1000 rp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-26-2012

We should be blaming the President, not Pendragon. The President is the cheap son of... who doesn't want to give RP to everyone cause he will lose profits on PFE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fire Fist Fenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2012

no rp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Leonhart View Post
You are the retarded one. I don't even know if I had loss content because guess what, I COULDN'T EVEN LOG IN. I waited in queue just to get stuck in "Calculating..." words. So yes, I think you are retarded indeed.
Yes, you could in fact log in. I logged in plenty of times during the long queue period. Just because you didn't have the time or patience to wait doesn't mean Riot is at fault, or owes you anything for that matter.

The fact that you say you don't know if you suffered content loss makes your argument even more baseless. If you had suffered content loss you would have been given 1k RP. So obviously, you didn't lose anything, therefore you do not and never will deserve the RP. That's the harsh truth buddy. I didn't suffer content loss, so I didn't get RP either. Do I care? No, not at all. Because I am a perfectly reasonable person and understand that things happen. Also that Riot is a business and they can give RP to whoever they **** well feel is deserving of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylum Lux

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
All players received a 10-win boost to apologize for recent instability.
Certain players who had additional problems received additional compensation.
This is the issue.

Everyone had the same problems. We were unable to log into the game. I don't care if, were I to log in to the game, the entire client would have been replaced with pictures of ponies - it didn't matter because everyone, champions or no champions, was locked out for the vast majority of the time that certain people lost champions and runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RenegadeRabbit

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
Ok, what did you think these people did with 0 champions? Play blind pick with only the free week champs? I doubt it.

Couldn't do rank or draft cause they didn't have 16 champs.
Oh lawdy lawdy, couldn't play ranked! LAWDY LAWDY WAT WE GONNA DO WITHOUT RANKED!?

Why the hell would you want to play ranked while people are constantly DCing and lagging, and the game is FILLED with bugs that messed up the game hardcore?

Once I could finally play after 2 or 3 days, I had to wait in queue for 3-4 hours. I played 3 custom games, all of which got ****ed up due to the bugs and lag/DCing. After the third game, my client crashed. Another 3 hours in queue. Needless to say, I didn't play the rest of the day.

I wouldn't even play ranked NOW because the remaining bugs that plague the game, STILL.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyuhyuns Bunny

Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
All players received a 10-win boost to apologize for recent instability.
Certain players who had additional problems received additional compensation.
Well I did lose 12 elo due to the client crashing during Solo Q back when you changed the patches around.

Compensation where?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cute One

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Take this to heart: When you begin to give compensation for anything (real life and virtual world) people expect it. There will be 6000 of these QQ threads EVERY SINGLE TIME your server is now down, with people expecting compensation.

Is this right? No

At the end of the day no one deserves compensation. Things happen the server goes down and it needs fixed.

TO be 100% honest I'd rather you guys take the server down for 24 hours if something like this shall happen again. Fix / repair the hardware issues / server problems. Slowly from there turn it back online doing what you are doing now by toggiling the amount of people allowed on said server.

Queue times happen, server problems happen. Not every single person will be happy and will demand compensation. They don't deserve it at all. At the end of the day this is a free game - with a pay to play option which I'd venture to say a high % of people pay to play.

If you decide to do a compensation based reward system what you should do:

Take how much people spend on RP PER DAY divided by how many players you have (find an average). Give something (not the rp itself) of very similar worth as compensation to players PER DAY the service is down.

This is adequate compensation nothing more, nothing less.

Riot as a company has unfortunately gone past the compensation mark. Now its expected. Enjoy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostnight

Senior Member

06-26-2012

0.5% > 95.5% of players.

Riot's logic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d4l3kcaan

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

This thread is now about dogs.

ur mom


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CleaningMaid2

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.
Hahaha, so you're saying everyone should be emotionless greedy morons? Stop thinking about money and think as a human, living in a just world. You say we take this emotionnaly when you hide behind lies and bullshiet because of your stupid pride that makes you refuse to admit your own stupidity