it w/ spells that work on champions too.

Edit: Downvoted? How can this possibly be downvoted lol. If you disagree list the champion with the minion only spell or your reasoning why Nunu should have one.

Edit #2: Thanks go Zeiro for pointing out that Evelyn's passive is minion only (and bad?).

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Jungle Nunu isn't even that good in SR anymore... everyone plays him support utilizing his 3 skills that do something

Imwetoddid

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohelet View Post
Look at Sauron's list... Nunu is in the same position for top and bottom. Middle Tier 3.

57 champions are better bottom than Nunu lolz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
As usual, all tier lists are just opinions of their creators based on their experience and are certainly not absolute reasoning or even a valid argument in discussions.
Ehem.

Kohelet

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imwetoddid View Post
Ehem.
I still gave him valid arguments regarding sustain AoE and range.

He gave no arguments and simply made a blanket statement with no reasoning or fact.